...life can be translucent

Menu

Which is more positive? (55 or 17.3>49)

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Following on from what I said in a post made by Beth about How do you know when you've met the right person (or at least someone who could make you happy) Where I wrote the following:

Quote "I guess in a nutshell this is saying there is no 'how' about it - you just will!
55 Abundance - perhaps that when it's the right person it will fill you up and you will just know - and changing to Peace perhaps that you will feel relaxed and know it's right when you meet him - so in theory it should be simple! You just have to wait for him to come along and presumably a good feeling will overwhelm you with no doubts undermining it... I wonder if that actually happens to people though?

I don't know what love is - I seem to be drawn to a person, but if they then show a real interest back - I shy away - or find myself more attracted to someone else who makes me nervous and feel butterflies but who I know deep down probably wouldn't go for me - even if they do seem to be charming! Or maybe it's just friendliness and because I like them I take it that way...

What I'm trying to say, inarticulately, is that it looks like the Yi is saying when you meet the right person you'll just know - everything will fall into place and be perfect on every level... sounds great - something to hope for, but does it really happen that way? Or does it build - or do you generally have to accept that they are perhaps not your ideal vision but you get on well and are attracted to the person and so you should realise that it's a good opportunity to be in a happy and equal relationship? As I said I seem to sabotage any chance of having a proper boyfriend, because I end up fantasising about the ones who are probably unavailable, eventhough I am attracted to the ones I feel more comfortable with and who give me something back - I still end up rejecting them, and someone (probably) out of reach will preoccupy my idealised romantic notions... usually the one that I can't make eye contact with ie am too shy to be myself with! So it all goes down the pan.. Does this suggest, my inability to make eye contact, that I know subconsiously that this person is not on my level emotionally?"

:rolleyes:

There are 2 guys that I have been considering recently, though I don't know them well at all only a couple of encounters so probs a bit hasty but still... I asked the Yi which one would be better for me/ who do I have more, if any, chance with.

Person A (who I like more, but perhaps for the wrong reasons (see above))

Hex 55 Unchanging

Or person B (who perhaps seems more interested but I'm less attracted too, which perhaps wouldn't be the case if person A didn't exist - lol)

Hex 17.3 Following to 49 Revolution.

Sigh - I don't know - What do you think?
I'm always wrong in matters of love - I think I am too idealistic ebout it sometimes... it's just I feel it would be nice to have a companion of some sort at the mo.. It's been a while...

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The good/bad news is that the IC goes for candidate A, so off you go.

M

meng

Hi em ching,

55 is a peak (I'm sure most of my older associates recall the term "peak" from the 60's). It can sometimes be an overwhelmed state of mind, filled to the brim.

So just imagine all the ways this might be interpreted! For example, you are overwhelmed by him. But had it not been for your clues of how you feel about him, one could just as easily say that you are fed up with him. But given the power of your attraction to him, I'd say he turns you on. Is that the "wrong reason" you refer to? I'd also venture as guess, that he is a powerful man?

Guy #2: He's interested in you, so you're not that interested in him. lol.. life can be so cruel sometimes.

You need the challenge, that much seems evident.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Lol - I like the word candidate Willowfox!

Yeah, well what's wrong about candidate B is that - yeah he has more of an overwhelming effect on me - and yeah he's more confident/ classically good looking than the other y'might say. This is bad cause usually it means I won't be able to relax around him so it'll fizzle away to nothing.. maybe..

The second guy... hmm... well funny you should say I like a challenge! He's actually leaving the place where I know him from and behaving oddly apparently - so now I'm feeling more attracted ! To the mystery I guess.. I seem to like awkward, complex people - or in other words weirdos - which in the past has not proven good for me!

Ah well we'll see what happens, maybe nothing with either... :rofl:

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thinking about it - perhaps 17.3 > 49 was reflecting the fact that person A would no longer be around anyway - ie molting - eventhough perhaps there was a brief 'following' as it were - therefore prophetic I guess! As it was today I found out he was leaving...

M

meng

I thought person B was 17.3 > 49, the molting and sulky withdrawn one.

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
I thought person B was 17.3 > 49, the molting and sulky withdrawn one.

Oops yeah I meant person B - though not sure he's sulky and withdrawn - I thought perhaps molting meant he was just gunna go away anyway, which looks probable.

M

meng

Oops yeah I meant person B - though not sure he's sulky and withdrawn - I thought perhaps molting meant he was just gunna go away anyway, which looks probable.

Woops, my bad. I had the impression of a sulking or mutable artist type.

fkegan

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi em ching,
The two oracles you refer to would probably be describing your possible relationship with each of these persons should you manage to put down the Oracle text and actually interact with them.

Hex 55 is also Fireworks or Total Solar Eclipse an event of amazing flash and awesomeness that can not continue very long. As an oracle without moving lines that means it is going through each of its 6 stages.

Hex 17.3>>49 this highlights the third place Yin moving which involves becoming aware of one's passion and through this passion changing the situation of following after a man toward changing yourself.

Given the glimpse of yourself and your relationship choices it seems you might want to dip your toe into relationship B since he is moving away anyway and you don't have to surrender to your usual fears if things start to go well. Extra bonus, if A is remaining around, you can try relationship B and if that fails continue the Fireworks with A and thus postpone that relationship following its natural course. Seems your usual inclination would be to cast the Yi lots, perhaps interact a bit with A and only after B is gone wonder if you missed an opportunity.

The most positive part of your two oracles is that hex 49 refers to molting, that is changing yourself or caterpillar becoming butterfly so that whatever is happening with this possible A or B choices the important change would be within yourself and your attitudes about interaction with others.

If you find these two oracles insufficient, since you have a binary choice between A and B, let me suggest flipping a coin as it is simpler and more direct. The official coin flip oracle goes like this. Narrow your choices to two. Assign heads to one and tails to the other. Flip the coin either Heads or Tails. If you find yourself unable to feel this settled the matter, you want the other option. If you still can't feel resolved, you do not care about either option and have no business seeking a decision--figure out why you are hung up and playing with oracle answers.

Frank

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Brilliant thanks guys. Definitely right on the interact with them more front - I'm quite bad with hiding behind technology, and have been interacting more with person B though the internet than face to face which we have actually just joked about... I think probs hex 55 just refers to what I know deep down already - that person A is a classic crush case - flash in the pan - firework then gone - an idea without substance...

But I feel that person B could be a possibility as long as I don't sabotage it now with shyness in face to face meetings, or if I start backing away from it if something starts to happen - I hate when I see people's flaws and look for things that are wrong when the persona actually seems to like me back - which is what I thought I wanted! Anyway I shall try and hush that voice and give it a go with B - :rofl: we'll see...

Wow Meng that's amazing - I think, though I don't know him that well, that he is a bit of an impulsive moody arty type - how did you get that from 17.3>49? Very impressive... Frank really liked that analogy of a caterpillar to a butterfly - that'd be nice - especially as I have been feeling a bit lonely and inhibited in my current living situation... but also coping and there are always positives to counteract! Nothing, is ever, perfect.. :rolleyes:

M

meng

I think, though I don't know him that well, that he is a bit of an impulsive moody arty type - how did you get that from 17.3>49?

A cognitive picture formed from subtle hints; some given by you (what types interest you), some from imagining a 17/49 type personality. A 17 person is an idealist, who loses the boy for the sake of his ideals. And, he/she is a revolutionary, going against the mainstream. 17 is also a withdrawing personality; so there's a withdrawn idealist, or an artist, philosopher, rebel, etc.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).