...life can be translucent

Menu

I really need help in interpretation :) Yes it's aout a girl

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
Hi
First of all i apologize if I am breaking the written or unwritten rules of message boards. If this should be posted somewhere else please tell me, and I'll try to move it.

I was introduced to Yi jing by my mom and it has been around me for many years, but i haven't been casting it unless I had some big serious questions so my experience in interpreting are limited (specially taking into account my current situation)

Only recently have I been "broadening my horizons" so to speak. By that I mean seeking out other people who consult it and seeking other translations (then my usual Blofeld translation)

Ok here's my problem then.

I am just out of a relationship with a girl and this hurts me a lot. We were together for a little over two years out of which we lived together for one. Now I am pretty lost. I am unsure whether to move on, hope for a new beginning, give her time and a thousand others.
(more on that later if needed:) )

I use yarrow to cast btw.
I have asked several questions and I got my answers.
My problem here is that my intuition, in which I've always trusted, is failing me. this is happening because my mind is chattery and hard to focus and I am insecure in my situation so I cannot distinguish between my intuition and what i really really want to happen when interpreting (among a myriad of thoughts racing through my mind..)

Also I am not sure if the answers are really to the questions I asked because no matter how much I try to concentrate on the question, in the back of my mind I am wondering "what to do?"

Is there anybody here that could help me to interpret at least some of my answers? I am really stuck here and I dont know where to go :confused:

D

diamanda

Hi sasha,
Plenty of helpful people here!
Let us know what answers you got.

halfsister

visitor
Reaction score
Been there, Sasha.
You are right, especially when asking about love, we tend to interpret the answers to what we want to happen.

well, that's why we have these forum. Post your query and am sure there are lots of people out there who will help you with interpretation...and love advise too :)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Post your questions and the answers that you received just like everyone else does.

After doing a quick reading for you the prospects of a reconciliation do not look good, you need to control your emotions on this one as certain sacrifices have to be made for the greater good, in order that you can move on and live your life to the fullest because it sure ain't the end of your world.

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
This is what i got

Hi,
thank you for all the quick answers.

i can take some basic, and most important ones :)

When asking "What will happen further on with\between me and her?" I got a 31 with 6 in the first line, and 9 in the third and forth lines, this gave me 3 as the second hex.

On "what is the right\correct way?" i got 23 with 6 on the forth line and 35 as my second hexagram. ( many places I am advised to follow the correct way - I am not sure if this is the exact or the best way to translate this to English, but I hope you know what i am referring to)

And when asked " what do I do further on regarding her?\ What way do I follow?" I got a 28. simple and clear.

I must mention that the questions, in reality, were more direct and simple, but they were also on nowegian, so when translating them I tryed to preserve the meaning and not necessarily the simplicity :)

You see my general understanding of a hexagram (the meaning, the name, the message itself) is clouded by the details mentioned in the lines themselves, and vice versa. And I catch my self seeing only negative, and if i it is possible, interpreting things only in a negative way...

what do you think of this?

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
Post your questions and the answers that you received just like everyone else does.

After doing a quick reading for you the prospects of a reconciliation do not look good, you need to control your emotions on this one as certain sacrifices have to be made for the greater good, in order that you can move on and live your life to the fullest because it sure ain't the end of your world.

I suppose you are right on that. I have been trying to tell my self that this isn't the end of my or THE world, and have been trying to control my emotions (they have escaped any and all means of control), so the answers you got are not totally foreign for me...

thank you for doing a quick reading for me, by the way. thats a nice thing to do for a person you have never met...

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
When asking "What will happen further on with\between me and her?" I got a 31.1,3,4 > 3

Line 31.1 shows the idea or inclination to start something with her once again, at present it is still in your head.

Line 31.3 says that a strong desire will develop to run after her but get a control of yourself and don't let your passions make a fool of you.

Line 34.4 This line warns you not to try and be all over her or manipulate her because as this will only result in disaster for you. You must remain absolutely neutral in this matter and back right off and let your light attract the right people to you.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Line 23.6 is all about cycles, you are just on the verge of an ending downward cycle which has reached as far as it can go, so now you are slowly going up on the Wheel and better times and opportunities now lie in before you. New opportunities in the love/relationship department will start appearing in due course, so don't be sad or melancholy because your star is on the rise once again leading to Hex 35, progress and success.

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
Hmmm, as it is usual in this type of questions and answers I want to say that you are wrong :) But I know you are not.

It seems as if my intuition isn't gone at all, I think that I mistook it for insecurity as the parts of me that didn't want to acknowledge the turn of events clouded my mind. You see, none of the things (well at least the core of them) that you mentioned are new to me. This is good as it gives me new strength and belief in my self, but also is a new step in my relationship with Yi Jing.

I must ask you a couple more things, if you dont mind.

23.6 speaks about "misfortune" and the commentary is "...Here the disaster affects not only the resting place but even the occupant. No
warning or other comment is added. Misfortune has reached its peak: it can
no longer be warded off." according to Wilhelm's and Cary F. Baynes translation.

Could that be the point at which the cycle turns and goes upwards? As if something will happen that will put things in the right order to start moving on, and upwards? That my view of the "letting go, forgetting her and moving on" is still viewed as such a disaster that in my world right now it could seem as as disastrous loss (misfortune)? Even though I would be the right way to go (In many ways resembling hexagram 49 Revolution that I got for another question - that it is not there before you believe in it)

I guess it is a silly question to ask at this point, and i think\fear I know the answer to it, but does it seem to you from what you see that there is a chance of there ever being something again?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes, line 23.4 does indeed say that disaster has not only affected your resting place but you as well. This is quite obvious in its meaning, as it is just telling you that you no longer live with the girl and that the new situation has upset you no end.
But it goes on to say that misfortune has reached its peak, in other words, the worst is over, it cannot be undone, because you are now separated but the wheel can't go any lower, it can only go up now and that leads nicely on to Hex 35, which says your star will shine once again.

Can you see a reconciliation here? No! Because you cannot rewrite history.

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
thank you for all the answers so far :)

How do you mean I cannot rewrite history?
Do the things that lay behind us, the problems and reasons that brought us where we are today weigh that much?

I got a 34.5 -> 43 as an answer to this type of question earlier but it is unclear to me.

i think that I should add that one of the biggest problems for me within this breakup right now is that she has just pulled down an iron curtain between us. She wont speak about this and is pretending that everything is just fine. towards our mutual friends too. But i know her too well not to see how untrue this is. and this separation and no contact is really bothering me.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think in 23.6 things can go several ways. In my experience, I feel it can be quite catastrophic. One has no choice one has to move on, but one does have a choice over how destructive and painful the moving on is. You can't hang on, but you can choose how the end turns out. Its like you can either leave the stage of this situation in humiliation or in dignity. I think the humiliation arises where one is not proactive enough in this ending, where one lets events overtake in a passive way. I think this is one meaning of a man may 'lose his house or ride in a carriage'. I see that as he can lose everything and be homeless or take a carriage out of the situation. There is also a 'ripe fruit uneaten ' in 23.6. I think that is the essential value or wealth of something you cannot lose when all else is stripped away.

However did you even get 23.6 or 23.4 ? Not sure why we are talking of 23.6 if you got 23.4

sasha

visitor
Reaction score
It was 23.4 I just wrote 23 with 6 in the forth place. Wasn't quite sure of the local terminology at that point.

but to put it in context. she broke up because she says she couldn't see any future with me and spoke of reasons that we both were aware of but werent able to talk about or resolve. but really I think it is all about her dealing with feelings we both know she is afraid of. mostly because of her past.
The thing that stops me from moving on is that i still love her, for some reason, and I see that she still loves me even though she is trying to keep her distance, following her head not her heart.
Lately she has been doing everything she can to push me away, and reacting in panic to what she felt in those moments, just to regret it later. his hurt me a lot.

However all of the great help I got from you people here seems to say I should move on, let everything regarding her go and live my life. The times will get better and happiness will return at some point.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).