Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
ginnie
visitor
- Joined
- Dec 2, 2008
- Messages
- 4,342
- Reaction score
- 365
Thank you all for your great wisdom.
Here is my question: What may I expect if I now consider myself retired from my business? (I am older now and there is not sufficient work available in my field anyway.) But I don't have enough money coming in on a regular basis. I was thinking I could always ask a family member for money, as I am fortunate to have a family member with money.
Anyway, I got 26.2.6>36. I have to admit that hexagram 26 often mystifies me and that I didn't understand this answer. I have gotten #26 a lot over the years.
As background, I have asked my family for money in the past, and they have a few times caused me trouble in the form of severe thwarting, because they hardly ever agree with my plans and activities. But what about that top line moving: "One attains the way of Heaven." Does that mean that I correct my ideas?
So, I asked the reverse question: "I Ching, what may I expect if I do not subordinate myself to family members but still persist at trying to earn my own bread?"
I received hexagram 50, The Cauldron, with no moving lines.
I get static hex 50 a lot. It's a visual image of a big pot, of course, and I take it that I am supposed to keep its contents stirred and bubbling so as to feed not only myself but all the worthy.
Hex 50 with no moving lines is said by R.L.Wing to mean: "those with whom you are associated, as well as yourself, will attain success. . . . Your entire milieu, whether it is religious, social, political, or familial is developing in accord with the cosmos."
That sounds wonderful, but I have to say, it is also more than a little bit nebulous. To achieve success with hex 50, one needs to be rather selfless, and I'm afraid I'm always thinking about how I'm going to pay my dentist, and so forth, like most of us . . . especially since right now I have a toothache. Here in the USA, you know, dentistry is usually not covered under our medical insurance. What a pain!
Any help you might be able to give would be very much appreciated.
Here is my question: What may I expect if I now consider myself retired from my business? (I am older now and there is not sufficient work available in my field anyway.) But I don't have enough money coming in on a regular basis. I was thinking I could always ask a family member for money, as I am fortunate to have a family member with money.
Anyway, I got 26.2.6>36. I have to admit that hexagram 26 often mystifies me and that I didn't understand this answer. I have gotten #26 a lot over the years.
As background, I have asked my family for money in the past, and they have a few times caused me trouble in the form of severe thwarting, because they hardly ever agree with my plans and activities. But what about that top line moving: "One attains the way of Heaven." Does that mean that I correct my ideas?
So, I asked the reverse question: "I Ching, what may I expect if I do not subordinate myself to family members but still persist at trying to earn my own bread?"
I received hexagram 50, The Cauldron, with no moving lines.
I get static hex 50 a lot. It's a visual image of a big pot, of course, and I take it that I am supposed to keep its contents stirred and bubbling so as to feed not only myself but all the worthy.
Hex 50 with no moving lines is said by R.L.Wing to mean: "those with whom you are associated, as well as yourself, will attain success. . . . Your entire milieu, whether it is religious, social, political, or familial is developing in accord with the cosmos."
That sounds wonderful, but I have to say, it is also more than a little bit nebulous. To achieve success with hex 50, one needs to be rather selfless, and I'm afraid I'm always thinking about how I'm going to pay my dentist, and so forth, like most of us . . . especially since right now I have a toothache. Here in the USA, you know, dentistry is usually not covered under our medical insurance. What a pain!

Any help you might be able to give would be very much appreciated.