...life can be translucent

Menu

Feedback on hexagram 8

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don' thnk I have ever asked for help with a reading! I value the personal connection with the Yi and have relied on my intuition over the years. Many times I think that questioning others about understanding a reading can make it more confusing.

after many years of using the Yi, I feel i have developed a kind of "shorthand" with my readings- and familiarity with my ding of meanings for a hex - and dont often feel the need to ponder a response.

HOWEVER....... today I feel my shorthand might be shortsighted. and this is a matter ( question) that arouses deep emotion ( fearfulness ) in me, which can cloud my intuitive hit.
BACKGROUND:
I asked a question about pursuing legal action to get some money owed to me. I have two choices: I can NOT hire a lawyer and have some chance anyway of getting the full sum, because the sum owed is verifiable on public record.....and I could take legal measures on my own without an attorny by seeing a judge who ordered the amount due and who will supoena the defendant for an appearance

the complication is that the person is in california....I am in NY. he has changed his address and he isnt divugling it so there could be difficuty in serving him for an appearance.If he cant be found at a verifiable address, he cant be served, and the judge need to see us both in order to put money judgements on what's owed, amounting to a lien on any money he comes into. I might be able to get an address of some kind soon, and the court is also trying to locate him, but it seems uncertain .

my second choice is to hire a lawyer who told me that for a flat rate, he could pursue this without even having an address, via legal location services, and get the judge to make the money I am owed into money judgements and then put a lien on the defendants income.

I have comfirmed information that the defendant has won a lawsuit this month for which he will win 150,000. soon. it is at the tail end of the all the proceedings, and it was settled this weekend

the defendant called to say he would offer me 10,000 this month if I would sign off on the rest due to me. BUt the amount owed is double that and I dont want to settle for less, when he will have the means to pay the full amount. I think he is trying to bully me for as little as possible, because he knows I could get a warrant for his arrest if he doesnt pay, and that scares him. but he doesnt want to part with the whole owed sum, and he is trying to entice by saying I could have ten grand in two weeks

MY questions: what if I hire a lawyer for this? 42.0

what if i dont hire a lawyer? 55.4 > 36

and finally.........what do i need to do about this lawsuit? 8.0

I am stumped. does 42 mean increase for me..or expensive way to go.
If I dont hire a lwyer, it seems there maybe some problems with him hiding the assets?

BUT 8 really stumped me. To me it means Holding Strong, hold steady. Looking at wikiwing, I'd forgotten that 8 is a lot about unity, joining up with partnership....and dont delay! So it seems to me I ought to get the lawyer. My fear is that I will spend the money and find out later i didnt need to do that, or that something could go wrong and Ill be out that money too/

CAn anyone give me their experieneces with hex 8? in terms of my question do you think it advises getting the lawyer? I think someof you may have your own valuable shorthand for hex 8, or personal experiences. it has never been one I understood all that well.

please.....?

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Bamboo

It wasn't my intention to answer any threads right now as I'm pondering something and hoping for responses on another thread (49 and timing) but I have also received 8 in these type of questions and tonight I got it again when asking what I can do to improve my chances of getting work.

So, my 2 pesetas.... 8 is definitely saying unite either those things inside you or with others and in both your case and mine I think it is being practical and advising us to find others. I guess it comes down to practicalities does the expense of a lawyer still put you ahead of his p*** taking offer? Is there any way you can get more advice maybe from a neighbourhood law centre first ie somewhere that doesn't have a profit motive to advise you on whether your lawyer is giving you good advice.

Tricky isn't it because both your hexes for your 2 choices say positive things one [42] says just plain increase (I think that's your increase) and the other [55.4 > 36] says face your fears and you'll be successful although with the caveat that the time is of the essence. Asset hiding I think is not the 36 issue but the 42 just looks more simple all round.

Based on hexes alone I think I'd go for 42 because it would leave my head and time free but I'm not in the US maybe that's really expensive. I think I'd do an 8 and unite with other advisors and literally do the math on paper which I assume for option 2 means include your time and expenses for tracking him in California.

On a different note, a court in Australia recently served papers to someone on Facebook and it was accepted by the court as legitimate!

Don't feel like I've told you any more than you already know sorry. Stressfull stuff no? But at least they both appear to be saying you'll get there one way or another so that's something I guess. And hopefully you'll get more replies to this thread maybe others can advise better about the 36 and asset hiding.

Good luck Lucia

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
Afterthought.....

I've never had an 8 that didn't include others and just as I was going to shut down my computer I saw Bradfords book - 36 - "bank your assets, take no risks" hmm serendipity?

like I said good luck with it all

lucia

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lucia, wow. You said a lot that i hadnt thought of! and I appreciate it mucho. I am taking notes from your post,interesting about facebook....hmmm...i know his email address, and i know the job he has sorta been working for, that could be an identifying address.

yes, maybe 36 doesnt mean hiding assets , but may mean keeping a low profile and using covert strategies, as 55.4 says something about unting with people who can help, maybe the judge can do more if I just get her some kind of contact

the lawyers fee was not expensive, 1200 flat rate, and if he can promise to get the 20,000 owed me in a lien, it would be worth it to me.
The 8 says coming late is not good, so I need to move fast

bradford's words say to bank it, take no risks.................seems like a lawyer would be less a risk that trying to do it alone.

thank you for your help very much.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
MY questions: what if I hire a lawyer for this? 42.0

This speaks for itself, increase, and it advises to go for gold.

what if i don't hire a lawyer? 55.4 > 36

This shows that you can proceed by yourself but you will need help from someone in order to win, and further suggests that this will prove to be a harder route as there are all sorts of problems and difficulties ahead, mainly people problems and you obviously lack the power to deal with them alone.

and finally.........what do i need to do about this lawsuit? 8.0

This suggests a need to follow a "leader", someone you can look to for help and advice but like you already know, you need to act fast.

The last option is to tell this person exactly what you plan to do, ie get a lawyer to deal with him and could you not asked for interest to be paid on the outstanding loan as well, that seems only reasonable. I think most courts would award interest to be paid as well.

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Willowfox, you are so good! intuitive. Your last option was the correct one. The Yi is fabulous too......because Upon pondering the answer some more, my gut feeling was that it was implying that I seek unity with the person, or that unity was pending...... and today, the person called me, doesnt want any legal problems, and we made a deal satisfying to both of us.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).