...life can be translucent

Menu

about a relationship

muluc

visitor
Reaction score
Hi to all of you,

This is my first post here, although I have been visiting this forum for some time. A friend of mine introduced to me I Ching two year ago but I started study it more serious about 6 months ago. Since I am a beginner, I try to be very cautions with using it.

Yesterday I need to consult Yi, because I needed an insight regarding a situation between me and my significant other. Before Christmas we had kind of a fight. I believe that one of us or both didn’t hear the other clearly so the discussion when hot ! We made up ( I didn’t want to continue the fight during Christmas time) but 2 days ago the subject came up again. We had a discussion that turned to another fight. Since then we haven’t talk but we have to talk about it when he will return from a business trip in a few days. I thought to use that time to think again what is really going on between us and why this fight. So I asked

what is the reality of that situation : 20.6 >8
Never had this line before so its not clear what it means. I see it as saying that this union is been observed from another lever free of personal views ( more objectively )

Give me an image of my behavior : 40.4 > 7
I read it as I wanted to release my emotions regarding that past fight because they didn’t make me feel free to be as I wanted to be. Initially I didn’t want to speak about them for the sake of the peace but them I decide to let the other know

give me an image of his behavior : 55 no moving lines
Well, does it says that his silence is a kind of punishment ?

what to do from here on : 55.1 > 62
Does that line says not to do anything, not to try to approach him again because its over ?

As I said before , I’m a beginner and don’t feel comfortable with my interpretations. Any help you can provide me, will be appreciated

Thank you
Muluc

p.s. sorry about my English because is not my mother tongue

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome Muluc!

I think the reality of the situation is that if you can get beyond the issue - 6th line indicates getting beyond - and see things objectively, 20, then you will see you and your friend both want your partnership to survive, 8. Seeking Union.

I really like your second question, "Give me an image of my behavior".
40.4 says "Deliver yourself from your great toe. Then the companion comes, and him you can trust."
Seems to say that your behavior leaves no wiggle room, either the issue or the man has got to go.

Give an image of his behavior, 55.
I don't read this as his punishing you, but rather that he too has reached the end of his rope. 55 is a feeling of being happy in the moment and not taking past unresolved issues into the future. The "deciding lawsuits" says to me that he is done fighting and if you can't accept his position then he will not continue trying to come to an agreement - or trying to have a partnership. In English we have an expression, "It's my way or the highway," meaning you do things my way or I'm going to go on down the road.

What to do from here on? 55.1 > 62.
I'm not understanding your thought process. How did you get "it's over" from this? Oh, maybe because 62 talks about grief. Well, I think 55.1 is so encouraging that I wouldn't feel a separation is inevitable. Rather I think you are being advised that if you want to continue this relationship you will have to drop the issue, the big toe, and focus on what is good between you. 55.1 describes a wonderful relationship and 62 urges you to focus just on that. (Doesn't mean you necessarily should stay in the relationship, but that if you are going to, if you feel it's worth it, then focusing on what is good is what you need to do.)

Let us know...
rosada

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).