...life can be translucent

Menu

Is Difficulty really Difficulty?

mirror_saw

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,

As some of you already know, I'm looking for other employment right now. I've met a man who I feel will be a great mentor for me. However, I'm financially not in a position to go work for him right at the moment.

Another man I'm friends with is in need of a driver, salesperson, computer guy, etc. right now and I think for the short term working with him temporarily will benefit both of us.

Last week I gave the second gentleman a proposal of what I'll be willing to do for him and at what price my services will be. I've not heard from him?

So I asked Yi the following and need some clarity on what Yi's answer is really saying to me.

QUESTION:

"WHAT WILL BE FRANK'S ANSWER TO MY PROPOSAL? PLEASE SHOW ME"

ANSWER:

Hex# 39 6-1 and 9-3 changing into Hex# 3

QUESTIONS:

1. Should I take this reading to mean Difficulty Sprouting?

2. Can you all assist me in this answer?

many thanks,

mirror saw

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"Should I take this reading to mean Difficulty Sprouting?"

Yup. That's one way to read it, and that's the way that occurred to you, which means it's probably the one meant for you.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Why, what's wrong with the way you've interpreted it? What's behind the assumption in your question that it's preferable to be able to sort through various interpretations and go shopping for the one you like best, as if it were a pair of shoes or a CD?

Dealing with the Yi isn't like that. It's how you deal with the oracle in the moment, and what comes up in the moment, that really counts. The Yi's living, and it deserves the respect you give living things.

I can understand comparing notes with other people about the meaning of lines and hexagrams in general, and I can understand asking other people for their interpretations if you're just drawing blank when you try to come up with a meaning. But if you've come up with a perfectly respectable interpretation, then you should go with that - it's a gift from the Yi. So rather than give you other interpretations of 39>3, I'll ask you this question: what do you mean by 'difficulty sprouting'? Elaborate.

exnihilo

visitor
Reaction score
I agree with Dobro. I don't think Frank is going to be too excited about your proposal.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember a previous reading about the proposal for Frank brought up 38 - Opposition, seeing differently. You and he have very different ways of seeing this. That need not be The End, but Difficulty does follow very naturally.

Dobro is right that the interpretation that comes to your mind is generally your answer. The next step would be to go read the moving lines - or, of course, to wait and see how Frank actually does respond.

mirror_saw

visitor
Reaction score
O.K.,

It seems to me that when I'm doing a reading, it's really about what "feels" right. "difficulty sprouting" was what popped into my head.

Maybe I should have asked you another question:

How far do you go when interpreting the Yi?

Do you get your answer from the Judgement and stop? Or do you read the changing lines as well?

Are there any rules that I should be aware of?

I stopped after "difficulty sprouting". However, I didn't even read the changing lines. How far do all of you go?

mirror saw

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
I wish you'd answer my questions and respond to my comments. It's like I'm posting in a void or something. Very unsettling.

"How far do you go when interpreting the Yi?"

I go as far as I am inclined to go based on my desire to understand the Yi's response to my question. It all turns on my response to the Yi.

"Do you get your answer from the Judgement and stop? Or do you read the changing lines as well?"

I read both. But I give more value to activated lines if there is only one line or two; if there are more activated lines, I give less value to each line and look more at the overall picture of main hex>relating hex.

"Are there any rules that I should be aware of?"

There are no rules. Furphuxache, when you're dealing with an oracle, it's all intuition. Rules are for the other side of the brain lol.

"I stopped after "difficulty sprouting". However, I didn't even read the changing lines. How far do all of you go?"

I go as far as I need to go. Which, in this case, is probably here. Unless, of course, you choose to answer my previous question: when you came up with 'difficulty sprouting', what did you mean by that? What does 'difficulty sprouting' mean, actually? Imagine you were trying to explain it to somebody who wasn't familiar with the Yi. How would you explain 'difficulty sprouting' to that person?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
And Dobro wins the prize for most ingenious circumvention of the cuss words filter!
biggrin.gif

I always read the changing lines. I like the 'no rules' spirit, but in practice the lines can offer a different picture to the Judgement, and that takes precedence.

mirror_saw

visitor
Reaction score
"I wish you'd answer my questions and respond to my comments. It's like I'm posting in a void or something. Very unsettling."

Dear Dobro,

Here is a question for you. Since I'm new to the Yi, and YOU seem very unsettled by me, I wonder how acurate YOUR advice really is to someone like myself?

Quite frankly, you seem very hostile and angered, I'm just looking for friends and guidance here. Calm and composed guidance here. Perhaps you are having a difficult time in your own life right now, and I forgive your seemingly hostile energy towards me.

However, if your NOT having a difficult time in your life right now. Don't respond to my posts, I don't care what pearls of Yi wisdom you have for me. Furphuxache Dobro, your just plain negative for my understanding.

mirror saw...look at yourself?

julie

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mirror,

Dobro often expresses himself in kind of a sharp way, but he's extremely knowledgeable and he's completely coming from the right place. If you're not familiar with him, I can understand how you would read his remarks the way you did -- that he's unsettled, hostile and angry. But I actually didn't read them that way at all. I did find myself thinking, "Hey, Dobro, you could have said that more nicely."

I think the basic point he was trying to make is a positive one for a newcomer. He's just saying that the place to start is with your own reactions, and that you can trust yourself.

I do think this is a pretty cautionary reading. It's hard when the Yi says something you don't want to hear. Personally, my feeling about it is that I never simply take the Yi's word for it. I put what the Yi has said into my mind, and I take it as a factor, just like if I were talking to a friend I had a lot of respect for. Sometimes, that means I do what the Yi has cautioned me about anyway, with a bit more care than I might have otherwise. Sometimes, as I think about the warning, it fits together into a whole picture so that I say, hey, this isn't where I want to go.

I don't think the Yi is directly answering your question. It's not saying "Frank will say no," because it doesn't really say things like that. But I do think it's giving you a picture overall of the situation with the proposal and Frank. My read of it is that it's saying that there are some obstacles there, that you shouldn't just charge ahead but you should stay tuned into yourself, and that there will be difficulties getting started.

And take a deep breath. Even if Dobro is annoying sometimes, the fact is that he's taking the trouble of writing to you, at your request. He doesn't deserve your anger.

Warmly,

Julie

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
I wish I knew how to pronounce furphuxache, that's a pretty cool word to be throwing around. (And I don't think mirror saw was being any more belligerent than Dobro! one good turn deserves another!)

Mirror...in time you will come to "feel" your own response to a yi response. And when you feel the inner resonance, those are probably your best answers.
There are many ways to explore an answer in depth as well, and sometimes that is amazing because you see many nuances that weren't immediately obvious but which make sense in an amazing way.

BUt for this reading, maybe your first gut reaction was to resonate with the 3. So Dobro's question made sense. If you start to explore what difficulty sprouting means to you, you might amaze yourself.
BY the way, did you read the gift Hilary put in her newsletter? "seven ways to live a reading".....VERY interesting for a beginner and non-beginners as well. thank you Hilary!

My "gut" reaction to your reading, and this is just me and my gut, was that Frank felt put off by your figures. As if he went WOAH! That's more than I want to pay, and I am not sure if this sprout can produce.

well, by now, you might have gotten a response from Frank...or maybe not. Can you update us?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Mirror wrote - "Here is a question for you. Since I'm new to the Yi, and YOU seem very unsettled by me, I wonder how acurate YOUR advice really is to someone like myself? Quite frankly, you seem very hostile and angered, I'm just looking for friends and guidance here. Calm and composed guidance here. Perhaps you are having a difficult time in your own life right now, and I forgive your seemingly hostile energy towards me. However, if your NOT having a difficult time in your life right now. Don't respond to my posts, I don't care what pearls of Yi wisdom you have for me. Furphuxache Dobro, your just plain negative for my understanding. mirror saw...look at yourself?"

Hey, Mirror - I wasn't feeling hostile at all, and I'm not feeling hostile at all now. Hostility is such a waste of time and energy. Believe it or not, I was trying to bring out the best in your reading and help you understand it better. But that's not to be, apparently lol. I wish you well. I'm bailing from this thread, though. Good luck with your Yi work.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).