...life can be translucent

Menu

This is my first time trying I ching, Please help me

uoffl

visitor
Reaction score
I have just recently turned to the I ching, because I'm currently in a situation where I just don't know where to go, and who to turn to.

I'm in a relationship right now, and 4 months into the relationship, something happened that almost ended our new relationship. But I really want to be with the person I'm with right now, so I keep hanging on. Things have definitely gotten worse, with increasing intense arguments, and several attempts on his part to break up with me. However, I still keep on begging him to calm down and stay with me. I'm in college right now, so I live with my friends. I come home crying almost every day, because something stupid happened between us, and he wanted to break up again. All my roommates are my close friends, and they all say they hate seeing me like this, and that I shouldn't have to put up with this, and that I deserve so much more. I know they're just looking out for me, but I feel they don't understand how much I want to be with this person.
Lost and misunderstood, I stumbled upon I ching on a horoscope website. So this is the question I asked "What can I expect for potential future of my relationship with my current boyfriend?"
And this is the answer the I ching gave me. The primary hexagram is 23 (Splitting Apart) with changing lines 2 and 6, and the relating hexagram is 7 (The Army).
The changing line 2 states that "The bed is split at the edge, those who persevere are destroyed. Misfortune"
I've read in the beginning book instruction that the changing lines represent what will happen in the future, with the first line being the near future and the top line being the distant future?
Does that mean in the near future, something bad, as devastated as the first bad thing that happened to our relationship nearly a year ago, is about to happen again? And what does it mean by those who persevere are destroyed? Is that referring to me? since I keep hanging on to the relationship?

Then the changing line of 6 states that "There is a large fruit still uneaten. The superior man receives a carriage. The house of the inferior man is split apart."
What does that mean really? Overall, does it mean we're not meant to be, and there's nothing I can do to save the relationship, if I keep on hanging on then bad things will happen? and if the breakup happens, then I will be split apart emotionally?
Please help me with this interpretation, I was devastated and lost all hopes in life the first time it happened, and I just get so sick thinking about the possibility of this breakup. Please please help me.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"What can I expect for potential future of my relationship with my current boyfriend?"
hexagram is 23. 2 and 6 > 7

Line 23.2 shows your bf making trouble which is seriously upsetting you but suggests that you need to back away from him, give yourself some space as you just cannot continue the way you are at the moment otherwise you and your work will suffer.

Line 23.6 you have to stop giving this guy any reasons to cause a conflict with you, by avoiding him and by taking a much tougher stance towards him, stop begging him to stay for a start, then hopefully he will see the errors of his ways and calm down, as there are some sparks of hope still remaining in this relationship. You have to be strong and if he doesn't like it then leave because things like this can only go down hill if allowed to continue. So, if he says that he is leaving, show no emotion and just say goodbye, that will certainly rock his boat as he is playing games with you.

Your his puppet on a string.

uoffl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your help with the interpretation. The weird thing is, those are exactly the things all my close friends said even before I even turned to the I ching for help.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Now you know exactly what has to be done, stop letting him pull your strings, the game is over.

proserpine

visitor
Reaction score
hexagram 23

I have to agree with Willowfox.Don't let him play you.
If you get that upset when he yells or threatens to break up he knows he can control you with that.
And I have a strong feeling, that whether you love this guy or not,maybe it is something lese inside that makes it seem so important to keep him with you.
The last line in 23 means there is a renewal out of ashes.That can only mean something good whatever it means specifically for you and he.I agree--try not to let him get to you.Act like nothing is new and yethold tight and don't act upset when he gets difficult--even if you're cringing inside--act like you're fine.:)
Remember what Willow said and what I said--you're a very important person--no one is *more* important not even him.;-)Hang in there hon.

uoffl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you :)

He's not a bad guy. He has a lot of qualities that I really do respect. I do agree he's not handling things in a good way, but most of the time people don't handle a lot of things the right way, he's over-reacting about certain stuff, and I think due to our immaturity, both of us have done things wrong that we just can't seem to see.

But it has been a really bad emotional roller coaster ride as we both try to cope with all these emotions in the relationship, and it's worse for me because I care so much, a little too much.

Thank you so much for helping me with the interpretation. I really appreciate your help in clearing my confusion.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).