...life can be translucent

Menu

Honk-Honk, How does a car breakthrough?

deedeebird

Inactive
Reaction score
So, today my car wouldn't start and I had to get it towed. It's a very old car, but I've put a bit of money into it and have been told it should last a while longer. Of course, since I had to deal with getting it towed and borrowing a car, I lost part of my day. I had planned to run errands, exercise, and write...most of which I'm still doing or planning to do, just a little later than expected. When I sat down with the Yi, I got a number of answers that didn't seem to fit my car problems, so I'm thinking maybe I'm being told to let it go and try to focus on my writing. On the other hand, I have a hard time assuming it's ok to do that...I asked specific questions, got specific answers, and just don't know how to relate them.

My first question was broad, What do you want to tell me today? Answer was 55, which made me think maybe the car problem is not something I should worry about? (Difficult, since I'm not ready financially to buy a new one.)

Second I asked, What do you mean by 55? 24.5>3 was the answer. I get 24.5 quite often lately, and I know it's a positive line, but am not sure how it applies.

Next I asked how my car is and I got 43 unchanging, which I find impossible to understand. I did see the word "eliminate" in one definition of this hexagram, which, um, scared me a tad...

Lastly I asked if anything was around the bend for tomorrow or Tuesday, since I thought I might get an answer that had to do with the car. I got 30.2>14.

I always seem to get 14 in reference to writing-related questions, so all tolled with 55, 24.5, 30.2 and 14, I thought the Yi was trying to redirect my attention to what I have and what's most important. But 43 throws me, and the truth is, I am up @#$# creek without my ride, so it is important.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...Any ideas much appreciated.

deedeebird

Inactive
Reaction score
I decided to ask a more direct question: What is wrong with my car?

I got 17.3.4>63.

Good googly moogly. Applying spiritual insight to objects. Does this mean I will have to face giving up the car (17.3 be mature), but will get a new one (17.4 brings a catch) because the one I have now needs to be buried (63 completion) OR could it mean that a small problem needs to be fixed (17.3), which will allow the car to run properly again (17.4), bringing this little escapade to conclusion?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
My first question was broad, What do you want to tell me today? Answer was 55,

Your answer suggest that even though your car is ill, you should just carry on with your day and make the best of a bad situation as perhaps tomorrow or the next day the car is going to drain your pocket.

Second I asked, What do you mean by 55? 24.5>3 was the answer.

Perhaps it is telling you that you know that your car is dying a slow death and that you really need to get another, so don't let this ruin your day when you know the facts already as keep repairing the thing will work out expensive plus it makes your life extra difficult.

Next I asked how my car is and I got 43 unchanging,

For a start, you are now filling the pockets of the car repair people by patching the thing up because by continuing in this way the car will always cost you again and again, as a fix is not a solution to something that has seen far better days.

Lastly I asked if anything was around the bend for tomorrow or Tuesday, since I thought I might get an answer that had to do with the car. I got 30.2>14.

Perhaps the thing will be ready to roll once again.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
What is wrong with my car? 17.3.4>63.

This answer suggests a few things, electrical problems, battery is dead, so could need a new one or it needs to be topped up and recharged? Or the carburetor is full of "stuff" and thus blocked?

deedeebird

Inactive
Reaction score
In general, you are right, the car has electrical issues, but in this case (per my mechanic) it has a cracked intake bell and a cracked something else, about 250 beans worth of work, all tolled.

Granted, I'm using a bandaid approach, but only because I'm trying to save a little so that I'm in a better financial spot when I go to buy something new. Literally, I'm buying myself some time...

Only one question regarding your reading--Was your interpretation of 43 based on A) years of experience reading the I Ching, B)your innate intuitive gifts or C)text I should have known about?

In a million years, I don't think I would have come up with the answer you did, so I'm just wondering what makes your own motor run, pun intended.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't know what an intake bell is as my knowledge of mechanics is very limited.

The answer to your question was a bit of all three, but anyway, look again at hex 43 and you will see at least part of the answer there.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).