Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
As promised in this thread, I have another girl on my mind I need to ask about now. A little background:
I went on a few dates with her in February/March. Things fizzled out, more on her part than mine. Over the next couple of months I kept thinking about her, and once in a while I would try to contact her only to be rebuffed in my attempts. I definitely felt there was potential and was starting to feel attached to her. I was (and still am) 100% sure she is attracted to me physically, even though we've only gone as far as kissing. She finally told me in May that she didn't see any long term compatibility between us and as far as timing goes, she was having fun being single. She definitely seems to like to go out a lot.
Anyhow, I really tried to let it go but I felt like I must have done something wrong and it was bothering me a lot. Was I too aggressive, pushing to be more physical to fast? In the last couple of months the feeling got stronger and stronger, and I started feeling worse and worse. I finally sent her a long email last month baring myself and telling her about some of my own issues which I feel might have contributed to my behaviour of treating women as objects.
I didn't expect her to respond but she did, and she was very nice about it. We met up for drinks and dinner a couple weeks later just to catch up as friends. I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything went very well -- it was very comfortable with no awkwardness at all. She even came back to my place to watch a bit of TV before I drove her home. I made it clear to her that I was looking for a relationship (not necessarily with her, but in general). I confirmed after this meeting that I was still attracted and drawn to her and it was not just because she didn't want to see me anymore. I'm really ready to have a relationship right now rather than just date around.
That weekend we met up at a club (I told her where I would be, and she dragged all of her friends there so that she could meet me there), and things escalated physically very quickly. We danced and kissed all night at the club. She asked me "I thought we were going to be friends?" and I replied "I want more than that".
I had one more date with her a week and a half ago, and again it went really well. Now she is being really wishy-washy about seeing me again when I approach her to make another date, similar to how she behaved back in March. I've tried contacting her twice already with either no response or something like "I don't know, I'm busy this week", and if I do again I'm afraid I'll come off even clingier than I have already. I think the ball is in her court now.
Right now I'm vacillating between trying to see this through (I know it's going to take her time to get out of wanting to be single), or moving on. So I've asked the I Ching the following questions:
a) General Diagnosis of the relationship between X and I
56.1>30
Do I belong here at all, should I still have hope that it will work out?
b) Qualification of my position within the relation
46.2>15
I believe this is just echoing my state of mind. I think I will have to work hard for her.
c) Qualification of X's position within the relation
43.5>34
I think she is still not sure about me. What will she decide?
d) What is the best path for me to take related to this relationship?
58.1.2.5>16
I'm not sure how to interpret this one.
Any insight into this would be extremely helpful.
I went on a few dates with her in February/March. Things fizzled out, more on her part than mine. Over the next couple of months I kept thinking about her, and once in a while I would try to contact her only to be rebuffed in my attempts. I definitely felt there was potential and was starting to feel attached to her. I was (and still am) 100% sure she is attracted to me physically, even though we've only gone as far as kissing. She finally told me in May that she didn't see any long term compatibility between us and as far as timing goes, she was having fun being single. She definitely seems to like to go out a lot.
Anyhow, I really tried to let it go but I felt like I must have done something wrong and it was bothering me a lot. Was I too aggressive, pushing to be more physical to fast? In the last couple of months the feeling got stronger and stronger, and I started feeling worse and worse. I finally sent her a long email last month baring myself and telling her about some of my own issues which I feel might have contributed to my behaviour of treating women as objects.
I didn't expect her to respond but she did, and she was very nice about it. We met up for drinks and dinner a couple weeks later just to catch up as friends. I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything went very well -- it was very comfortable with no awkwardness at all. She even came back to my place to watch a bit of TV before I drove her home. I made it clear to her that I was looking for a relationship (not necessarily with her, but in general). I confirmed after this meeting that I was still attracted and drawn to her and it was not just because she didn't want to see me anymore. I'm really ready to have a relationship right now rather than just date around.
That weekend we met up at a club (I told her where I would be, and she dragged all of her friends there so that she could meet me there), and things escalated physically very quickly. We danced and kissed all night at the club. She asked me "I thought we were going to be friends?" and I replied "I want more than that".
I had one more date with her a week and a half ago, and again it went really well. Now she is being really wishy-washy about seeing me again when I approach her to make another date, similar to how she behaved back in March. I've tried contacting her twice already with either no response or something like "I don't know, I'm busy this week", and if I do again I'm afraid I'll come off even clingier than I have already. I think the ball is in her court now.
Right now I'm vacillating between trying to see this through (I know it's going to take her time to get out of wanting to be single), or moving on. So I've asked the I Ching the following questions:
a) General Diagnosis of the relationship between X and I
56.1>30
Do I belong here at all, should I still have hope that it will work out?
b) Qualification of my position within the relation
46.2>15
I believe this is just echoing my state of mind. I think I will have to work hard for her.
c) Qualification of X's position within the relation
43.5>34
I think she is still not sure about me. What will she decide?
d) What is the best path for me to take related to this relationship?
58.1.2.5>16
I'm not sure how to interpret this one.
Any insight into this would be extremely helpful.
Last edited: