...life can be translucent

Menu

yearning for change 23>10

suzette

visitor
Reaction score
After a decade of living like a gypsy and travelling the world, I settled down with a husband, children and mortgage (in reverse order) After almost another decade of this oh-so stationary life, I'm feeling so restless, as if I've settled for something professionally and personally that is far less "alive" than anything I dreamed I'd settle for. For some time, I've been dreaming of taking my family on the road, but it feels like a need a level of means to make this happen than my currently cash strapped reality (and conservative husband) will allow. I really want to provide my children with a much more uniquely tailored education than my full time work will allow. Leaving my current job feels impractical and yet Ietting go of my inner vision feels like a sellout. In response to my question "what is guidance regarding having the freedom to teach my children through travel" I drew hex 23.1.2.4.5>10. I really have no clue what this could mean. Thanks for any and all input.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The advice is to put a stop to this idea for the foreseeable future because you are ill prepared to take on this project, plus you will find that no one will be willing to help you financially or even support you in this idea. There are far too many things to be taken into account and therefore if you try and persist in this you will end up with all kinds of nasty problems, so don't stubbornly try and push ahead with this, it is not the time.
But, oneday, yes you can take your children off on a trip, when they become of age to understand and thus not be a burden when you travel. Travel has become so tedious since the 7/11 thing, and costs have soared as well, so without plenty of money you are not going to get far, also children need to be older to really appreciate the world.

suzette

visitor
Reaction score
Just to be clear...your take that I'm ill prepared to take this on is based on the lines of the reading, and not on a subjective take that I may have come across as a bit too whimsical? I ask because in fact, I'm a trained teacher and have experience working in international schools, including one in Singapore, which allows for easy and cheap weekend travel to several countries. And if I pursued this route, my children would get a great education, so it's not like I'm going to be dragging them around from one hostel to the next. So objectively, it's not as far fetched as it might seem. The thing is, I'd have to do a year of courses because my certification has lapsed. In essence, I'm trying to figure out if I should start traveling down a different fork in the road. Thanks in advance.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
The first 3 lines are against it for a while at least and have nothing to do with you coming across as whimsical.

First get your certification up to date, then apply for a position, that will keep you busy for quite a while. So, "ill prepared" equates to the expiry of the certification and the need to apply for a post.

Yes, Singapore isn't too bad as a base.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
After a decade of living like a gypsy and travelling the world, I settled down with a husband, children and mortgage (in reverse order) After almost another decade of this oh-so stationary life, I'm feeling so restless, as if I've settled for something professionally and personally that is far less "alive" than anything I dreamed I'd settle for. For some time, I've been dreaming of taking my family on the road, but it feels like a need a level of means to make this happen than my currently cash strapped reality (and conservative husband) will allow. I really want to provide my children with a much more uniquely tailored education than my full time work will allow. Leaving my current job feels impractical and yet Ietting go of my inner vision feels like a sellout. In response to my question "what is guidance regarding having the freedom to teach my children through travel" I drew hex 23.1.2.4.5>10. I really have no clue what this could mean. Thanks for any and all input.

I see this as quite a warning actually that in going ahead with this idea you are in danger of losing all security and won't get it back that easy. To me the reading shouts 'for gods sake be careful and look where you're going (hex 10) cos you aren't exactly, in fact not at all, in a position to carry this out. Theres something about this idea that actually is impractical, its not just a feeling. At best I'd say this this advised extreme caution. Theres a tiger in 10 who'll bite you if you don't watch your step so what is it you have to be so careful about ? 23 the loss of your resting place...not such fun with children.
Also i think 23 advises one to look to that which supports one as theres danger of being rather cavalier about support that is there and hence risk losing it..

Anyway you say yourself you don't have the money and this answer doesn't exactly suggest that all will be just A okay whatever you do. I think alot of care is needed and theres certainly danger of biting off way more than you can chew (10) and finding yourself with nothing (23)

If you want to do this i think you'd have to rethink it much more carefully especially in considering what will support you. Right now you just woudln't have the means i don't think.

But you must have your own ideas about the reading ? To me it looks a spectacularly bad idea but it would be good to get your own take on it too.

Last edited:

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hi suzette
This may well be an echo of earlier posts......
23.1 - what you've got now isn't working for you.
23.2- It's very important to ask yourself why this is, why you want to walk this new path. First work to understand what is making you feel the way you do.
23.4 - The choices that you are considering are not necessarily the best for you and those around you. You are coming at your feelings from the wrong angle. Take a step back and have a really good look at what is really behind all your thoughts now.
23.5 - There is a lot of good to come out of your current situation, however going off in extreme tangents is not the best way to tackle this. Come at it a lot more gently.
10- This is a situation that could really come back and bite you if you are not careful. Look at your attitudes to the different aspects of your whole situation and talk with those around you to marry your needs with theirs.

Balancing wants and needs of different people with your own can be a very tricky situation to navigate through.

Best of luck
Mike

Last edited:

suzette

visitor
Reaction score
What a wake up call! There doesn't seem to be much ambiguity in the message here. Thanks to all that responded. I might have found it possible to refute one or two of you (I'm not a little bit stubborn), but the uniformity of the interpretations have led me to reflect and submit to the fact that there is wisdom in letting go of this particular fantasy...for a few years anyway.

Thanks again to all!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).