...life can be translucent

Menu

Martin

luz

visitor
Reaction score
In case you don't hear it from anybody else and because I know many of you appreciated him, I wanted to let you know that I heard today that Martin passed away this morning.
May he rest in peace.:hug: (he liked emoticons very much)

Last edited:

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
What????

This is a total shock.

Just stunned.

I am so very sorry to hear this.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno what to say. I've often wondered where he was.

He was such a lovely person. I'm so sorry he won't be here any more.

But I do know wherever he is he's fine.

Thanks for letting us know.

Feels like we need a tribute of some kind. He was a prescence here for some time and I think everyone liked him.

I'm truly sad about this. Didn't know I could be so sad about someone i never met.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Lets aim to collectively send one big love thought to Martin tonight

and to his family and those close to him of course

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am stunned also, utterly.

He has been on my mind so much lately. I missed him on the forum. and his lightedheartedness

so stunned. Lightangel, had he been very sick? I knew he had health problems, but I did not know it had reached this point. I hope he knew how we loved him here. any way to send condolences to the family that you know of??

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe what I'm reading... I really liked Martin a lot and will miss him dearly. I was wondering about his absence in the forum. So, so, sorry to hear of his passing. If you are in contact with his family, please give them our sympathy. :hug:

Last edited:
M

meng

He's been on my mind a lot lately too, but never expected this.

Thanks for letting us know, Angel. I hope you're ok. Comfort to Martin's friends and family.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Martin always had something genuine and encouraging to share.
I asked the I Ching for a comment and received 41. 2.4.5 Decrease changing to 3. Difficulty in the Beginning. I take this to mean we feel Decreased by the passing of such a kind spirit and he will not be easily replaced. I take comfort from line 41.5 > no doubt he is in a better place, ten pairs of tortoises cannot oppose it.
-rosada

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I always liked Martin a lot, with his sensitivity and humor. Really sorry to hear this.
Sending him a flower from my garden
Honeysuckle.jpg

I agree with Trojan, it is strange how much you can feel for people who are so far away. I think he shared a lot of his true feelings. That makes you know someone even when the words are just 'digital'.

:hug:

Last edited:

frank_r

visitor
Reaction score
Just yesterday I looked at his personal profile.
Didn't know he was that sick.

Yes, I will miss his humour and his knowledge.

I remember that he was one of the first who replied on my first post.

It is a great loss for this forum, but I keep him in my heart.

M

maremaria

He wanted to say goodbye to all of you, but things turned suddenly very bad.
I have contact with his son. Will let him know that some friends of his dad want to talk to him.

Martin was a good friend. Going to miss him.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh no. I am so sorry.

Please tell his son how sorry we are - and how much delight we took in knowing Martin.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
...and Rosada, thank you for the reading. Wonderful. Sounds as though Martin had spread out enough roots to start Sprouting for real.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
God speed and Bon Voyage Martin - great to have "known" you.

Topal

luz

visitor
Reaction score
I don't really know details very much but I am sure Maria will have more to share once she is able to. I only know some of his friends who were like a family to him and, from what I undestand, took care of him until the end. He was in the hospital and hospice for about two months and that was it. He never knew before that he was so ill.

I just wanted to say that, even though it's a strange feeling that you all share, it is very fitting that you would feel that way. I know for sure that he saw the very best in everyone of you and that he returned the warm feelings you all have. He was the least jaded person I ever met.

I like what Rosada said here and in the other thread. I hope he really is in a better place.

We can all honor him in our own way. Me, I wish I can pick some of that friendliness and that kindness, some of that lightness that he left behind and take it with me for the ride. I can only hope, I don't know if it's even possible to 'try'.

lindsay

visitor
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about Martin. I shall miss him very much. I tried to read every word he posted on the public forum over the years. His goodness shone clear and bright through it all. Martin truly had a beautiful mind and a noble heart. He was a junzi.

Lindsay

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Absolutely shone through what a good person he was just from knowing him from this forum.

I don't usually scroll down to the other sections on this forum, but today my google page wasn't loading and I was trying to find hexagram search when I saw the thread with Martin's name on it. So shocked and sad. Next I found the hexagram I was looking for and the very first thread on hexagram 63 titled " living in the present " with an interesting answer from Martin (although all his answers were very interesting)

What I hear in 63 is something like 'the key to the present is to end the past'.

For instance, suppose I visited a friend and I say 'goodbye, till next time', but 5 minutes later (or 20 minutes or 2 hours) I am still thinking about him and our time together.
I didn't really say goodbye, I didn't let it go. And because of that I'm not in the present, not fully awake to what happens now. I am in a kind of cloud.
If I want to be awake now, I have to end the past.

The future, what might or might not happen, this is also the past. We project past experiences on the future, fill it with old pain and happiness. We long for the happiness and want it again, the pain we fear and hope to avoid.
It's all past, all of it. If there were no memories the future would be an empty open space, the Unknown, Infinity. And that's what it is in fact.

So, if the past ends the future also ends. Or should we say that it doesn't start?
Of course there will still be a few plans and appointments, but that is no problem. A few objects in that infinite space don't hurt its openness.

Last edited:
M

maremaria

Martin had to give a fight with an uneven enemy. Only a miracle could turn things around. Seems that the enemy won, but I’m not sure about it. Seems that the miracle didn’t happened , but I’m not sure about it either. For what I’m sure, is that the enemy before his last shoot bow and pay his respects to Martin, acknowledging his courage, strength and nobility

He spend his last days at a warm hospice, in a nice , cosy room, as he described it . And the people there were caring and very nice to him. He was surrounded by good friends that either visit him or phone him. I can hear him saying joyfully “ I have good friends” He said” I don’t want people feel pity for me, because I don’t feel that way” and I could believe him because of the peace he vibrated .

I think that the enemy didn’t won and the miracle actually happened.

I gave the link of this thread to his son so your words could reach his family and friends .He asked me to tell you

Thanks for sharing the lovely words on the forum. Could you thank all people for their kindness and beautiful sayings about Martin!
…………………
Condolences to all his friends and good luck through these rough times.

M

maremaria

penguin.jpg

( martin knows what that photo means, wanted to post it in this tread)

M

meng

Around midnight yesterday, after reading the news about Martin, I threw coins with him weighing heavily on my mind and heart. Answer was 11. I thought, yeah, that's what Martin would say.

I have complete confidence that Martin navigates through that realm as well as anyone could. And that for us, he would want joy, and let the sorrow pass away. I asked Yi - 51.1-16.

Gonna miss ya, bud.

Bruce

M

meng

For a Dancer - Jackson Browne

Keep a fire burning in your eye
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down
I don't remember losing track of you
You were always dancing in and out of view
I must have thought you'd always be around
Always keeping things real by playing the clown
Now you're nowhere to be found

I don't know what happens when people die
Can't seem to grasp it as hard as I try
It's like a song I can hear playing right in my ear
That I can't sing
I can't help listening
And I can't help feeling stupid standing 'round
Crying as they ease you down
'Cause I know that you'd rather we were dancing
Dancing our sorrow away
(Right on dancing)
No matter what fate chooses to play
(There's nothing you can do about it anyway)

Just do the steps that you've been shown
By everyone you've ever known
Until the dance becomes your very own
No matter how close to yours
Another's steps have grown
In the end there is one dance you'll do alone

Keep a fire for the human race
Let your prayers go drifting into space
You never know what will be coming down
Perhaps a better world is drawing near
And just as easily it could all disappear
Along with whatever meaning you might have found
Don't let the uncertainty turn you around
(The world keeps turning around and around)
Go on and make a joyful sound

Into a dancer you have grown
From a seed somebody else has thrown
Go on ahead and throw some seeds of your own
And somewhere between the time you arrive
And the time you go
May lie a reason you were alive
But you'll never know

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
I am one of those members that, being rather new here, never had the chance to 'talk' a lot with Martin, but I always took to heart his posts . .
in a strange way this forum is doing way more than meets the eye, one of them is keeping the presence of people very much alive, beyond time frames . .
it's deeply sad that Martin won't write any new posts
but he is felt very much around, just beneath the surface of what we call Now . .

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I keep thinking it would be nice to have a photo of Martin somewhere in this thread. The one on his profile is really nice. Wondering if anyone could put it at the head of the thread..if they think it appropriate or possible.

Somehow feels like I want to set a little space aside for Martin here..and yet how can we, its a forum and this thread will get lost amongst the other threads and somehow i don't want it to.

Sort of just want something more to show the esteem we all held him in, so in future if other new people visit and they read his words, they will see he is no longer with us and that we honour him.

A sticky doesn't seem appropriate, yet watching this thread fall to page 100 doesn't feel so either. Its clear his passing is of great account to us all.

Just a thought

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Like all of you this has come as a great shock.

Martin was a great teacher and passionate advocate. I have missed his contributions, they always brought a wonderful perception to the thread.
God's speed Martin. It was a privilege to have you touch my life.

Mike

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I like Trojan's idea. I have felt as though I dont want to let him go. Perhaps this thread could be re-named In Memoriam. There is a line from one of his last posts that says something quite beautiful. maybe a picture with a quote of his would be nice.
I appreciate the readings people did. loved 41.5 for him especially. also appreciate Maria sharing some of his presence. It seemed Martin had been vibrating peace here for a long time, esp in his last posts. and It is a comfort to know he died in a space where he felt loved.
I am puzzled..though i guess not too important...i thought martin lived in netherlands. was he is greece when he died, Maria? ( no need to answer if you would rather not) I am quite happy that after one of the last webinars, a few of us stuck around and actually talked to each other. It was very nice to hear Martin's voice. Sending love to you, dear BUddy.

M

maremaria

Maybe you would like to know that his funeral will take place on Friday 25 Sept at 3:00 ( netherlands' time)

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting here thinking of Martin. Funeral is 'now', I wish you a safe journey.
DSC07983s.JPG

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If Staring at The Sun was about Martin, I really feel so upset.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).