...life can be translucent

Menu

2nd time I've used the I Ching...

toto

visitor
Reaction score
Hello forum, I'm new to using the I Ching. As a teenager in the 70's I read it and thought it was interesting, but have only used it twice. The first time was about a relationship, and I remember the phrase" bone gnawing bone ", sadly, appropriate as it turned out. Recently I was given a reading as a gift and found it to be so accurate in describing my life it was amazing!! ( In the past two years I have had my eldest son die at age 32, have ended a longsuffering marriage of 22 years, recognized that my youngest, very brilliant son has mental health problems, and most recently lost a job. Thank God for God, is all I can say). Losing the job seemed like the last straw and my solar plexus was in a wreck, though I acknowledge feeling oddly freed as it unfolded on a grey windy day, the Feast of Guardian Angels as it turned out! The friend who surprised me with the reading used yarrow sticks, and I asked a question really out of left field, considering, about a person whom I've been getting to know who confuses me, so I asked what my focus should be on this friendship (?platonic?). I received the 51.3 hex leading to 55. Reading the description I had to laugh, which is funny considering the laughter in the text. I could see how this hex shows my life and maybe the move into a field I enjoy more, but not really about this person who disappears and reappears and seems way too inconstant and unreliable for what I need in a partner. Since the reading in fact I've felt like my solar plexus is healing and I don't think about him very often anymore. Just wondering what you'd think of this. Could the hex be referring more to my job loss, or is it pretty reliable about answering what you wrote down, or could it be both. What can you tell me? I find the "not losing the sacrificial spoon" very interesting, being Catholic , and also since I have wondered how to handle all my feelings and keep within teachings I respect and love. The images in the I ching are very interesting to me. I love storms, and know that adrenaline rush feeling is telling me to pay attention, I've gotten the jokes God sends my way pretty regularly. More than anything I want to do the right thing, though I admit I want what I want when I want it , too, I am A DOG after all (1958) But I've had my butt kicked! God is really working on me!! Thanks for listening

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Perhaps it is time to realize that if you like the person in question then enjoy your actual time together, go out, have fun because it won't last. There's your focus, to have fun while the sun still shines, as evening is approaching.

toto

visitor
Reaction score
Very reasonable

Thank you Willowfox, That sounds just right! And I like that you kept in mind the focus part of my question. That helps me understand a bit more how this works.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).