...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 3 line 2 - potential reunion of the pair in line 2?

Reaction score
Dear All,

Does the pair in hex 3 line 2 actually reunite after ten years, when the suitor finds the right time to woo and the maiden finally gives in - or do these two simply move on and propose/give in - but to other people?

Can't figure this one out from the text, and, as my question is about the potential of a reunion with an ex-lover, this fine point is a crucial one.

BTW gotta LOVE the IC for giving a very in-deep answer that applies to the situation perfectly and yet still makes me resort to the help of the forum to figure out what the answer is!:rofl:

Thank you very much for your comments :bows:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It suggests this, that a guy shows up on your doorstep, but you are wary of him at first, then it becomes clear that he wants to be your friend(and more), but it advises you not to accept his offer as he is not the right man.
Then the line advises the need to wait for better days when you are freer to see with clarity who you are dealing with then you can "pledge" yourself but to the real man intended for you.

So, not a reunion but an entirely new guy and event.

troubadour

visitor
Reaction score
3.2: Difficulties pile up.
Horse and wagon part.
He is not a robber;
He wants to woo when the time comes.
The maiden is chaste,
She does not pledge herself.
Ten years-then she pledges herself.

Was willowfox correct here? Will the woman of 3.2 refuse a suitor and wait ten years nefore accepting the proposal of an entirely new suitor? It seems unfair to the suitor who is after all "not a robber" and who wants to woo not immediately but "when the time comes"!

troubadour

visitor
Reaction score
Synchronously, I cast a question about my own delayed courtship and the response was 38.1.2.4.6 to 2.

38.6 of course has that formulation : "He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time."

Proving the Yi has a sense of humour.

Proving it has something it is willing to tell me twice because it wants me to hear.

But what exactly?!

comrade

visitor
Reaction score
Was willowfox correct here?

Dear Liliana,

I am happy to report that it definitely meant "new suitor" in my case - as you can see from the thread, I did not like that interpretation much, but could not argue with it...

In hindsight: the person I had asked about was wrong for me, and I have waited for a long time, but now I have found true and lasting love ))

The I Ching works!!! I especially admire it for the ability to give us the right answer, regardless of what we would prefer to hear.

All my best wishes to you!

***Look at her profile for this answer from last year, 2011.

Willowfox was indeed right.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You need to start a new thread or it will get confusing. You have posted your query onto a thread several years old.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Does the pair in hex 3 line 2 actually reunite after ten years, when the suitor finds the right time to woo and the maiden finally gives in - or do these two simply move on and propose/give in - but to other people?

Hello hooliganetta, could you update the thread please? I would love to know how it played out for you eventually.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).