...life can be translucent

Menu

16:5 Is he romantically interested in me?

fatequeen

visitor
Reaction score
I recently met a guy quite a bit younger than myself. Sometimes I get the feeling he's interested and flirting with me, but I'm really not sure. I work with him in a musical situation.

I asked the Ching: "Is ____ romantically interested in me?" and got 16:5 - 45.

I also asked: "What is ____ feeling about me?" and got 12:6 - 45.

I also asked: "What does ___ want with me?" and got 40: 2, 4 - 2. Very strange because I asked it a few minutes ago and got the same exact response. I use an online Ching. Does anyone else here use this I-ching: http://facade.com/iching/? Now I'm wondering if it was just reverting back to my old response somehow. Is using an online Ching advised against? Almost every reading I've ever had through it has been dead on when I could interpret them.

I've been debating subtley expressing my feelings to this guy but I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Last edited:

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there
16.5 talks about obstruction or some kind of pressure, I am not sure if this is him the Yi maybe refering to him or the way you feel about the situation, I see 45 has popped up twice and in this context to me it usually means a friendship however sometimes a friendship can lead to more.
According to the reading I would suggest let things take their natural course for the moment and enjoy what you have.
12.6 talks about and obrstuction coming to an end and again you have 45

so again take your time and possibly the friendship could build but to me the Yi is saying friendship but i think a good one, for the time being.

Hope I helped
Steve

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I see 16.5 - 45 as emphasizing your mutual commitment to (16) making music and how this creates an opportunity for you to (45) gather together. Nothing about him having romantic feelings for you - however perhaps 16.5 is telling you that because you are members of this group you get to see each other regularly, which gives the friendship a chance to develop, whereas if you were to say anything about your Enthusiasm for him now it would be premature.

What does he feel about you? 12.6 - 45. First standstill, then good fortune. He was feeling kinda blah - is there such a thing as musician's block? - before joining this music group. The group has made him feel good again and he sees you as a key member of the group.

"What does he want with me?"

40.2. You sometimes have really clear honest communication.
40.4 And sometimes you just have flirty talk that doesn't mean anything.
2. But either way 2. The Receptive says to me he doesn't have any hidden agenda - doesn't "want" anything with you other than that you be yourself. Maybe he does find you to be Receptive to his ideas, his music, and that's a good thing.

All in all I don't see the I Ching as saying much more than he sees you as a valued member of the group. I do think it says he likes the fact that you like him, but I don't think you should make any declarations. Just keep showing up and being a part of the group!

Good luck!
rosada

Last edited:

fatequeen

visitor
Reaction score
Well I can't say I'm not bummed. I just asked: "Does ____ know I am interested in him romantically?"

I got 9:1 - 57. Jeesh. I hope it doesn't mean what I'm thinking it does. Any suggestions?

Also, I was dating an older guy at the time I met younger one -- well we were on the verge of breaking up. Older guy showed up one night at one of our music events (the younger one had just just recently joined our group). It was very stressful for me because I didn't want either one to pick up on anything with the other. Younger one seemed a little weird upon seeing me with the older guy. I wasn't affectionate at all with the older guy, but he still may have figured we were dating. Younger guy took off right after the show and barely said "bye" to anyone. Also, younger guy's mother appeared to be giving him a pep talk about something during a break that night and he crossed the street rather than walk by me and older guy later. Younger guy's mom and dad really like me and talk to me a lot. I am 40, but people usually think I'm about 30. Younger guy is around 26.. older guy is 56.

Older guy and I are split up now (found out he was talking, if not still seeing his ex). Younger guy skipped out on a gig we had about a week ago I heard so he could go to a party, but I wondered if it had anything to do with older guy. The gig before that, younger guy followed me around a lot and asked me all kinds of personal questions. He also is always quick to agree with me on musical suggestions and laughs really hard at some of the things I say and one night kiddingly punched me in the arm (I thought that was pretty flirty but maybe I'm nuts).

Anyway, I emailed younger guy a few days ago asking if everything was alright and if we did anything to scare him away (in sort of a kidding way). He wrote back that he really likes playing with the group and thinks I am a great musician and he has just been involved in some sporting events and hopefully can resume with us soon So I guess he kind of lied since the guy who heads our group had told me he wanted the night off to go to a party.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).