...life can be translucent

Menu

I hate it when things become more complicated...

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
I've been slowly pursuing a relationship with girl A. Not really sure how things are going at this point as she is very private and reserved, but I'm fine with that. It's forcing me to slow down and take my time which I really, really like. Well, recently an old flame has been contacting me. We dated several years ago and got along great. She honestly reminds me of the girl I'm presently trying to move things forward with. I have no intention of giving up on "A", as I really do like this girl.. even if I think she might be out of my league. But, the old flame, I'll call "B", did spark my curiosity enough to ask a couple of questions.

Should I pursue a relationship with "B"? 28.5.6 > 50

Should I pursue a relationship with "A"? 16.3.5 > 31

For "B" the image of an old poplar sprouting flowers is fitting as this is an old relationship. But Wilhelm says basically that even though it's successful, everything remains barren and the net result is only the anomaly of the situation. It's also reversed because I'm actually older than she is. Line 6 is an enigma to me because I fail to see how getting in over my head could be beneficial... unless it's pointing out that by getting in over my head I'll realize to see the error of my ways and will learn from it, i.e. don't do it again. How these lines relate to Hex. 50 is also puzzling because 50 seems so pleasant...

As for "B"... Line 3 is me. I am hesitating and it says not to, but it is out of necessity that I do so. It could also be saying not to doubt my feelings because I really do like her. I think I can relate line 5 to the fact that I am being forced to move slow and that this actually bodes well. It will keep me from trying to push forward too fast. And Hex. 31 "To take a maiden to wife brings good fortune" ... I hope I can take this literally lol.

How am I doing? Am I close with these interpretations?

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
To me you are. I would only add that it doesn't say 28.6 is beneficial -- in fact, it's a "pitfall." But at the same time, it is not a mistake. And that 50, while intense and transformative, is not always especially pleasant.

31 does sound like what you describe in your situation with A, where you are having to adjust your desires and pace to hers. That would be the good or more positive side of 16.3, maybe? (that is, be careful your 31-ing does not turn into 16.3-ing? I wonder if your "she might be out of my league" feeling is a bit 16.3?)

It is a very interesting reading!

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
For 28.6 I think beneficial was a bad choice of words. I see the line as a "learning the hard way" type of situation. It reminds me of the situation my step sister is in. She keeps making mistakes and my dad keeps trying to help her, but his wors just go in one ear and out the other. So she finally hit a point where he is done trying to help. He's leaving her to figure it out on her own. It's a pitfall for her, but the hope is that by getting in over her head she will learn something from it. Maybe it's like tough love? And I think you might be right about 16.3 hilighting my mentality that "A" is out of my league. Since the line is about looking up to someone as a superior and that hesitating too long brngs remorse. So I shouldn't think that I'm out of her league, but do adjust myself to her pace and take action when the time is right. Because as line 5 says, being forced to move slow actually bodes well.

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
Great... Just found out about 10 minutes ago that person "A" is currently seeing someone long distance... I wonder if that changes my reading? I didn't know about this at the time and just found out through a mutual co-worker... hmmm...

gato

visitor
Reaction score
Great... Just found out about 10 minutes ago that person "A" is currently seeing someone long distance... I wonder if that changes my reading? I didn't know about this at the time and just found out through a mutual co-worker... hmmm...

16.3 - wait for the right moment to act

Enthusiasm that looks upward creates remorse.
Hesitation brings remorse.

don't be too enthusiast but don't hesitate to act at the right time. ( THE RIGHT TIME not YOUR time )

16.5 Here enthusiasm is obstructed. A man is under constant pressure, which prevents him from breathing freely. However, this pressure has its advantage--it prevents him from consuming his powers in empty enthusiasm. Thus constant pressure can actually serve to keep one alive.

i think 16.5 is describing the present situation very accurate

and remember your words
I have no intention of giving up on "A", as I really do like this girl..

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).