...life can be translucent

Menu

no reason to live

G

goddessliss

Hi,
After a life of very little joy I have now found I just don't want to be on this earth anymore.
I don't feel depressed particularly but just have not interest in living.
As I have always appeared to have an optimistic nature but I am really struggling at the moment to have any zest for life.
I have my work which I love, I am studying which is very interesting but other than that there seems to be little that interests me.
As I said life has been very 'bloody' and I just feel over it.
I asked What do I need to know about my life right now
I rec'd
Hex 31.1.34>3

I wld appreciate your insight.

Melissa

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
i think you're reading says 'no reason to panic' . .
there are new things coming your way but you reject them because you get over-influenced and fall into knee-jerk reactions; then you fail to see them and you end up locked in with your thoughts which don't seem to be your best friend now
no reason to make your life harder than it is or lock yourself in the old patterns of your life . . take a step away from what was and let new currents show you how you can grow healthy again . .

best

chacha1

visitor
Reaction score
Hopeful...

Your post caught my attention, and even though I can't research the hexagrams right now, I can say just a little something from my life experience. Life is extremely unpredictable, and just when you think you've seen it all, you'll find new things to discover. I love the ocean. It seems so still on the surface, but it's teeming with life on the inside. Regular everyday life can start to become mundane, but, if maybe you could find pleasure in the natural things of life- it may spark excitement about living.

M

meng

Hi,
After a life of very little joy I have now found I just don't want to be on this earth anymore.
As I have always appeared to have an optimistic nature but I am really struggling at the moment to have any zest for life.
I have my work which I love, I am studying which is very interesting but other than that there seems to be little that interests me.
I rec'd
Hex 31.1.34>3

Melissa

31 is the reason to live. When you are actively engaged with it, it is wonderful, given all the sensation and reason in the world to live. Not living would be a great loss. So we have to stay engaged in the world to stoke the desire to live. Not to be alive and breathing, but to be experiencing life. When that is gone, it's very hard to find reasons to live.

Not sure how your reading went, but if you received line 31.1, I have a personally humorous association with that line, representing a boot in the ass, or wherever else it lands. Influence is in the big toe.. I dunno, I think it's funny. At any rate, nothing is being done about what could be done, so it's all mute anyway, unless it moves off that stump of procrastination of what could be.

The real problem with bailing from this scene because we're dissatisfied or bored with it, is that there's no guarantee that anything will cease being, which is sorta the point of whackin' yourself. Things may go on the same way, only without you having anything solid to say or do about it. Then you wish you had a body so you could step in and say or do something. And since that's where you already are right now, why not live to say it and do it while we can?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I rec'd
Hex 31.1.34>3

Melissa

May i ask is this related to your ex husband ? its just many of your previous threads were about him and you were getting on with life, keeping busy and so on and I'm wondering if he has destabilised you. No need to answer my question but if the despair is around him i just wanted to say...you did it before you can do it again, have faith in yourself, i think you will come through this because you already had come through a very tough time without him !

BTW thats not meant to be a 'pull yourself together' message thats just me saying I think this downtime will be temporary...not becasue I'm psychic or anything but because previously you seemed to show alot of strength for you and your son and now maybe you are just worn out...and who can blame you....but you will fight another day ! Maybe you are just emotionally drained and so feel no point to anything...but it will surely pass. If there were a female warrior icon i would post it ! :D

BTW I don't understand how you wrote the answer "31.1.34>3" do you mean 31 line 1 changing...but that doesn't lead to 34 and how does that get to hex 3 :confused:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The real problem with bailing from this scene because we're dissatisfied or bored with it, is that there's no guarantee that anything will cease being, which is sorta the point of whackin' yourself. Things may go on the same way, only without you having anything solid to say or do about it. Then you wish you had a body so you could step in and say or do something. And since that's where you already are right now, why not live to say it and do it while we can?

Yes that thought often crosses my mind when I'm wondering if i can really be bothered hauling this carcass around for the next xx years ( in darker moments) I think what if i just end up with no body and the same mind :eek: Imagine having exactly the same mind, alive and kicking and no body ! Infuriating ! :rofl:

may as well see the story out eh

G

goddessliss

HI thks for your words Trojan and Meng

It shld read 31.1.3.4>3

apologies!

Trojan not sure whether it is to do with my ex-husband but I guess it may be because he is never far from my mind.
I had a period where I thought I had it all and things were going along great and then bam I get hit in the 'head' again so now I am just so worn out and feel I have nothing or noone wld be a better word. It seems everyone can get on with there lives with not too much happenings to them but as soon as I do I get hit.
The last week I have just been abused and blamed by whoever feels like it, even by a stranger when I was just walking down the street.
I am just so over it.
but thanks for replying all the same.
Melissa

M

magg

this too shall pass

Focus on spiritual strength, direction and guidance. Don't think too much when tired. Cultivate optimism. Do something that makes you feel happy. Be kind to yourself. Do not dwell on difficulty, but rather change the subject. Stay present.
Love yourself.

G

goddessliss

Thanks Magg

am feeling more optimistic today just talking about it and getting the feedback at the moment helps alot.

Blessings
Melissa

gene

visitor
Reaction score
liss

I am a little disturbed upon reading this, because it puts at least me in a state of mind as to, "what to do?" What you are describing here is something that many could consider a very serious matter, and goes beyond the scope of this board, at least in my opinion. I have no use for "trained counsellors," do not believe they have anything real to offer, but at the same time, know that that is what society requires in cases like this, and we are not that. At least not most of us.

That being said, my heart sincerely goes out to you, and I am not totally unfamiliar with the state of mind you are in. I do think that a simple reading of the I Ching is not adequate. I will say this, that the meaning of the I Ching is "change" and it is best to bear in mind that everything changes. As the saying goes, "this too shall pass." It is all a matter of perspective, and when we take on a certain perspective, we have an emotional hold on that perspective, and truly do not want to change it. But when we realize that our emotional state does not serve us well, we can change it. It is hard to do, I know, but we can change it. I hope that you will take your mental state in hand, and realize there is a lot of life to live, and we need to live it. When we get involved with things, even if they are meaningless at first, in time they will take on a life of their own, and our mental state will change in accordance.

Hang in there.
Gene

G

goddessliss

Thankyou gene

If I can get a bit of an understanding of what is going on thro the IChing that helps a lot and I try to use it as a pivotal point, suggestive rather than the be all and end all answer.
Since posting my original question and receiving some wonderful feedback I have put things in motion to get out of this mental and emotional state, not fast enough for my liking but it's a start.
However, reading your insight today has helped me a lot as it seems 2 steps forward 1 step back and I have to remember not to go over and over things in my mind so as to make a big issue in itself rather than part of the bigger picture and my 'healing' process.
So thankyou gene and if anyone wants to put up daily reminders and inspirations for me it wld be much appreciated.

Blessings,
Melissa

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Melissa, I have heard many good things about the movie which is out now (in theatres, maybe already DVD) called A Single Man..........about a man who loses his partner to death and feels like life is meaningless, considers ending it. It is said to be a beautiful, how he discovers life anew....I cant wait to rent it

I know for myself that at those times when I have felt like ending it all, somehow the starkness of the moment brings a simplicity.....for instance, I can remember thinking "well, as long as I might kill myself, i may as well.....

get up before dawn and see the sunrise one last time,

and then go have one last vanilla malted;);

and then go take one last hike through the woods;

or go visit all the people I care about one last time;
read one more book;
stay up all night and watch the stars.....and, and and...........

well, you get the point! before long, the love of little simple things -that are part of life but that we take for granted- takes over, and life is seen through new eyes. sometimes pain and stagnation are a gift. If you just wait, in stillness, without judging, without thinking too much, the bigger picture always opens up.

:hug:

the bigger picture is always more magnificent - and more simple- than we remember when we are sad.

G

goddessliss

Thks bamboo this helps me so much.

I had two lovely things happen today so things seem to be looking up.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).