...life can be translucent

Menu

Meeting people

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am writing this thread to figure out the nature of peoples intentions for being on this site. I want to say first that I enjoy being on here and learning new ways of looking at the I Ching. I am farely new at it, and for that, I am impressionable too.

But off of this website, things are different. I find myself seeking out others of like mind, and not getting very far. I honestly and completely love to learn new things. Not just knew subjects, but also things about myself in an introspective sort of way. I have an extreme need for that learning in my life. I believe I always will. Althought I can see beauty in all people, most people are not like that, in that they do not care to search beyond and investigate life. I Ching is just one of many of these avenue's to explore and grow from.

I guess what I am saying is: The reason I joined this site, and even seeked it out, was to find other people that were seeking. And to talk with them about the same subjects that I find myself pondering. There is definitely fulfillment in this. And of course the knowledge and perspectives that are shared on this site are priceless. I do consider though, all experiences to be enightening if viewed in the right light.

I am possibly just bummed out about my current situation. Where I live, people seem to be very open-minded. In Akron, especially where I live, thrives with young, new, alternative thinking people. But even then, I don't find people striving toward betterment. I never force acknowledgement of a subject. But I often times get inwardly frustrated. In some ways I shouldn't, because I am happy to have the experience and relationship that I have with my spiritual side, BUT I would love to share that and grow with other people.

And this is where my initial reason for posting comes in. I in some ways want to meet people from here on this site. And I am wondering if other people feel the same way. I am actually just as curious to know the answer, to actually wanting to meet people.

So I guess I am just saying, did you have the same feelings when you joined this site? To meet people and perhaps "meet" up with people on this site? If so, do you still? Things like that. Because I know it is a noble thing to come on here detached, and help people out without expecting anything more than just what it is. I know the beauty in the internet for it's knowledge sharing qualities.

I am curious, and also possibly a little hungry for deep companionship. Please excuse.

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
I guess what I am saying is: The reason I joined this site, and even seeked it out, was to find other people that were seeking.

I in some ways want to meet people from here on this site. And I am wondering if other people feel the same way.

dear AQ, you are so welcome to me!:)
that's also why i'm spending so much time here in open space...

what's more, since one or two months i'm dreaming about opening a new thread here so to know and see if it would be welcome (or if it is already on) any meeting, putting together users from on line Clarity.
actually, i would not know where to set this meeting, but...
who knows?:)

ciao!:hug:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Well... for me this forum has meant 'meeting' (mostly in virtual space) and befriending many extraordinary people, companions along the way and teachers. I can't even remember my intention in creating it... I certainly never imagined what it's become.

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am writing this thread to figure out the nature of peoples intentions for being on this site. I want to say first that I enjoy being on here and learning new ways of looking at the I Ching. I am farely new at it, and for that, I am impressionable too. ...
Hi, AQ:

You're young, you're. Don't trust all the things that people could write here, even myself. Some are only jokes, some not. Only take what is good for your heart and discard the other.

If you will go to cast for others, the responsibility will be always yours, never of the Changes. Then speak always with your heart, get involved, and all will be for good.

Believe it or not.

All the best,

Charly

P.D.:

Sometimes I distrust even of my own intentions.

I've enjoyed too much reading this forum from long ago. One day I begin to post. To write about the Changes is like to carry a spoon of water to the sea. I write because I have to do it.

Ch.

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
dear charli,
it can be that 3 or 4 of us could feel about meeting during, for instance, summertime...
of course AQ and me are not claiming about putting together hundreds of people....but...who knows? along the Yellow River perhaps one day?!
ooohh, how much i love this dream!!?!
255.gif

charly

visitor
Reaction score
dear charli,
it can be that 3 or 4 of us could feel about meeting during, for instance, summertime...
of course AQ and me are not claiming about putting together hundreds of people....but...who knows? along the Yellow River perhaps one day?!
ooohh, how much i love this dream!!?!
255.gif
Dear Little-Cloud:

No hundreds of course, but a nice dream. Let me know.

Do you know that I did think to translate the word LIN, humiliation for Wilhelms/Baynes, distress for another translators, stingy for the dictionary as «PORCA MISERIA!» ?

Yours,

Charly

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
you know, charly, i'm very fond of a movie which is "V for Vendetta". first time i saw it i put subs in italian; when the policeman runs by car to try to catch Evey, he shouts "jesus christ!", and the subs in italian say: "porca miseria!":rolleyes:

gene, have you read this?:rofl:

:bows:

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Answeredquestions - I live in Kent, Ohio. Small world! How nice! Email me, I can give you my phone number and we can meet up some time.
Shobhana

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
yes, it would be perfect managing to have one meeting in US and one in EU (for instance n my place in tuscany).
i exclude to buy a plane ticket to US.

i can't even say let's meet half way: i'm too scared of fishes..:D

M

meng

There was a chat function here once, nothing much happened with it. Maybe now it would be used more? There's some new chatty people :rofl::bag:

Reaction score
Thanks for responding.

Neegula- I don't know when, but I am planning to go to Europe in the next couple of years. I had a trip to Brussell's planned out and it got canelled because of the other person not having enough money. I am scared of sharks but would cross the great water anyways. And Neegula! V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies of all times. There is so much symbolism and subject matter that is packed in that movie. Gives me chills. "There are no coincidences, Neegula. only the illusion of coincidence".

Hilary- Thanks for making this site. This IS a really good way to come together and find people of like interests and a place to "meet" people. Just in a different way than physically.

Charly- Your advice is ... well... interesting. Parts of what you said I believe to be lost in translation. I am soaking it in. I feel LIN about the whole thing. :cool: :bag:

Mythili- Kent Ohio! That is close. I would love to meet up and talk. I will be sending you a message.

Meng- Mojave Desert is not too far from my friend who lives in Las Vegas. There was a chat on here before?

charly

visitor
Reaction score
Charly- Your advice is ... well... interesting. Parts of what you said I believe to be lost in translation. I am soaking it in. I feel LIN about the whole thing. :cool: :bag:
Hi, AQ:

Don't worry, sometimes I give advice even when I was not asked for. But what do you think lost in translation? Let me know if you feel LIN for something that I've said. :confused:

All the best,

Charly

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
There was a chat function here once, nothing much happened with it. Maybe now it would be used more? There's some new chatty people :rofl::bag:
Maybe... but I'd worry about the server load, and the chance of web host spitting nails and shutting things down without notice, as they do. I'll look into it some time, though.

Reaction score
Charly I was just trying to be sort of funny but I didn't do it right. Sorry :) Thanks for the advice.

Hilary I have AIM. Some people could just start sharing their AIM names so spare the server. I remember when I first signed on to this site.. not too long ago.. and there were probs with bandwith. (I don't know a lot about computers)

Reaction score
Oh yeah. ... I just updated mine. Now I just have to remember to use AIM. I haven't been on there in years. I am theultravi0let (the 0 is a zero) Very old name. :)

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I vote for a get-together in Tuscany!! If you build the pagoda, the I chingers will come.
(Italy is a place I long to visit)

C

cjgait

I vote for meeting in Italy, but in the meantime...

I have a meeting place available 24/7 in Second Life. There is a Temple with an oracle cave containing a Second Life version of the Yi Jing, a classroom with Chinese graphics and the Zhouyi in traditional characters, and a place to just hang out and drink virtual tea. Just log in to Second Life and look for the Temple of the Singularity. It's in Amatsu Shima, an island belonging to a friend of mine. I'm starting a discussion series there in voice chat on April 10th. We will be going through the Great Treatise, using a text by Jin Jing Fang as a reference, but also meandering through philosophy, history and religion as they relate to the text of the Yi. I will be announcing scheduling and details on the discussion group in both the Yi Jing Studies group that I run there as well as the Amatsu Shima group. Right now the schedule is set for 10 AM Eastern on Saturdays.

Regards,
Chris

Reaction score
hmm.... Tuscany? :rolleyes:
It would be possible to take a visit. Would have to be well planned.

I have only seem the movie V is for Vendetta. I have heard and seen on the extra's on the DVD about the comic. I give the person who did the comics much credit for the creative ideas he sparked.

M

maremaria

let's talk about this:) ...

Waiting for the details.....:)
Tuscany is a place i want to visit. I met someone the other day that he has traveled more than once to florence and Tuscany. ( he is addicted... lol ).

M

maremaria

This IS a really good way to come together and find people of like interests and a place to "meet" people. Just in a different way than physically.

From my own experience I see the "Virtual " as a adjective that it just describes the place those meeting take place. I consider my self very lucky for meeting some "virtual friends" that have been for me precious. Some of them have literally change my life or better they have been a good companion while i was trying to make some changes.

AQ, to answer your questions, I joined here without having a specific goal but looking back, I think its safe to say that there was a reason I came here , just I didn't knew it then.

Maria

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
Waiting for the details.....:)
Tuscany is a place i want to visit. I met someone the other day that he has traveled more than once to florence and Tuscany. ( he is addicted... lol ).

yes, first of all i was thinking about the period:
last week of june?
3rd week of july?
these could be two good periods for me. which one would be ok for a meeting?!
july is warmer, good also for river side, but june is less heated and you can nicely walks in archeological sites. what to do?!!
ok for me both if your trip were from week-day or from publ.holydays.

i'll write to you in private. and to AD, of course, and if anyone would like to join, let me know in private; maybe bamboo was interested even if without pagoda? :D
maybe i send few links for letting know the area in which the house we could live in (without paying, i mean) stands.

i saw now, cjgait, that your post was entitled about voting italy!
...ehm...glad to meet you here on Clarity; i can't remember i read or posted directly to you before today, am i wrong?

C

cjgait

Italy

I don't post often, but I've been around the boards for a while. Any excuse to go to Italy would be good. Wish I had the time and money to do so. I've visited a few times, but always on business (Sardinia, Sicily, Naples, mainly). Never really had any time to explore.

i saw now, cjgait, that your post was entitled about voting italy!
...ehm...glad to meet you here on Clarity; i can't remember i read or posted directly to you before today, am i wrong?

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
I don't post often, but I've been around the boards for a while. Any excuse to go to Italy would be good. Wish I had the time and money to do so.

chris, i feel in writing you now:
i guess i'm interpreting every other lady's thought in here who is interested in our meeting, considering that coming to a meeting of this kind involves that a soul has having a connection on Clarity directly so that the users, reading and posting, may have a sort of mutual connection and partecipation. the meeting is thought for different reasons than a good excuse for a holyday visiting a country, which is indeed a beautiful occasion to explore and love existence.

I honestly and completely love to learn new things. Not just knew subjects, but also things about myself in an introspective sort of way. I have an extreme need for that learning in my life.

The reason I joined this site, and even seeked it out, was to find other people that were seeking. And to talk with them about the same subjects that I find myself pondering. There is definitely fulfillment in this.

I would love to share that and grow with other people.

I am curious, and also possibly a little hungry for deep companionship.

...above all, where knowing doesn't stand for storing informations.
you are welcome to open space every day so to reach first through onlineClarity the group that thinks about having a non-virtual gathering. :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).