...life can be translucent

Menu

Can I use the I ching to talk to angels

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
I am wanting to be more intuitive. I have enjoyed the I ching for years and have learned a lot. I am wondering if I can use them to converse with angels?

I feel that because of my sister being a famous psychic, I have pushed my abilities aside choosing to focus on a very logical analytical career in computers.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't, but what procedure do you plan to follow? Will you ask questions and cast coins? Or use hexagram cards? Or wait for an event to suggest a hexagram? Or some other way?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to be more intuitive. I have enjoyed the I ching for years and have learned a lot. I am wondering if I can use them to converse with angels?

I feel that because of my sister being a famous psychic, I have pushed my abilities aside choosing to focus on a very logical analytical career in computers.

I reckon it would be more effective to talk to them direct.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe rather than 'using the I Ching to...' you could ask for guidance on what a reading is saying? Start by listening for that?

One of the things I like about Yi: you can be logical, push abilities/sensitivities aside, and it opens the back door for them to sneak in anyway. It might be a small step to open the front door too.

sunnygirl

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I will just try some different things and see what happens.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
One time someone in spirit, whether angel or not I don't know, put their hand on mine as I began to shake the coins...I immmediately understood from the sense of the touch it was a kind gesture saying 'put it down' . The question was about something very upsetting for me and I wished it wasn't true so I was asking Yi as a self comfort gesture I think....and the touch told me both that there was no need to ask, that what I feared was true and was comforting at the same time as a touch might be felt when you try to distract someone in grief from taking automatic or detrimental actions. Thats happened a few times in different way, but that was the most forceful experience.

Other times I heard an inner voice as I was asking rendering the cast irrelevant but carried on anyway and the cast supported what I'd heard. Theres often definately spirit about when we cast I think....especially if the question is of great concern,,,,they kind of interrupt, it almost feels like your mind is being read and you are accompanied.

Good idea to ask angels/spirit for guidance about what your cast meant though. I never thought of that.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think I will just try some different things and see what happens.

In terms of angels, not that I can speak for them, you know as I'm not one just yet, I really don't think any special technique or expertise is required. You only have to ask and see what comes......its that simple.

LOL I'm imagining an angel sitting there saying to another angel "you know Sunnygirl is a nice girl but she really isn't doing contacting us right !"

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I think it gets overcomplicated unnecessarily just as much as connecting with people is often made out to be harder than it really is

cyberlight369

visitor
Reaction score
Talking to Angel's

Can you talk to angels via I Ching? I think it is possible, but it depends upon your attitude, desire and intuition.

At one time the I Ching was held in great reverence. It was wrapped in red silk cloth and placed on a shelf above one's head. When desiring to use it, the user approached the shelf and bowed to indicate his reverence. This was told to me by a man at the Taoist Institute in a community north of Los Angeles, California, USA. And what about today's attitude regarding the I Ching? I don't know. Ask Hilary.

If one wants something with an intense desire, there is a great probability, by hook or by crook, he will get it. One will get what one wants. Ask Arabella. Aristotle Onassis once shared his formula for becoming a millionaire. He stated openly, "You have to think money day and night. You have to dream about money in your sleep as I do."

It is possible that the angels already have communicated with you - - by intuition - -otherwise you wouldn't be thinking about talking with them - - by intuition. Imagine this: if we were at a party and I strolled over to you and began a conversation, it means I want to talk with you. So you consider it. Otherwise you wouldn't be thinking about it.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
This was told to me by a man at the Taoist Institute in a community north of Los Angeles, California, USA.

Hey, cyberlight, is this the place:

http://taoistinstitute.com/

Does it have any connect to the guy who play the villain in the The Manchurian Candidate? Drat, I can't think of his name. Actually he was ethnic Lebanese, I think, but was well-cast for the part and was an advocate for Daoism in his time.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Ah yes! Now I've found it. Khigh Dhiegh (Kenneth Dickerson:1910–1991) was the author of The Eleventh Wing, my copy of which I gave to Mary Halpin who revered him, and as she is now deceased, Lord knows where it is. Dhiegh founded the Taoist Sanctuary in North Hollywood, California, now the Taoist Institute, as of 2003, so -- so to speak -- we have a connection. I would dearly love to know of your experiences at the Taoist Institute.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Ok - hi everyone. I know a lot of people that have had people walk up to them on the street and say something that was impossible for them to know. The invisible world influences the visible all the time. And not always in a good way.
The central question is, why would one want to speak with Angels? Looking for a thrill ride, a blockbuster movie? To control the universe, know the future? To find the truth, come closer to your own divinity? To learn how to be a more loving person? To find your personal mission in life? Motivation at the beginning is very important, 1 degree off at the beginning is many degrees off at the end.
When I set foot on my path, a friend appeared who guided me. First off he taught me, the world of spirit has many tricksters, so one should not use Ouiji boards, anyone could be talking to you. Second he recommended the iChing as a method of divination and guidance specifically because the agencies that control it are all benign, as opposed to Tarot. In Ceremonial Magick the Major Arcane Tarot Cards are used as doorways to specific Angelic Beings and Powers, some good and some evil. The course of such Ceremonial Magick is the binding of these powers to your personal service - anyway the point is not all these spiritual agencies have your best interests at heart, and you can get hurt. And so some Tarot - not all but some - Tarot cards have Demons right behind them.
Third, if you seek to commune with higher spirits - shoot higher than the Angels. Angels are originally not superior to man, they are originally servants of man. Your Ancestors are often around too, and Uncle Ralph may love you but could have some problems to share with you as well. One should seek wisdom and guidance from a Master, Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Krishna, someone who is the embodiment of light. I spent a year trying to get Jesus to appear to me when I was a young man, broke up with my girl, gave up drugs, shaved my head, became a vegetarian, meditated in White Light 3x a day, hiked the hills. And a lot happened.
But even if you sang with Angels and other people heard it. Even if you saw Halos of light around people. Even if in the high mountains a voice spoke to you in prayer. We are going to live in the next world for a very long time, but the amount of time we have in this one, with a physical body to assist us in self creation is very very short. Spiritual experiences are in the end, like a finger pointing at the moon. They show you the direction to go in, but they aren't the point of life on earth. We are here to create ourselves, with help of course, and so to manifest and inherit the true love of God. Of course harmony between our spirit and body is important to our growth as divine beings, intuition is a high gift - but loving people selflessly is higher. And you don't need to hear the White Wings and the Cosmic Om, or hear the Saints sing the hymns of Appalachia with you to do that.
All you need is love, really.
Sorry for the long post.

-LL

Last edited:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
If my post seemed a bit absolute in the way I put things, it was for brevity's sake. If I had to put in qualifiers it would have been twice as long. I do respect that many of you may have quite different views.

BTW, Breath Yoga - Pranayama, or some Chinese Yoga - that and vegetarianism are what will open one's spiritual senses in the most healthy way. Some spiritual practitioners try to force kundalini up into the head to open one's ability to "see". I was taught such practices damaging.

- LL

Last edited:

cyberlight369

visitor
Reaction score
Can I use the I Ching to talk to angels

Ah yes! Now I've found it. Khigh Dhiegh (Kenneth Dickerson:1910–1991) was the author of The Eleventh Wing, my copy of which I gave to Mary Halpin who revered him,

Yes,pocossin, you are right. Khigh Dhiegh was the man who told me about the red silk cloth and the one who was the villain in "The Manchurian Candidate". I met him for a weekend, several hours Saturday and Sunday, for an introduction to the I Ching. There were four other people there. It was an interesting course but he did not show much reverence for the I Ching. Later on, he was the star in a short lived series on TV, whose name I have forgotten. But he played an Oriental detective who often quoted from the I Ching such as: "There is no blame.". He was a bit upset when David Caradine was chosen to play the lead in: "Kung Fu". He thought it should have been an Oriental actor.

Unfortunately, that one weekend class was about all that I experienced at the Institute. I always meant to take their class in Tai Chi. If I had known the meaning of Tai Chi, I would have made a more strenuous effort to take the class. May I ask how is it that you know about Khigh and the Institute?

I ordered a copy of the 11th Wing, but I had moved around so much in my early days that I never received the book.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
May I ask how is it that you know about Khigh and the Institute?

The Eleventh Wing was a mass market paperback and widely distributed. I found a copy locally (NC) probably the year it was published, 1974. The Institute was mentioned in the book. The Eleventh Wing -- as I vaguely remember -- had a bibliography and pictures of Dhiegh's inventions for representing hexagrams. I also had a chance to study his use of hexagrams in his "I ching: Taoist book of days : calendar-diary" books. I think these hexagram calendar-diaries were an inspiration to many. The books were based on the hexagram calendar -- the same hexagram calendar given by Blofeld and in the Tai Xuan Jing.

Besides his acting endeavors, Dhiegh was active in Taoist philosophy, writing a number of books on the subject, including The Eleventh Wing (ISBN 0-385-28371-7). He founded the Taoist Sanctuary (now the Taoist Institute) in Hollywood, California. Dhiegh also had a doctorate in theology and in his later years was the rector for a Taoist sanctuary in Tempe, Arizona called 'Inner Truth Looking Place.' He held weekly services and sponsored many 'Tea Ceremonies' in the Phoenix metro area. One of his last interviews was on One World in 1990, where he presented the concept of World Citizenry and its benefit to mankind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khigh_Dheigh

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).