Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal Software Survey

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Default Journal Software Survey

Short version:

There is a survey here. Please take it!

Thank you!

(And the longer version: I was talking to Justin Farrell, author of some excellent Yijing journal software, about his idea for a dream journal. I said it'd be great to have software where you could store readings and dreams - and synchronicities - and other kinds of readings, if you use them - all in one place, and search and browse it by theme.

You can maybe guess what happened next: he volunteered to write it.

I think this is a superb idea. The cosmos at large does not communicate in separate boxes - dreams in one place, visits from birds in another, Yijing readings somewhere else. It's all one flow. Being able to store and review all the modalities together would make it that much easier for me really to get the message... which, after all, is the whole point.

Question is... would anyone else would buy this, or is it just me? Well... that and a few other questions, like which features would be important and useful to people.

So before we take this any further, before I ask Justin to get stuck into however many squillion hours of coding would be required to create this, please could you take the survey? It's just 10 questions - shouldn't take you long.

Also, if you have friends who are not Yi people but maybe tarot enthusiasts or interpreters of dreams - could you ask them to do the same? Maybe post a link on any related forums where you participate? That would be brilliant...)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

How much is it going to be ? If can't afford it no point doing the survey

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Spose if it hasn't been created yet you don't know how much it would be...but doesn't there need to be a question on the survey re 'how much would you pay for this software ?'
    because frankly thats a fundamental issue isn't it...its not how much I want it or what I'd do with it but can I afford it anyway

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I see your point. I feel that way about sales pages - always scroll down to the end to find the price first. But you're right, we don't know what it would be yet. Nothing ridiculous. For now please assume it would be exactly what you would want to pay for it... maybe put a note in the box at question 10 to say what that is if you like... and plunk your answers in anyway.

(Trouble with putting pricing questions in surveys is that people's answers often bear little/no relation to what they would actually pay. So I decided we might as well just leave that one out altogether and have a shorter survey.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it is Mac friendly, and it seems it might be from the survey , I will buy it for sure...unless it is like 5,000 dollars... then maybe I will wait for a coupon to come out or something.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Well... just fill in your email address after the survey, and then we will send you a coupon.

Has your avatar always been that yellow, by the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Survey is officially filled out with extra stuff said (and email given).

No, I changed it to a Robin instead of a Crow. .. love me some robins, plus they have better singing voices.... very soothing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by answeredquestions View Post

No, I changed it to a Robin instead of a Crow. .. love me some robins, plus they have better singing voices.... very soothing.
    eh ? you can't just paint a crows stomach yellow and say its a robin Looks to me like a very ill crow...with jaundice...or maybe has been subjected to cruel genetic experiment...or has very purulent pus like stomach infection ?

...anyway robins breasts are red....in UK...maybe American robins are yellow

Anyway I liked it better as a crow, it had more presence....now it just looks like it needs shooting to put it out of its misery.

ETA do the right thing AQ let this bird die and give us a healthy bird as an avatar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hahaha... you are so funny. I was jaundice as an infant so I guess it fits. I love the crow personally but love so many other animals. I thought I should change it up!

um.. but you are right... it is just a painted crow. You caught me. I liked the pink background and stance of the crow, so I just gave her a halloween costume of a robin. And I am keeping it for a little bit. I happen to like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...would be interested to know results of survey concerning Mac use. Or Hilary, if you know already about the possibility of it being Mac friendly. I am in serious need of organization.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast