...life can be translucent

Menu

Neck injury 26.6>11

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all. It's been a while since I've been around. Trying to get through my last semester of my undergraduate and writing my philosophy thesis. Hope everyone is well.

Last Wednesday I was rear ended HARD. I've been to the ER and seen the orthopedic doctor and he doesn't want to start treatment until I have an MRI done because he is afraid there are some injuries to my discs and soft tissues and doesn't want to make it worse until he can see what he's working with. I'm currently dealing with insurance companies who don't want to approve me for an MRI, but we're working on it.

In the meantime, I asked my friend Yi: 'What can you tell me about my neck injury?'
It responded 26.6>11
When I asked the question, what I had in mind was what is the extent of the damage that was done to me, if that helps any.

I like to fancy myself as interpreting things for myself quite well, and I normally don't post here with my readings until I kind of already have an answer or know what it's saying, but in this case I am at a total loss. So I thought I'd ask you good people what you thought it might be telling me.

I normally like getting 26.6. In the past it has foretold something positive, but I'm not so sure about this time, as my neck is really hurting and it has caused me some serious issues with living my life.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That's tough, I'm sorry to hear it.

What a strange answer...A thought came to mind straight away but first what does the line say. From Hilary's book

'Is this heaven's highway ?
Creating success.'

(26.6 came up on another thread today here also BTW.)

Well first the line describes a highway and you had a road accident...so if Yi is kidding a bit it wouldn't seem funny ! Anyway, well where you were going on that highway my not be so unrelated.

You asked
In the meantime, I asked my friend Yi: 'What can you tell me about my neck injury?'
It responded 26.6>11
When I asked the question, what I had in mind was what is the extent of the damage that was done to me, if that helps any.

Seems instead of talking about damage to your neck Yi is talking about your overall direction. I do sometimes think of 26.6 as the laws of karma or fate, or destiny which moves us along and is bigger than us. From our perspective we can't see how seemingly negative events may also be important. But I digress. My very first thought here was that you are caught up in a strong highway/life direction. Your accident was part of that, part of the whole flow of the direction you are in. I'm thinking Yi isn't talking about damage because there's so much bigger stuff happening this is just sort of incidental to it/couldn't have been avoided....it's almost like Yi is saying whatever you think this is it's part of something bigger.

As a matter of interest where were you going and what was in your mind when the accident occurred ? You see I feel Yi is saying whatever you were doing or thinking about when this happened is important, it's part of the tides of your life that sweep you along. Whilst you were/are treading 'heaven's highway' the accident came and the accident is kind of part of the direction ?

Sound far fetched ? Possibly it is but it's what came to me immediately on reading your post.

Having said that what you describe is awfully painful and worrying and I certainly would not intend to minimise that. It's just Yi isn't talking about damage here....it's saying you are 'on a roll'. Sometimes accidents do seem to come when we are 'on a roll',,like it's the tide of energy that can get strong. Oh dear I sound like a hippie. Hmmm can you relate to any of this ?

Practically it's a reassuring answer that this affliction will pass straight on through IMO. This isn't an answer where something gets stuck for a long time is it. I feel there is possibly some really good treatment coming to you that can move you straight through this. I do hope so anyway. I think this came with great force and will leave and flow through you with that same force. So keep doing what you need to do to get matters moving forward and don't feel despair about this as whatever it looks like you are 'on a roll' and this injury will roll on out too.

T

taoscopy

You need to repair it. 11 shows that it won't be easy (work).

26 - Checking

See that everything is alright. In this way one will find the invisible problems.

6 - One is asked to repair.
In the making
11 - Duty

Organize, prepare one's work.

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. What you have to say certainly isn't far fetched at all. Yi has always had a sense of humor with me, and I appreciate and love it!

To answer your questions:
I had just dropped my daughter off at school and was heading to my internship at the city schools administrative office. My supervisor is so awesome there, and obtaining the internship itself was definitely a part of something bigger than myself, as I didn't really think I wanted to do my internship there, but it has turned out to be one of the best experiences of my college career so far.

I was on a main corridor where accidents often happen.

What was on my mind when the accident occurred? "Oh **** this lady is going to hit me!" LOL Traffic had slowed and I was stopped. The poor lady who crashed into me wasn't even looking, as I saw her in my rearview mirror looking out the window. Subsequently, she didn't even hit the brake when she crashed into me. Just drove right on into (and under) the back of my car.

Oddly enough, you aren't the first person to bring to light that things come to us in strange ways that are part of a bigger picture. You have given me a lot to consider, and I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. I am a LOA believer, so I do feel that this will possibly turn out to be a blessing in disguise, although I fail to see how so at this moment. I will keep everyone updated.

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
taoscopy,

hmm, so do you feel that Yi is perhaps saying that the MRI is needed to assess the total damage? That is sort of the feeling I get from the response you've given.

Thank you for your thoughts and response.

T

taoscopy

To be honest, I have no clue what the Yi is saying, I don't even know what a MRI is.

I'm just telling you the comment of 26.6 as the Yi gave it to me.

If that was not clear enough we can revisit it and extract some follow-up questions.
26 - Checking

See that everything is alright. In this way one will find the invisible problems.

6 - One is asked to repair.
In the making
11 - Duty

Organize, prepare one's work.

The first follow-up question is: What are the invisible problems?

The second follow-up question: What has to be repaired? To me, it's obvious that it is the neck but feel free to ask it, you never know what can come out of it, maybe some specific information.

The third follow-up question is: what work has to be prepared?

I think that the third one is the most important, but you can go ahead and ask the three, you will enjoy an interesting conversation with the Yi.

D

diamanda

And here's a more practical view of the issue.

I'm copying/pasting some relevant comments from the very detailed analysis on Tuck Chang's website
- the underlining is mine, and also my comments/annotations in bold:

(The subject ought) to shoulder the avenue of the heavens; smooth progress (...)
The avenue of the heavens means an avenue which extends to all directions (the spine? nerves?)
Line 6 has no correlation with those below; therefore it won’t impose any restriction on them (...)

The inner upper trigram Zhen (to move, the thunder) denotes the avenue, while the upper trigram Gen is the footpath.
The avenue overlaps with the footpath leading to everywhere (a trapped nerve?) (...)

(signifying) the norm is greatly carried out (or the road is extensive for free movement) (...)
After talented people are well enhanced and disciplined becoming virtuous, they are free to achieve what is intended (...)
After the planned enhancement and discipline is accomplished, talented people can freely go for achievements, like moving on the avenue
(you need physiotherapy/movement?)

After this line realises its mandate, the hexagram becomes Tai (11), a smooth and unobstructed (...)

So because of the above points, I believe that the damage is not too serious.
Wishing you a swift recovery!

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a quick update and let you guys know that I have my MRI scheduled to asses the damage, so after I get the results I'll be back with an update. Perhaps then I can make better sense of the reading.

Taoscopy, an MRI is a body scan that has the ability to look closer at soft tissues and discs that don't show up as well in an x-ray.

Trojina, I still think you are in to something with your analysis. However, Yi usually answers me in several ways, so I think it is also speaking to my neck injury as well as what you were saying. I tend to get multidimensional answers :)

Diamanda, I hope you're right that there isn't too much damage. There is definitely something going on with nerves in my cervical spine. Thank you for the well wishes.

And thank all of you for your answers.

B

butterfly spider

Just to add my little side on this line
26.6 to 11 is one of my favourite lines as whenever I have had it the seemingly
Unfortunate has turned out to be either a blessing in disguise or has helped me in some way
Not
That I am saying a
Car crash or neck injury is a good thing - it's just something about this line makes me feel as if I am in the right place at the right time. Or if I was in the wrong place it was better than being in an even worse place - if you understand

So I think you will be fine. Xx

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I had this same reading to tell me that someone would be in and out of successive hospitals so fast that any plans I was considering would be moot points by the time I enacted any of them. In that case it was good news.

When I first started reading this, I thought it might mean your whiplash would clear itself up in relatively short order - maybe "heaven's highway" referred to blood flow in the muscles or something, whatever the biological process is that heals sore muscles. Or maybe that some gentle stretching movements would help? That you should try to maintain some "flow" (hexagram 11), so your neck would remain flexible and not stiffen up? (I was thinking a natural tendency with a sore neck might be to keep it immobilized and not move it, and this reading sounds like the opposite of that - ??)

However - it's now been two weeks, if I have the dates correct, and your neck is no better. So much for those theories. (And - edited - I realize there are neck injuries which should be kept immobilized - I'm not a doctor - it's just something I thought of with the reading.)

I don't know. Trojina may be right and this neck injury will have some other significant effect on your life - we'll have to wait and see. (Please update!)

Edited again - random thought - could the reading refer to massage, maybe? (I don't know that, of course.)

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to update

So far so good; MRI came back clear, nothing broken smashed or bulging. I will soon be seeing a chiropractor and starting physical therapy. The pain has improved significantly and I am well on my way to feeling better. Thank you all for your well wishes.

Now to shed a bit of light on this reading....

The insurance company has been very kind to me, compensating me without hesitation for my medical,bills and my property loss. There are some other issues that have come up in the interim related to impact the accident has had, and I'm rather (dare I say) lucky that the insurance company hasn't put me through the ringer, as I have heard horror stories of insurance companies being downright nasty to victims. But you see, the lady who hit me was a preachers wife, and the vehicle that rear ended me was insured under the church. The insurance company only deals with religious institutions, and while I am not personally interested in religion, I tend to think that they are much kinder to me because of the kind of insurance company they are. This may been Yi having a bit of a joke about heaven's highway, and Yi knows I always appreciate humor.

As Trojina has suggested, many other people, unsolicited I might add, have said these very same words to me--that this is a blessing in disguise. I didn't begin to put it all together until I spoke with my daughters grandmother (also a minister) who said that I should be compensated beyond the property damage and medical bills. Shortly after this conversation I spoke with the adjuster who informed me that I am entitled to what she referred to as 'pain and suffering.' Now I am a single mother and I do have a bit of debt, but it wouldn't take very much to bail me out completely and have some left over. I honestly believe this is what the reading was referring to: that the compensation I receive will be enough to completely change my life for the better in many ways. So I think Trojina was spot on. I also think that there are aspects in the reading that everyone else mentioned that can be applied, as I am healing quickly, the physical damage was not that bad and everything is going to be just fine.

I just wanted to thank you all for your input. When I settle with the insurance company I am going to revisit this thread and update it to see if it lines up in retrospect.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This may been Yi having a bit of a joke about heaven's highway, and Yi knows I always appreciate humor.

That is splendid :D. As for the rest, I'm glad you're doing better, and we'll look forward to your update about the insurance settlement - hope it works out for you.

Thank you for being so conscientious about updating even so far! You can see how helpful it is. :)

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals

I'm really just trying to keep an update here with what's going on, so please bear with me as I relay.

We are now getting to the point of trying to negotiate a settlement. I am still in physical therapy, and the physical therapist thinks I need at least 4 more months. The insurance adjuster has been a total pain (which, that is likely in her job description) and trying to downplay my injuries. The estimate for my future treatment at this point is running 30,000 USD easily. However, the physical therapist realizes that this is perhaps not something doable for me with my schedule, and has relented to taking the loss if I do not fulfill these commitments.

I really think this reading is telling me that I am on the road to heavens highway. For me, that means being financially free of monetary burden. I feel I'm at least owed that. My car is worthless, regardless of the monthly payment, I'm in debt to my ears because of this wreck, they have a hospital lien out on me, and while it looks gloom, I can't help but come back to this reading. To me, it says that all will be well in the end.

That's all I have for now, but I just wanted to update the current status. After the settlement is reached, I will definitely be back with the results. This is taking much longer than I i its ally expected, but we don't reach heaven in one single bound, now do we? :)

This is the current status, and I wanted to be vigilant in reporting.

Thank you all so much for your input. I appreciate all of you. Namaste.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting how well, and quickly, things seemed to be going in your Sept. 17th update, versus the quagmire that seems to exist now. At least that's what I notice from these two updates. An injury which didn't seem all that bad is now requiring a year's therapy and tens of thousands of dollars?? And a cooperative insurance company is now dragging its feet, putting you deeply in debt?

I feel badly for you. No idea about the reading.

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Back when I initially did the reading, the answer I sought was a long view of how this would eventually end up for me; is there a light at the end of this tunnel sort of thing. So, I still feel the answer will apply in the end.

I have had other readings over the course of this that pretty much warned me that I would have to be dealing with these sorts of issues. I wish I would have relayed them here, perhaps in this thread, but I have been working my way through first semester of grad school and spinning a lot of plates.

My goal is to return after its all over and report back.just thought I'd shoot an update since it's coming to a close to remind myself to return.

solivini

visitor
Reaction score
Update

Today I finalized the settlement. It was all I hoped for and more. We only went back and forth maybe a couple of times before we were able to reach an agreement.They have agreed to cover all my past and future medical expenses, and the pain and suffering amount will be enough to not only pay myself out of debt, but to have a nice nest egg.

I feel like the reading was telling me that not only will everything be ok, I will be better than before. I have been lucky enough to have some awesome professionals working with me, and because of this, see a full recovery in my future.

:)

Edit: Apparently my tiny neck was weak and feeble (which is probably what contributed to the severity of the whiplash), and the physical therapy I have gone through has made it stronger, so I feel the reading addressed all aspects of the situation. Amazing how much can be gleaned from one reading.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Very pleased for you :) and also your experience is a great insight to 26.6

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to put this example in the WikiWing if that's okay with you ?

Pallas

visitor
Reaction score
That is a really cool reading and outcome. Thanks for the updates.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).