...life can be translucent

Menu

54.2.3 > 55 is it possible a return?

Iskratov

visitor
Reaction score
My question was: Is it possibile a reconciliation with him?
I am austrian and he is a pakistani boy(muslim tied to his traditions) living here in Austria since childhood, we had a complicated relationship for months, difficult mostly because of our different mentalities. At the begging he seemed involved in the relationship,even if he claimed that he was not ready for something serious. Recently we decided it was not possible to continue with this relationship, because i was very unsure about us, and i needed more certainty and security which he could not or would not give me.
But I still feel attached to him and I hope for a rapprochement. Is it possible giving this response?
I received 54.2.3 > 55
Thanks for your help!

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi iskratov,

The Zhouyi, or core of the i-Ching, assumes that the wife will take responsibility for conducting the sacrifices for her husband's ancestors.

If your guy has a similar traditional expectation, then you might be in the position of the primary wife in 54, who loses out in the succession to a secondary wife, because the secondary wife was more acceptable to his family.

In the complex metaphor of 54, King Wen is the primary wife of the Shang people, but he gets rejected (imprisoned as a rebel) and this proves a revelation to him (line 2)...he starts the revolution upon his release.

...later, about 20 years later, the rejected maiden King Wen and his younger sister, King Wu, return to the Shang ~ and this time the younger sister is 'acceptable' because he's the conqueror (line 3) ~ and this leads to abundance (55) for the people.

So, to bring it all home, if your guy is committed to his traditions, and you prefer something different, it might take you a generation of difficulty to bring about the change.

If this is your situation ~ and I don't know if it is ~ how badly do you want this to work out?

Iskratov

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you radiofreewill,
In fact, as far as I know, his mother would like him to marry a Pakistani girl, and it seems that she has already found a possible future bride in Pakistan. However the engagement is not so probable and would take place,in any case, not so soon. The decision is, after all, up to him.
And, yes, what I really want know is this to work out, I still don't know if it's the right one for me, but I think it's not over yet, and we have something still going on, I mean I care about him, I have feelings for him, and I think he has too, but for him it's really difficult to overcome some prejudices, and I don't even know if he will ever be able.
What do you mean that it might take a generation of difficulty to bring about the change?

radiofreewill

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You're welcome, iskratov,

If it were the case that we simply married the one we loved, then harmonious change and adaptation would be fairly straightforward...however, we marry into families with traditions and complex expectations for their members. It's hard enough to make it work with people within the same tribe, so to speak, but extra challenging when trying to integrate and assimilate two different traditions.

It's not impossible, but it might not work out even if you and your man shared the love of Romeo and Juliet? Still, if you're both willing to work through the differences with the long view in mind, then you can expect the next generation, your children, to benefit from the best of both traditions.

So, you might be able to win a rapproachment with the son, but take note of the people with folded arms standing behind him ~ they're probably not going away.

I hope this helps!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).