...life can be translucent

Menu

help with hex 3 uc

N

nAstWr

If you have asked a yes/no question and you have received hex 3 uc is it always a clear NO?
Could you please share your experience with me?

Thank you

H

hmesker

Please explain why you think that hexagram 3 means 'no'.

H

hmesker

Where did you read it? It might help if you were more specific. Did you ask a yes/no question? If so, what was the question? etc.

N

Nevermind

Depends on what you ask about, what day you ask in and what month you ask in(the day and topic is probably the most important parts).
If you got 3 without changing lines it can be beneficial for a job interview depending on the way the question is formulated... Overall there is a lot more info needed... But there isn't a hexagram that is always beneficial or the other way around... They show situations and they take driving force from the elements in the day/month of asking...
So based on the question the answers can be very different, there are other factors too, if you are asking for yourself or for someone else, changes what line we should look to understand what happens etc.

N

nAstWr

Hi nevermind, I have found a lot of methods for interpretating iching. Thank you for sharing yours.
My question was about my ex if we will reconnect. Our relationship is like a rollercoaster and chaos too. Recently, I received the answer 42<2>61 asking yi to show me if there are hopes to be together and I am sooo confused because it looks so auspicious line but hex 3 seems the opposite. I know I shouldn't ask yes/no questions. Seriously, I want to know your experience with 3 uc with yes/no question. Anyone?

N

Nevermind

Hi nevermind, I have found a lot of methods for interpretating iching. Thank you for sharing yours.
My question was about my ex if we will reconnect. Our relationship is like a rollercoaster and chaos too. Recently, I received the answer 42<2>61 asking yi to show me if there are hopes to be together and I am sooo confused because it looks so auspicious line but hex 3 seems the opposite. I know I shouldn't ask yes/no questions. Seriously, I want to know your experience with 3 uc with yes/no question. Anyone?

True, lots of ways to work with it.
This is Liu Yao(other name is Wen Wang Gua), it's what is used professionally around Asia usually. According to the oral tradition the texts with the lines are made with it. But without the day of asking the question will be very inaccurate. Also I'm not working professionally with it, so just for interesting example of other ways of using Yi Jing, that are very valued in Asia and very unknown in most of the west. Since there are topics about it in the archives here seems nice to have example in practice too, even though this one will be inaccurate without day / exact question etc.

3 is very favorable for that type of question, 42 > 2 > 61 not. As I said it all depends on the day of asking and the exact question.

Based on info so far lets see some info we can see for 42 > 2 > 61 without day of asking.

▅▅▅▅▅Mao Rabbit Wood Yin(S)
▅▅▅▅▅Si Snake Fire Yin(C)
▅▅ ▅▅Wei Goat Earth Yin(Asset)
▅▅ ▅▅Chen Dragon Earth Yang(Asset)
▅▅ ▅▅Yin Tiger Wood Yang(S)
▅▅▅▅▅Zi Rat Water Yang(P)
Hidden Line:Line 3 You Metal Rooster(O)
Void Lines: No day of asking, so no idea.

Your line is 3th that is Chen Dragon Earth(Asset).
For hexagram 42 the person asking will always be on 3th line if he ask about himself/herself and situation they are involved in.
His line is hiding behind your line and is You Metal Rooster(Officer) it's his line because Officer brings the Image of a Man, so in relationship when we ask about that, line of the guy will always be Officer.
What he thinks about the relationship is on sixth line, that is Mao Wood Rabbit(sibling).

You is in combination/conjunction with Chen. That means he still likes you and you still like him(or at least there is still some sort of connection).
However he is hiding behind you, and is doing it in such way that you are resource for him, Earth empowers metal, means his line is what is interacting with everything even though is hidden line.

So in that front we have 1 reason to say that the relationship can work.

However the line of the relationship is Mao Rabbit. That is in relation that is harming your line.
Relationship can't work. Line of the relationship(Mao Rabbit) in here is clashing/opposing his line.
It will be really bad for him and it is something that you can't be comfortable in for a long time.

From that we have:

1. His line is hiding behind your line. He is hiding behind you and interacting from there with the whole idea of relationship. Also you are helping that since your line is resource for his.
2. Two lines are in combination, meaning you both still like one another and have connection.
3. The line that shows the whole relationship is in harm with you. Relationship will be bad for your line, so probably won't happen.
4.The line that shows the whole relationship is in clash with him. Relationship is really bad for him, so probably won't happen.
(some rules say that clash is also something attracting another, but so far I haven't seen that working in practice, so with the rules I'm using it's no on both parts).
5. The line of the relationship is controlling your line, it's also get stronger with the moving second line.
6. Only thing that moves is a sibling line. That line is progressing into the relationship line. Some friend or sibling will want the relationship to work, however that is unlikely to happen anytime soon from the other info.

Conclusion - you both like each other, you are resource for his line, and he is hiding behind you in interactions connected to the people involved in the relationship. But stable relationship is very, very unlikely right now unless there was something very changing in the day/month of asking(and there usually is).

Second hexagram is of type called Wondering Spirit. This is long to explain but in short means that your position may change from wanting relationship to being somewhat lost. Also it's inner hexagram, so it's good in my view, but it may mean that you may not focus on relationship in the near future.

If you got only hexagram 3 on question like this it would be somewhat favorable for going back together, no matter if it was a yes/no question or not. But since you asked the same question I'm not sure we can count on that.

However we don't have the most important info(day of asking and exact words), so all this may be very different.
I just wanted to write it as interesting example of Liu Yao, that is the way Yi Jing is used professionally in most countries that are working with the 5 arts, usually, around Asia(sometimes Mei Hua, but that can't go very deep in my view).

Obviously, don't take it as true, it's just an example of another way of using Yi Jing that is rare to see in the west, although it's the professional approach for more then a thousand years in big parts of the East, as far as I know.

Also really nice way to show that when we get in details sometimes the text with the lines reverse. That depends on the translation too of course.

P.S. Sooo... Just to clear out this isn't specifically for you, it just seems good idea to have theoretical example of Liu Yao here. For the situation I really don't know, 3 means it can work, the situation in 42>2 was what was described but all this can be very different depending on stuff, so can't really say anything, just show some of the interactions in the system. : )

N

nAstWr

I know about the method Wen Wang Gua but I have never used it. it's above my head. I'm impressed from your description, I have to admit that your insight is spot-on. Actually, it's impossible to be together in the near future. Unfortunately, I don't remember date so as to be accurate. Anyway, I really appreciate your effort to write me about Wen Wang Gua. Thank you :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).