Brexit 24.1.6>23

G

gael123

I asked how Brexit will pan out for the UK and got this:

Hexagram Twenty-Four/Line One:

Return after straying off-trail.
Good fortune and no blame.

Hexagram Twenty-Four/Line Six:

You have missed the opportunity for a triumphant return.
You must now wait years before such an opportunity cycles your way again.
Grave misfortune.

Al changing to hex 23 splitting apart.

Oh dear... any hope here!?

Hope this doesn't start a political argument. I just wondered what the Yi would say.

S

svenrus

Yes, the time has come for UK to leave EU.
The Sequence (hex. 24, and I'll use the W/B transl.):
"Things cannot be destroyed once and for all. When what is above is completely split apart, it returns below. Hence there follows the hexagram of RETURN" (Book III).
Then the casting: 9-8-8-8-8-6. Here I'll look for the changing line according to The NanJingRule (*); which point out eight on the fifth place, meaning that I'll find the Oracle in the Judgement and Image of hex. 24.
Instead of quoting this Judgement and Image here I'll concentrate on the bottomline-text of the Judgement: "It furthers one to have somewhere to go" and in this, I think, the UK is adviced to seek Union in alternative places. The U.S., Canada etc. etc.

*) http://www.russellcottrell.com/VirtualYarrowStalks/NanjingiRules.htm
And http://www.biroco.com/yijing/Shih-chuan_Chen.pdf

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Let me emphasize I don't live there, have only read a little bit about this, so this is guessing even more than usual.

A couple possibilities? One, if the two lines are a story. The first line position can refer to the recent past. 24.1 says something like, depending on translation/commentary, "not far away." There's not far to go to return. Is it true that the U.K. has (had?) a different and better deal with the E.U. than the other member nations? For example they could keep their currency, didn't have to switch to euros, and so forth? I wonder if 24.1 is pointing that out, and saying, "You weren't far away; you had a lot of what you wanted." Then 24.6 would be what's next in the story, if Brexit happens.

Two, if the lines are alternatives. This isn't quite done yet, is it? If there's still time for the U.K. to change its mind and stay, 24.1 might be saying there's not far to go to do that - it might be easier than it seems to not do this, and just go back to how things were before. But - alternative - if they go through with it, 24.6 will result.

(May we please banish 24.6 from the I Ching? Kidding, of course, but :weep:.)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This is a very interesting combination of hexagrams, though. The cast hexagram and relating hexagram are in reverse sequence (24-23), and are also paired hexagrams in two different ways - by flipping them upside down, and also by changing all the yin lines to yang and vice versa. I'm sure there's oodles to be made of all that, but I don't know enough to know what.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).