...life can be translucent

Menu

48 unchanging and my job / 47.1.4 > 60 contacting owner

jecemis

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I hope all is well.

For the last few years I've worked an internet job aggregating news with a partner. Originally he worked the job with his ex-girlfriend. I took over for her after they broke up. The job is under his name and the company we work for thinks he alone does all the work. Nevertheless, he's never done the job solo since he's started.

He is generally incompetent at the work tries to do, always doing the least amount of work he can get away with, which leaves the burden of most the workload onto his partner. I've brought this issue up many times since working together, but he denies that it's true and gets angry.

I've always been astounded by how in denial he is about his own abilities. He's the greatest example of the Dunning-Kruger effect I've witnessed.

Recently the company has asked him to take on new responsibilities, and from the beginning he was avoiding learning anything about it, pawning it off onto me. So at this point, yesterday, I've reached my limit with him and quit.

The problem now is I feel bad because I've left the company (that knows nothing about me) in a really bad spot. An important conference begins this weekend in which they cover, which will be their heaviest workload of the year. Even though they don't know who I am, they've come to rely on me a great deal.

So I asked the IC what should I know about my job and received 48 with no changing lines.

This hexagram makes a lot of sense. The job was a source of income. I can get by without it but that income has improved my life in a lot of ways and the fact that I can do it anywhere I have internet offers a lot of freedom. If not properly cared for, I will lose access to this source. Which seems to where I find myself presently.

I respect what this company is doing, and as I mentioned I feel pretty bad about the situation I've left them. I have been considering contacting the owner and revealing who I am and the situation, offering to work at least through the conference. I feel like they may be desperate.

I asked the IC about contacting the owner and received hex 47 with changing lines 1 and 4 changing to hex 60.

My take on this is that it is not going to go well if I contact him and reveal myself. So maybe there's nothing to do at this point other than accepting that I've lost this source of income.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I'm wondering why you don't go to the ex-partner and offer to fill in for just this one weekend?

Anyway, as to your question, one of the meanings of Hexagram 60. Limitation is that words give form to ideas and the importance of keeping our words sweet as others will not accept our ideas if they have a bitter taste. So maybe a caution as to how you should go about talking to the company in a way that they will accept your words?
Hexagram 47.1 could be referring to you feeling bad and 47.4 could be your considering approaching the company directly. Because 47.4 refers to a slow moving carriage I'm thinking you better hurry and decide what you're going to do or it may be too late for you to connect with the right people and for them to understand and to accept your offer.

Hmm...also wonder if 47.4 describes your former employer - lots of bells and whistles but he's a little slow...

I had never heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect and had to google it. For others who may not know, it is the the tendency for people with limited abilities to over-estimate their capabilities. Donald Trump was given as an example.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).