...life can be translucent

Menu

First step of a thousand miles journey and HEX50

P

Pyramid

My dear friends from all around the world,

The fact that in this gathering place I have already met so many beautiful minds always makes me dazzled. So thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Gosh this post gonna be long! So first : was mile (as the distance measure) known to the ancient Chinese?
(" The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Lao Tzu )

Anyways, my beloved sage Yogananda says that the way of expansion, the way of progress is to look within and release our inner power. (https://books.google.de/books/about/To_Be_Victorious_in_Life.html?id=whEMAAAACAAJ&source=kp_cover&redir_esc=y).

To me it was moving, how my round is supposed to start?
So I asked the I-ching: what is my first step on this way?
HEX50 unchanging.
I see 50 as a structure, as opposed to breaking out on a free start. So as usual, I will listen to your thoughts :hugs:

Cheers,
P.

D

diamanda

The original said "1,000 li journey". A li is an old Chinese measure of distance which converts to 360 miles or 576 km. So if we wanted to be more accurate, we should be saying "The journey of a 360,000 miles begins with one step" (I feel tired even thinking about it... lol).

what is my first step on this way? 50 unchanging

I agree with you, first of all 50 is a structure.
It has three standing legs, so it is stable, not going anywhere.
To me this says that you've got the structure you need, already.
"Thus the superior man consolidates his fate by making his position correct".

However 50 is not about doing nothing.We've got a cauldron, so let's cook.
I believe 50 here is about gathering all the correct ingredients, and starting cooking them.
With gusto, and with patience. And bon apetit when it's ready :)
As a footnote, 50 can refer to pregnancy. Try to apply that notion (metaphorically?) to your goal.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 50 the Caldron follows hexagram 49 which is about the individual recognizing his value as a separate and unique human being. I see hexagram 50 then as describing the individual's ultimate goal, which is to then play his individual part in the group experience, to be a part of the cosmic soup.
Once you know this is the goal, then you can begin to consolidate your fate by making your position correct. For example, you may recognize you were born to be a teacher. Once you realize this is your role, then you know what you need to do to make your position correct, such as get a credential or move to an area that is hiring teachers.
But the first step is to know you are inevitably going to play a part in the larger group experience and to figure out how you'd like that to be.

Last edited:
P

Pyramid

The original said "1,000 li journey". A li is an old Chinese measure of distance which converts to 360 miles or 576 km. So if we wanted to be more accurate, we should be saying "The journey of a 360,000 miles begins with one step" (I feel tired even thinking about it... lol).

what is my first step on this way? 50 unchanging

I agree with you, first of all 50 is a structure.
It has three standing legs, so it is stable, not going anywhere.
To me this says that you've got the structure you need, already.
"Thus the superior man consolidates his fate by making his position correct".

However 50 is not about doing nothing.We've got a cauldron, so let's cook.
I believe 50 here is about gathering all the correct ingredients, and starting cooking them.
With gusto, and with patience. And bon apetit when it's ready :)
As a footnote, 50 can refer to pregnancy. Try to apply that notion (metaphorically?) to your goal.

:) Thank you for the explanation of Li, let's see its morph into miles a blessed persuasion for westerners to actually dare start the journey XD
It is interesting that the same night I asked the question, I had this dream of carrying an adorable child with me. And the day after I got your interpretation...

P

Pyramid

I just second-passed the interpretations I received. During this pause I slept on them, tried to spot them in my day-to-day life, just watched, no assumption, no expectation, no action plan; and here we are:

diamanda and rosada, you were right in saying, there is already a re-developed me with offerings to the world around. Now I think with hex 50 the Iching wanted me to observe what is already there, it is always the best kick-off step from where we are by the way ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).