...life can be translucent

Menu

Where to start from on my job

minto

visitor
Reaction score
1. Image of my ideal job (live purpose through my job): 37.1.3.6>8
[Based on Wikiwing]
I'm a therapist and want to work with children, although I still have to specialize in it. I have a masters of Psychology in Humanist Psychology, but you need a specific one to work with children... So I read 37 as families and 8 as uniting. Which is exactly what I would like to do: helping children who are risen with poor emotional intelligence parents and help them find within them their wisdom and their power to be able to manage their emotions in a healthy way. For that I guess I will also have to work with the parents sooner or later, and I can feel resistance about that part of the job, dealing with the parents and their problems... which are the main reason why children have psychological problems...
37.1 not sure if it talks about creating a family or starting to create my workplace. Separating outside from inside. Setting proper boundaries.
37.3 setting proper boundaries and being loving, better a bit strict than too loving and poor boundaries
37.6 As soon as I start I will be very good at my job and I will be able to help people and make them shine?
Trojina's theory on reading including line 1 and 6 make me guess that it has some sort of fast conclusion? as she explains in her readings, but I cannot make a right guess for this proper reading. Like... creating a fast-results therapy uniting families in the blink of an eye? I guess not... but I tried my guess... or maybe that the idea will come to me fast when I stop procrastinating?

Note: I have been thinking to create a workshop at a school after class or at some therapy center... or coffee shop / bookshop / library for children... I really like that idea but I'm terrified with speaking in front of people... which is one of the reasons I keep procrastinating...

2. What step can I take to start working right now that motivates me and connects me to my heart (my Tao)? 17.4.5>24

(I was hoping for a more specific answer like do this and that... lol. Oh well...)
It seems to talk about forgetting what my Ego wants (17.4) - not sure what it wants... maybe easy money, getting enough amount of clients before renting an office monthly...? Or maybe what it is afraid of: failing to people that come to me...
And to choose what my Higher Self wants: start working helping people, everyone makes errors and everyone starts from somewhere and keep learning and improving from there. That's the difference between procrastinizers and people that achieve their dreams... (that's what my inner voice keeps telling me but my Ego keeps procrastinizing).

[I based my reading on the advice given in this post and Karcher]

Note: Karcher's specification of "the Way opens" or "the Way closes" makes it really easy to know if you are following your Tao or not. I have realized that in James DeKorne's website he uses the word Work (for Tao, as Byron Katie also calls it), Ego, Self, which are also really helpful when understanding the lines better... Just in case it can be useful for people reading this post.

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?22337-17-4-5-gt-24-relationship
Ditto on:
"The hexagram asks you to consider: what are you following? A person ? or the Tao (the way)?
If both of you follow the Tao, you will prosper.
But if you try to pursue him, with a narrow focus and in a way like trying to "catch" him, or his feelings, then it will backfire."
Be sure to follow (17) your own "lodestar" (17.5), not tied up in an intention to make a "catch" (17.4). Always return to yourself and your own path, or Tao (24). You will never lose that which is truly yours, and you will never be led astray. If you two are meant to be together, the universe will conspire to bring you together and keep you together, granted that you (both) still have your (inner) sight fixed on following your lodestar and if it is "written in the stars."

Keep in mind that a lodestar is,
"a star that is used to guide the course of a ship, especially Polaris."
Such a star is a fixed constellation around which to center your life. It does not move. It revolves around the earth with the seasons.

The appearance of 17.4 means there is either a struggle or choice to maintain adherence to the will of the true self or the will of the ego. The ego seeks to follow "satellites," which are not fixed constellations, but ever-changing in desire and influence. They exist without a center and seek to make gains based on what serves their purpose and self-interest in the moment. Discard such satellites and "go one's way with sincerity" (Wilhelm/Baynes).

Decide if it is 17.4 or 17.5 you follow. Perhaps, the Yi is just reflecting your need to make a choice to follow someone or something greater?

I've written a poem about following such a "lodestar" called "Mysterious We." You might like it.

3. How can I stop procrastinating (due to fears, insecurities)? In other words, start materializing my job? 60.2.4>17
[Following Karcher:]
60.2 Go out now! Take action!! Otherwise, the Way will close!
60.4 Make your mind clear and express yourself, then you will attract the right people to work with you.
17 people will follow you (you will get the clients) when you have done that

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Your ideal job is one that helps parents create a loving family. Unfortunately there is a myth out there that being a good mother or a good father is all about following one's natural instincts when in reality this isn't true at all. Perhaps you will put together a program that teaches basic parenting skills and includes a 37.6 special emphasis on strengthening the bond between the parents. (When I was getting my license to be a foster parent we were given a book that came with a video called "Off Road parenting". It taught how to turn difficult children around by accentuating the positive. You could lead a terrific series of workshops using it as a manual)
I think hexagram 17.4 is referring to your fear of public speaking and 17.5 is advising you that when you get clear what you have to offer really will help people you'll feel so confident you wont be shy about promoting it. So what you can do right now is get clear about what you intend to offer as a service. You might also do something specifically meant to develop your speaking skills - like joining Toastmasters and reading books on improving salesmanship.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I got this idea for your workplace! You know how people will often have pictures of people they admire on their office walls? Like pictures of George Washington and Martin Luther King hung in the Oval Office when Obama was president. Well, I was thinking you could put up pictures of people you consider role models for children's caregivers - like Mary Poppins, Mrs Doubtfire and Maria Montesorri. With those pictures around you people would know what you're about without you having to give a big sales pitch and the pictures would also give you a way to talk about your methods without feeling like you're talking about yourself because you could point to a picture and say, "I admire her approach because..."
Let us know how it goes!

minto

visitor
Reaction score
Wow, Rosada! That's such a neat idea! Thank you so much for thinking about that and letting me know. It really applies to the idea of education I have, so I'll probably apply your idea. Also thank you for letting me know about that DVD, it certainly looks interesting!

Right now I'm working on thinking what kind of services I will offer, because my studies are more focused on the therapy part rather on the prevention part, but I am more interested in preventing that in arranging things after they have been spoiled. It's better for everyone. The world needs more prevention on all levels rather than focusing on resolving the damage when already done...

I guess it will take me a while to update this thread but I will have news for you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).