...life can be translucent

Menu

Progress Hex 59.5>4

O

oceangirl

Relevant to my other recent relationship threads - because this is still a very new connection and the first time I've experienced such a 'relationship' - I'm not sure how to go about things.
Because he's more unsure than me about things I'm letting him lead things though I'm not being led as such - I've the capacity to say yes/no if I know it's for my highest good.

Please show me the way to progress our relationship

Hexagram 59.5>4

I read Hex 59 as dispersing the old way of doing things...interesting enough The Tower card came up in my tarot reading on this as well.
Line 5 talks about working through obstacles between us as long there's no power play taking place. There has been a lot of confusion and he has acted childishly in his inability to make sense of our connection.
It looks like this reading is saying disperse all this silliness and see what we've left to work with.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
59.5 - 4 Dispersing, letting it all go and going off into the unknown.
Maybe taking trips together to places that are new to both of you? Could be something as simple as exploring a different restaurant on the other side of town or as extreme as giving away all your belongings and going to a foreign country together.

O

oceangirl

Thanks Rosada - this relationship has been one of the biggest unknowns I've ever had tread into in my life and, unknowing that it would happen as I was doing my best to avoid him both days over this weekend, I ran into him and we spent unplanned time together - it's made a difference.

Last edited:

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe 59.5 is the I Ching's version of "If you love someone, let them go."

O

oceangirl

That's it exactly - and that's what I've been trying to do since Friday but without actually actively ending it officially so to speak.....but I suspect the Universe is intervening.

O

oceangirl

Despite the beautiful dynamic that grew between us this relationship has continued to be confusing and I'm continually unsure of his intentions towards - my feelings have gotten stronger towards him as he has become very attentive and has been pursuing me more and more but he still says he doesn't have feelings for me and is still on online dating.
I've decided to end the connection completely so I guess this reading is a reflection of the dispersing of the relationship Hexagram 59 because I just don't know Hexagram 4 what's going on. However sometimes he completely overrides and ignores things I say so I've asked another question.....

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Despite the beautiful dynamic that grew between us this relationship has continued to be confusing and I'm continually unsure of his intentions towards - my feelings have gotten stronger towards him as he has become very attentive and has been pursuing me more and more but he still says he doesn't have feelings for me and is still on online dating.
I've decided to end the connection completely so I guess this reading is a reflection of the dispersing of the relationship Hexagram 59 because I just don't know Hexagram 4 what's going on. However sometimes he completely overrides and ignores things I say so I've asked another question.....

In 59.5 the king disperses the contents of the granaries. Wilhelm writes 'sweat....Dissolution'. So in this time of dispersion this refers to pouring in your every last reserve with nothing held back, Giving it all you've got even to the last of what you have.

What can this mean in your situation ? I think it amounts to a kind of ultimatum with complete and utter honesty, no reserves. This to me would something like telling him how much you want to be with him, how attached you have become, which means that you cannot afford to risk your heart further if he doesn't see himself ever being able to commit in any way. So I agree with you when you say
It looks like this reading is saying disperse all this silliness and see what we've left to work with.

I think complete honesty with nothing held in reserve, no games, no saving face, just putting it all out there would disperse all silliness on his part because you wouldn't be making an ultimatum with any hostile intent but you are coming to be in love with him I think (?) and if so he needs to know because you can't go on like this with you being in love and him also being in love (IMO) but refusing any kind of commitment...er yet also always wanting to see you. It reminds me of that 10cc song 'I'm not in Love'

To me, having followed the story this looks like a real connection, a good one he doesn't actually want to lose any more than you do but he is unwilling to commit in the way you'd like. 59.5 is asking for it to be all out there. The king, in these times of dispersion empties the royal granaries to the people leaving no secret stash anywhere. Tell him like it is and also the whole truth of your feelings. He might run but somehow I think he'd be back in a week or two and if he wasn't well then...

Edit...when I use the word 'ultimatum' I'm thinking terms of the final dispersion the king makes and ultimatums can be that way as in 'look this is all I have, this is what I sincerely offer you, take it or leave it. If it were prince in a fairy story he'd be on one knee saying all he offers is hers will she take it ? The prince leaves no room for her to say 'well I don't know I'm still seeing a few other guys', he is offering her his all, she has to either accept or decline. So I don't mean ultimatum in the hostile sense of 'if you don't do X I won't do Y' but more like 'this is the offering I have will you take it...or not'.

Last edited:
O

oceangirl

Thankyou very much Trojina - it's good to get the perspective of someone who's on the outside looking in and has no emotional attachment. I told him the orher night how I felt and that I was taking a break from seeing him to regain my equilbrium. He just smiled and said ok as if he didn't believe I would go rhrough with it. After 24 hours and a lot of tears and feelings of grief, which seemed over the top to me, but perhaps I was keeping the depth of my feelings in check I sent him a message saying I'm breaking our connection completely. He didn't respond except when I came out to my car this morning he'd left something that I'd left at his place that meant nothing to me....I'd already said put it in the garbage.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh sorry to hear this :hug: I do hope there is a way to move forward. From the start the readings have shown there is something to this connection I think. I think when you have given it your best shot, there is always fewer regrets. I think he will end up with more regrets than you but I'm still hoping it isn't the end yet as I said on the 49 thread, it just doesn't look like it to me.

ZeybGeo

visitor
Reaction score
This is an excellent contextual interpretation. Very well written @Trojina.

O

oceangirl

Yes ZeybGeo - Trojina is certainly well versed in the Yi and is kind enough to help many like me.

Thanks Trojina - I'm ok though terribly sad but as you and I both know from our life experiences you get over the worst of these things and move on. Having said that I know it's a unique connection and has the capacity for a whole lot more to happen but in the bigger picture it's up to him to take up the challenge it's presenting for him.....I don't believe I can do anymore.

O

oceangirl

Well unless something changes it looks like this relationship is completely over. Though short lived it was a powerful crazy connection on a lot of levels. One thing I've learned in the last couple of days....you don't say no to this man but I'm so glad I have now.

O

oceangirl

er yet also always wanting to see you. It reminds me of that 10cc song 'I'm not in Love'

Finally got around to listening to this song - so true except it was about keeping every single text message I sent him (keeping with the times of course :rolleyes:) He also has something that belongs to me, he asked if he can hang onto for now....oh dear!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
He also has something that belongs to me, he asked if he can hang onto for now....oh dear!

...does he want to cuddle it each night in bed so he can imagine you're there :mischief:

O

oceangirl

...does he want to cuddle it each night in bed so he can imagine you're there :mischief:

Hahahaha - maybe.....it's actually a lovely garden bench that I can't fit in my current rental but could get a friend to mind it for me. He was already integrating into his new garden design when were having our Claytons relationship. Maybe he'll start sleeping on it come Summer so he can feel next to me....too funny Trojina!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).