...life can be translucent

Menu

Missing cat: 33.2.3.4 to 23

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
A dear friend's beloved rescue cat bolted out an accidentally opened door after getting spooked, and though he's been seen in the neighborhood, he runs whenever anyone approaches him.

As soon as I heard this news, I asked Yi quite urgently, "Where is the cat?" Yi replied:

33.3.4.5 to 23

I know there are quite a few missing cat posts on here from time to time, and it's a hard question to interpret. But I meditated on Tobias the Hamster as I asked Yi, and had some hope for clarity.

It's one of those answers that feels, to borrow a term from horary astrology, "valid." Yi and I are having a conversation about this topic directly. But it's disheartening. I don't have much hope she will recover him. 23 seems to suggest this could be a permanent splitting away from his home, and a painfully unintentional one ("Fruitless to have a direction to go"). 33 just further suggests he's really on the run, retreating, etc. Line 3: he ran because he was scared, not because he wanted to have a great adventure or something. Has he gotten entangled/trapped in something? Does he have a new person already whom he is trying to curry favor with, or that it would be useful for him to do so ("servants"...certainly cats see us people as such, and I mean that in an endearing way). Lines 4 + 5 show him still in retreat, but perhaps making the best of it.

Thoughts, anyone? I think this reading is not particularly hopeful that he will be recovered and returned to my friend, but perhaps it shows he will muddle through decently somehow anyway (33.5).

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
For what it's worth, it's a densely populated, urban, multicultural neighborhood, with many different languages spoken and many small alleys, yards, buildings, people passing through, etc. My friend is papering the neighborhood with fliers but the possible areas he could be in feel vast. :weep:

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Happy news! The cat returned two nights in a row to my friend's building, crying piteously, and though he still bolted when approached, they managed to catch him and he is safely home, where he is eating ravenously and recovering from his adventure. :)

D

diamanda

The phrasing of the question is so important, as I'm sure you know mulberry. You asked where the cat was (33.2.3.4 > 23). The answer said that the cat had been trapped, and no matter how much he/she wanted to withdraw, it couldn't as it was trapped by something/someone. The cat couldn't move/go anywhere (23).

The question was not, however, will the cat return, or is the cat ok, or what does my friend need to do to find it. Mulberry - this comment is not meant for you, I know you know these details. I'm just thinking, it would be misleading for any future readers to read this and think, oh, 33.2.3.4 > 23 means that the person/thing will come back. No, the question was not "will the cat come back", the question was where is the cat currently. As Trojina very successfully phrases this, we need to scale the answer to the question.

So glad to hear the cat is (traumatised, but > ) back and safe :)

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
All very true, diamanda! I was a bit muddled in my analysis. I usually compose myself and meditate at least a minute before asking Yi anything but in this case I didn't; I did a casting within seconds of getting the text from my friend that he had bolted. I asked "Where" deliberately (as deliberately as possible when asking without a pause first), since she was actively trying to find him, and I didn't feel like we'd reached the "Will he come back?" phase of questioning yet. I was trying to see if I could interpret anything from Yi that would assist in the search. Not sure if I did or not, except the reading did give me the sense he was alive, not hit by a car or something right away, which fed into the "where" interpretation. I lean towards interpreting the 23 as "no direction to go," in this case, in a way that turned out positively for all involved. The cat really didn't want to go anywhere; despite being an indoor cat he knew well enough to hang around the building and ultimately allowed himself to be caught again. I didn't exactly glean the precise "where" from that, though. 33.3 suggests to me in hindsight that he didn't want to be on the loose either, and he was ready to get back to his servant (my friend, lol).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).