...life can be translucent

Menu

Thoughts on line 3.2

E

erre_kz

I am wondering what's the meaning of this line...3.2. I understand the general meaning of the line, at least the single elements of the line.. there's a robber (but he is not really?), a misunderstanding, and a big delay in time.I know that because of this long period of time it is difficult to find someone who tells his concrete experience with this line, but I wonder.. is the robber the same person/thing one will woo after 10 years? Or you have to wait and woo another person/thing, but the right one? Or could be both possibilities? What's your take on it? For example, I received this line both about my ex and my university studies, for which in particular I wonder if there'll only be a delay in time (I am already in this time delay), or I have to give up, it's not the right thing for me? Please share your thoughts, or experience if you have ;)blessings

E

erre_kz

I don't know why I can not publish the post well-ordered as I wrote it.... sorry

E

erre_kz

I see.. and what about that time frame "10 years" for you?

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
First time it was a few months, the second time it was a few weeks.

I think it is almost impossible to make sense of the time period with the text interpretation method.
Time periods like "3 years" or "10 years" always mean to me -- while waiting for a positive outcome -- that the proccess takes way longer than I expected it or wanted it.

E

erre_kz

First time it was a few months, the second time it was a few weeks.I think it is almost impossible to make sense of the time period with the text interpretation method. Time periods like "3 years" or "10 years" always mean to me -- while waiting for a positive outcome -- that the proccess takes way longer than I expected it or wanted it.
Yes..it's not easy to make sense of time. Anyway I always feel "10 years" like a very long time..another thing is that meaning of line 3.2, even if it says "after 10 years she will woo" that seems to be something certain, appears to me more ambiguous in comparison to line 53.5 for example...When I receive 5th line of 53 I feel certain that I'll obtain what I'm asking for, even if it will need more time than I expect.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Years ago there was an ad that had a caring parent stepping in and taking over and the daughter would complain through clenched teeth, "Mother, please! I'd rather do it myself!" I see 3.2 as being that experience where with the Difficulty at the Beginning one is being told what to do and how to do it and while the advice may be correct, the person needs to figure things out for themselves - because ultimately the I Ching is all about making connections and creating the group mastermind but each individual's perspective has to be honored as equally valid. So here at the beginning when one isn't sure how to 1.Initiate and when to 2.Respond, there is a danger others will take over an a person has to stand up for themselves and insist they be given a chance to learn (give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime), of course this leads to 3.3 where the person is then without a guide and lost but ultimately at 3.4 and 3.5 there is the possibility of folks learning together with back and forth exchange and taking turns at leading and following. Anyway, I think the "robber" in 3.2 can be the person who wants to help by taking over, robbing you of your chance to learn to do things for yourself or taking control and doing things their way not because they want to harm you or take advantage but because they think this is being helpful. It may be sometime before you recognize they are just trying to be helpful. But the main thing is that this is a time for you to get clear about what you want rather than dumbly following someone else's ;end, no matter how well intentioned.

E

erre_kz

Years ago there was an ad that had a caring parent stepping in and taking over and the daughter would complain through clenched teeth, "Mother, please! I'd rather do it myself!" I see 3.2 as being that experience where with the Difficulty at the Beginning one is being told what to do and how to do it and while the advice may be correct, the person needs to figure things out for themselves - because ultimately the I Ching is all about making connections and creating the group mastermind but each individual's perspective has to be honored as equally valid. So here at the beginning when one isn't sure how to 1.Initiate and when to 2.Respond, there is a danger others will take over an a person has to stand up for themselves and insist they be given a chance to learn (give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime), of course this leads to 3.3 where the person is then without a guide and lost but ultimately at 3.4 and 3.5 there is the possibility of folks learning together with back and forth exchange and taking turns at leading and following. Anyway, I think the "robber" in 3.2 can be the person who wants to help by taking over, robbing you of your chance to learn to do things for yourself or taking control and doing things their way not because they want to harm you or take advantage but because they think this is being helpful. It may be sometime before you recognize they are just trying to be helpful. But the main thing is that this is a time for you to get clear about what you want rather than dumbly following someone else's ;end, no matter how well intentioned.
Thank you Rosada for your insight, I never considered that point of view...I have to read it again to focus better, really enlightening.

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 3.2

Hi I had to reply to this as I do have a concrete experience with this line.
Well actually my best friend,an exboyfriend turned up again after 23 years.
They had fallen out at the time had lost touch.
She asked his intentions and got 3.2.
A week later he proposed that they marry.

She said no because she lives with someone else and can't just run off and get married on a
whim.
Perhaps he might try again in 10 years?

E

erre_kz

Hi I had to reply to this as I do have a concrete experience with this line.Well actually my best friend,an exboyfriend turned up again after 23 years.They had fallen out at the time had lost touch.She asked his intentions and got 3.2.A week later he proposed that they marry.She said no because she lives with someone else and can't just run off and get married on a whim.Perhaps he might try again in 10 years?
Hi Maisie, thank you for your contribute. wow, what an interesting story! An ex bf after 23 years...such a long time. Seems that the answer of Yi fits very well with his intentions....perhaps she will change her mind in future and marry him? Or Yi is saying instead he is not the right person and she will woo someone other at the right time? Eternal doubt. Let us know what will happen between them if you can..

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Yes okay I will update you if there is a change.
I know it sounds a bit contrived but this did happen.
We thought at the time no this can't really be happening.
It was an aha moment, this really works.

maisie

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 3.2

Yes okay I will update you if there is a change.
I know it sounds a bit contrived but this did happen.
We thought at the time no this can't really be happening.
It was an aha moment, this really works.

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
@maisie: And what do you think, what is your impression -- does she like her ex so much, that she will probably follow his proposal later, or do you think that she will stay with/marry this guy with whom she is together now? What does your friend say?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).