...life can be translucent

Menu

How to start living happily? 60uc

bluelight

visitor
Reaction score
I would appreciate any insights about this reading. My life situation is quite difficult. I left my home country at 15 for education in the US. In my early 20s now, running out of my working permit in a couple of months. As per reading, I am constrained by many conditions; I can only stay in the US to work at a particular company that will sponsor my student visa and later working visa. I live with/depend on someone who doesn't treat me well but offered this opportunity. So I will have to be in this living situation until the company starts operating. To work, i will have to study full time in the evening for a masters degree I don't really want or need, at least for a year. Then, if lucky, I can get a working visa. I have a lot of somatic pains that prevent me from functioning well over half the time. The job itself is promising in an industry I am passionate about. However, having more schools sounds stressful and does not allow to pursue artistic hobbies that I am missing out in the current frenzy of my immigrant life. To go back to my home country is the last exit strategy - there I have a family with strained relationships, not so great career perspectives and political climate. My good friends back there urge me to stay despite all my pains and struggles. Also, it is likely it would be hard to return here if I leave the country now. So, I don't really have a home and not a 100% opportunity to start making one anywhere. Neither option, to stay and hope for better in the US, or come back home do not make me really happy. And in the last year I especially re-explored the importance of happiness and inner harmony in my life. I realized that I was guided by false assumptions and motivations when leaving home country in pursuit something better aka american dream. It never felt good, I did not study things I really wanted and did not study something useful enough either, like CS or stem fields, etc etc. I went through a lot of traumatic experiences, acquired ptsd, anxiety, depression and am working through them while trying to make it in life somehow. Soo, i realized at some point that I never prioritized happiness, that there are people who live calm and happy lives, that happiness is a choice. So, perhaps, I should just focus on that, allow myself to be happy? So I asked, "How to start living happily from here (where I am now)?" and got 60uc So, does it mean that there are limitations to happiness and I literally can't choose it? Or does it mean that I choose my limitations? Or that I should prioritize things/discipline myself but also allow room for joy (something I attempted recently but seems hardly achievable before I have a stable income and a routine)...Thanks in advance

bluelight

visitor
Reaction score
Also, I asked previously: 1. How should I proceed in my current relationship with X?44.2.6>312. How it would be for me if I move out right now to a place Y?18.2.3>233. How it would be for me if I stay and wait? 29.6.59 4. What if I go back home? 16uc

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There's a technical difficulty that means new posters generally can't post in paragraphs. They put paragraphs in but they don't appear when posted. Hilary says this as a possible solution

The only simple thing we've found that works is try a different browser. If you are using Chrome, try Edge - and probably vice versa.

Meantime breaking your post into chunks

I would appreciate any insights about this reading. My life situation is quite difficult. I left my home country at 15 for education in the US. In my early 20s now, running out of my working permit in a couple of months. As per reading, I am constrained by many conditions; I can only stay in the US to work at a particular company that will sponsor my student visa and later working visa. I live with/depend on someone who doesn't treat me well but offered this opportunity. So I will have to be in this living situation until the company starts operating.

Sounds restrictive.

To work, i will have to study full time in the evening for a masters degree I don't really want or need, at least for a year. Then, if lucky, I can get a working visa. I have a lot of somatic pains that prevent me from functioning well over half the time. The job itself is promising in an industry I am passionate about. However, having more schools sounds stressful and does not allow to pursue artistic hobbies that I am missing out in the current frenzy of my immigrant life.

Just putting that sentence in bold as it's a key positive factor in a time of feeling restricted.

To go back to my home country is the last exit strategy - there I have a family with strained relationships, not so great career perspectives and political climate. My good friends back there urge me to stay despite all my pains and struggles. Also, it is likely it would be hard to return here if I leave the country now. So, I don't really have a home and not a 100% opportunity to start making one anywhere. Neither option, to stay and hope for better in the US, or come back home do not make me really happy.

Hard circumstances indeed.

And in the last year I especially re-explored the importance of happiness and inner harmony in my life. I realized that I was guided by false assumptions and motivations when leaving home country in pursuit something better aka american dream. It never felt good, I did not study things I really wanted and did not study something useful enough either, like CS or stem fields, etc etc.

I went through a lot of traumatic experiences, acquired ptsd, anxiety, depression and am working through them while trying to make it in life somehow. Soo, i realized at some point that I never prioritized happiness, that there are people who live calm and happy lives, that happiness is a choice.

Hmm well I'd say happiness is only a choice to a degree.

Anyway I see what you're saying. You're saying you were sort of taken in my the idea of the American dream and weren't so aware of the importance on your own happiness. That's quite an important realization.

So, perhaps, I should just focus on that, allow myself to be happy? So I asked, "How to start living happily from here (where I am now)?" and got 60uc So, does it mean that there are limitations to happiness and I literally can't choose it? Or does it mean that I choose my limitations? Or that I should prioritize things/discipline myself but also allow room for joy (something I attempted recently but seems hardly achievable before I have a stable income and a routine)...Thanks in advance

It's a good answer that recognizes your difficult circumstances I think. It's interesting that you got 60 rather than for example 47, which hearing your story I might have expected you to get. So firstly despite all these restrictive factors there is energy and it's energy you are still in a position to apportion, to use.

So 60 has to do with measuring, boundaries, prioritizing and often with this answer I'd simply say it's advice to organize, prioritize etc. But it sounds to me your whole life right now is governed by these factors that measure your life out for you. You are living 60, the way you describe the situation is very 60ish in that there is like a set of boxes, restrictions within which you have to operate and it does sound to me like you have a very clear sort of mental map of all the factors that define and limit what action you might take.

I think your answer so much reflects the spirit of your question. Even with these restrictions on your life you are thinking about how to be happy anyway and 60 reflects back to you how clear you are about your situation.

But how more specifically can we apply this answer to your actual question ?

Going back to your last paragraph

So I asked, "How to start living happily from here (where I am now)?" and got 60uc So, does it mean that there are limitations to happiness and I literally can't choose it? Or does it mean that I choose my limitations? Or that I should prioritize things/discipline myself but also allow room for joy (something I attempted recently but seems hardly achievable before I have a stable income and a routine)...Thanks in advance

You can choose happiness within the limits you find yourself in.

Besides when we get down to it how can happiness itself be measured ?

Is it feeling light hearted without cares ?
Is it found in a sense of purpose ?
Is it found in relationship ?

It's the sort of thing whereby the more you try to define it, 60 style, the less clear it looks and quite often happiness is far easier to spot in hindsight.

So very real circumstances placed you where you are and some of them you cannot do very much about, such as the political situation in your own country and all the other factors you mentioned. You asked how to start living happily from here and I think part of that is that despite not having choices in some things you actually make them your choice, in your head that is. When there's not much choice in a life I think destiny or whatever you call you is actually steering you in a certain direction more strongly than if you did have more choice.

One purpose of limits is to give a framework for growth.

I like Wilhelm's commentary on the Image here using your name to make it more applicable

'Unlimited possibilities are not suited to a man/bluelight; if they existed her life would only dissolve in the boundless. To become strong, a woman's life needs the limitations ordained by duty and voluntarily accepted. The individual attains significance as a free spirit only by surrounding herself with these limitations and by determining for herself what her duty is'

I picked that out because it seemed pertinent for finding happiness where you are.

Remember there are many who have ample freedoms who simply flounder around not knowing what to do with themselves. For you the limits you find yourself may actually benefit you long term.

You mentioned opportunity in an industry you are passionate about. Simply to have that passion in your life is a strong guiding principle for which you may limit other areas maybe ?

I can't be sure how 60uc applies here, will link to the 60uc thread but my overall sense is that in direct answer to your question 60 suggest that by accepting and fully owning limiting circumstances as purposeful, as your choice, that takes you some way to happiness.

What if you aren't really in the wrong place doing the wrong thing even though it's painful at times ? What if the limitations that sort of bind your life are exactly what's needed to help you grow in the best direction ? Is that possible ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Before looking at the other questions here is a link to a thread where people share their own experiences with 60uc

https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/fri...eriences-with-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-60

Also, I asked previously: 1. How should I proceed in my current relationship with X?44.2.6>312.

So that's written as 44.2.6>31.

This shows a powerful attraction or rather a sort of sudden or intriguing offer but one where it is too early to make any announcements about it yet, even to oneself. It may waken up old feelings, sleeping feelings, yet this isn't looking like something that can be a permanent part of your life right now. With 44 there is always the danger of someone overwhelming you or putting pressure on you so go steady with this, don't rush into anything, wait and see .

How it would be for me if I move out right now to a place Y?18.2.3>233

That is 18.2.3>23. It looks like a solution but isn't really and I wonder if it is even a situation that could last ? I wonder if someone is promising things will be better there (line2) but have nothing really to back it up or make it a viable solution (23). In 18.3 there's often trying solutions anyway even if they don't work.

How it would be for me if I stay and wait? 29.6.59 4.

I think this is quite literally how it is for you right now. It's not pleasant and there is nothing to do but wait. 29.6 is often about a period of suffering we just cannot evade. Knowing that can make it easier. This certainly doesn't look like a great option at all but the alternatives are uncertain at the moment.

However it does depend on how bad it is where you are ? I don't want to be advising you to just be resigned if you are in a situation of abuse or anything like that.

What if I go back home? 16uc

16 has to do with envisioning, planning, seeing the future and making ready. Now this can be well founded or it may not be. It doesn't say which this is. I would say with this answer you'd have to make sure that your dream of how it might be is actually how it will be. You have to listen to your friends too.

This is quite a neutral answer it isn't telling you what to do but it is suggesting if you do this you make ample preparations ahead of time such as what you will do when you get there. There's no use just going and and then seeing what happens, you'd need to think well ahead to make sure what you have in mind can become a reality when you get there.

bluelight

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, thanks so much for your thorough reply! For some reason, i can't quote either and another browser didn't work."One purpose of limits is to give a framework for growth." - I understand and agree with this component, it is a useful perspective to consider in my situation."You can choose happiness within the limits you find yourself in. Besides when we get down to it how can happiness itself be measured ? Is it feeling light hearted without cares ?Is it found in a sense of purpose ?Is it found in relationship ?It's the sort of thing whereby the more you try to define it, 60 style, the less clear it looks and quite often happiness is far easier to spot in hindsight." I don't really try to define happiness here, maybe I have an idea in my head what it is... In my head it is doing what you love, be happy with it, share your happiness with people, freedom and fulfillment. And I am not sure if that is the direction I am going choosing this path of a job and immigration. Yes, the industry/job is something that excites me but at the same time I also want to pursue hobbies that I neglected during my college life and now career... So this leaves me uncertain, is it the right thing to do? Moreover, to get to that job I have to live with someone who is broadly speaking an *******, a really weird and unreliable person and I just want to leave every day. It is not abusive but dismissive and emotionally abusive somewhat. But I can only leave to my home country at this point. Plus, when I get this job, I will have to do evening school. Here is money and career instead of some personal ambition, hobbies etc. I always look back at my college years and regret not pursuing things I was interested in. And I still can't do that, in a domain of arts. By the way, a couple of months ago I asked something along the lines, if I leave the country and devote myself to arts? And it was 60uc as well. I interpreted it as not the best choice so I kept holding on to what I have. But it is eating away on me in a way... Partially because of my coliving situation (44.2.6>31; 29.6>59) one; it is so complicated, we are just cohabitating and this man works me up every other day, he is just spoiled and unresponsible; my only choice would be to just leave the country though...It is not horrible from someone else's perspective, but is it really worth it, does it bring me to happiness this way? Hard to say. Reading the interpretations about Work as limitations I think, maybe 60uc means I'll be happy when I have a steady job? That might be very well true

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thinking about 60.Limitation as a guide to start living happily...
I think of the saying, "Take things one day at a time." With all your issues and unknowns perhaps you need to train your brain not to try to solve problems too far into the future. "Be here now."
60. Limitation could also be urging you to get organized. Clutter in our homes reinforces clutter in our lives. Also, sorting through our stuff, tossing out junk and finding a place for everything we keep can be an extremely soothing and satisfying activity. It keeps your mind focused and off problems and the results are rewarding.
Along with getting the home organized, 60. can mean make lists, schedules, limits for your time.
Most helpful list: Count your blessings. As you focus on the good moments your mind will make you aware of more and more good moments. It's a start!

Also, I find it helpful to consider that all these different aspects of our lives are like independent energetic signals each with their own wave length. Our health and physical experience is one, our job another and happiness another. They all exist symultaneously and while we think we need to be healthy or be financially secure to be "happy" we actually can just tune in on the happiness vibe no matter what is being broadcast on the other stations.

When there is no reason to be happy, be happy for no reason.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).