...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 51.3<55 take initiative

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
Dear All,
I met a person online and we talked about meeting personnaly when he is back in town. I don't want to be too pushy, I hesitate to remind him the date. I asked the oracle: What would be the effect if I take the initiative and invite him?

We already talked about meeting and every time he seemed interested, but it was me who suggested it.

I received hexagram 51.3<55

My emotional background is that I feel that NOW I have to give up trying to control situations in general in my life and I should learn letting go.
In 51: What must change? What will continue? is appropriate, as I want to be free of controlling.I have to change.
In James de Korne commentary, I found:
An external blow of fate will put to a test your inner strength. Try, at all costs, to maintain your composure. Look for an avenue of change that will alleviate the danger.
The idea is that your fate is demanding that you get moving, that you wake up from your torpor and take action in accordance with the goals of the Work.
A. Wake up and resolve your confusion.

B. Get a move on -- drastic circumstance demand drastic responses

Now it happened to me quite often that Yi responds to my general situation and not directly to my question.
So do you agree that it's reconfirming that I should stop asking questions about this guy and to contact or not, and should just let it go... and wait for him to contact? I openly expressed him my interest, so he can also make a move.
Thanks a lot for reading and if you have an insight, I appreciate it!

D

diamanda

Hi telesfora,

What would be the effect if I take the initiative and invite him?
51.3 > 55

The answer says when shock comes, then take action.
So I'd say wait for him to surprise you - and only then take action towards him.

I don't want to be too pushy, I hesitate to remind him the date (...) We already talked about meeting and every time he seemed interested, but it was me who suggested it.
He's an adult, and we can assume he has a memory.
You don't need to remind him that he's interested, he should know that already.
If he has no memory of being interested... well, you'll be better off without him!

Fingers crossed :)

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Diamanda. For me, 51.3 often turns up as “wake up and smell the coffee!”. In this particular case, I’m afraid it could be that he just isn’t that into you. A man who is really keen will make sure he books your time. His loss. Unless there are excruciating circumstances to explain his lack of follow through, I would just use the shock to move on. The broader insight is to learn to recognise players early on:)

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
PS- This is not IC related, and I am going out on a limb here, because this guy could simply be busy travelling, and could well call you:) But that behaviour often fits a pattern and chances are he does it with all women- players do that. They seduce just enough to get you hooked, then they keep a distance and get you to take te first step. Power games, designed to boost their ego at womens expense by making them feel not good enough. And they get a double whammy: seducing then rejecting. If this happened to me, I would read it as a red flag. Because the last thing you want is to get into a relationship with someone like that.

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Diamanda and Yasmin, thanks a million for your reply.
In fact later I realized that there was some misunderstanding, I think due to language or cultural differences.
I assumed that our meeting was still not confirmed, as we only fixed the day and that we meet in the evening but not the hour. I felt if the exact details are not specified, it is like we have nothing sure and one need to suggest it again. That is what I wanted to ask to do or not.
He understood that the meeting was confirmed and one hour before he contacted me. So after all he did give signs and we met.
Thanks a lot for taking your time and giving your advice! I wish you all the best for both!

telesfora

visitor
Reaction score
UPDATE: I just reread this post. You were right Diamanda and Yasmin when saying that 51.3 means that I should wait for the other person to take a step towards me and only then take action (Diamanda) and that I have to be careful because he might not have a real interest in me (Yasmin).

I indeed met this guy and he showed some interest but not enough… Very charming and very enthusiastic about me and then becoming passive and again charming and giving some positive signs. We were seeing each other during 10 weeks, and the overall pattern of the relationship was as you both described it. He was not into me and kind of forget about me, then showed up seemingly interested but postponing dates etc., so many bad signs.

Next time I will be more careful. Thanks a lot for your insight.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).