...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 30.4 as communication

D

darest

Hi all, would 30.4 represent a quick, short and superficial text message in terms of communication? I am waiting for a special someone to contact me (he owes me a favor, hasn’t done it yet), so I asked the I-Ching if I would receive a text message from Mr. X this week. Line 4 says, it flames up, dies down and is thrown away. Ironically I asked this question last week in terms of getting contact this week and received 22.4, I know these 2 hexes are related. I know hexagram 30 is related to the month of July, which is now. Anyone have ideas?

Sun Wukong

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe you should clarify your question without a time component. Asking the same question twice about the same week probably didn't help clear things up either. But, yes, 30.4 does kind of sound like a short text.
I am having trouble applying 22.4 to your situation.
Wilhelm Six at Fourth:
"Grace or simplicity?
A white horse comes as if on wings.
He is not a robber,
He will woo at the right time."
Karcher Six at Fourth:
"Adorning as if it were old and venerable, like a soaring white horse.
They are in no way outlaws, seek matrimonial alliances."
Maybe he won't text/call this week. But maybe he will "woo" at the right time? I'm not sure.
I think it would be better to ask: How can I advance my relationship with Mr. X? Or, what will be the result if I try to advance with Mr. X? I hope this helps; I hate seeing posts with no replies.

D

darest

Hi Sun, thank you so much for your advice. I am not so sure I want to advance my relationship with him yet, even though I know we are attracted to each other, I want there to be more communication first. I do remember on the 4th of July, I asked I-Ching if I should text Mr. X and received hexagram 63.2: the woman loses the curtain of her carriage, do not run after it, on the 7th day you will get it. Last year I got this exact same response when I was waiting for someone to text me, and lo and behold, he texted me 7 days later! This would mean I should get a text from him tomorrow, so I’m simply waiting. If you have a different interpretation for 63.2, pls let me know!

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all, would 30.4 represent a quick, short and superficial text message in terms of communication?

It means not much comes of it.
(a 'great' idea! that has no effect)
Not unlike the expression 'A flash in the pan' (the flint fires off in a firey show but the projectile doesn't launch)

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Hmmm I think you will get a text, not long;
But I don't think the sentiment is superficial, he will make sure that it is bright, a bird of brightness.

It is a spark, one of the sparks between ye. sparks flare up and die down, but what is it that feeds the flame, the heat that leads to the spark? (the attraction you talk of between ye, that which the clinging flame depends on to create light)

Should you text him?
(I am paraphrasing from 63.2 into your situation) If you are confident in what you feel from the connection, and that when the time is right, more will happen, perhaps text him if you get inspired to do so, but texting will not make this happen any quicker. You might feel temporarily embarrassed or vulnerable, but you will be ok after a week or so.
Sounds like ye are in an early courtship / getting to know one another phase, no harm in waiting in comfort and ease, confident that one day, there will be more warmth and colour.
If you feel that one day, this attraction will flare up or blossom, then you can wait with confidence, residing in your dignity, not chasing after it or him.

Question is, do you feel you need to text him now?

D

darest

No, I really don’t want to text him because I feel the ball is in his court. He knows he needs to get back to me (he does owe me a favor after all) and a simple text from him would definitely make things better right now. Thank you for confirming that it will be a short text, I had my suspicions about it. Will let you know when he does!

D

darest

No, I really don’t want to text him because I feel the ball is in his court. He knows he needs to get back to me (he does owe me a favor after all) and a simple text from him would definitely make things better right now. Thank you for confirming that it will be a short text, I had my suspicions about it. Will let you know when he does!

pooja123

visitor
Reaction score
And the out come?

Do tell us

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).