...life can be translucent

Menu

Example of a simple reading being the best?

F

Freedda

I recently inquired: I am stuck in inaction right now. Give me some insight about how to get unstuck, and got 52.6 > 15.

I then referred to a variety of sources, including Hilary, Bradford Hatcher (and also his Tarot correspondences for the gua), Lynn, Wilhelm, Nigel Richmond. I have put together about 10 pages of typed notes from this, include my own take on the reading. All well and good, but ...

In mulling all this over, I looked at the trigrams in the primary and related hexagrams, and how they are changing, and came up with this summary of the reading:

To maintain an inner Stillness - one of concentration, heart, and substance - but to transform one’s outer stillness of confinement, immobility and stagnation into a stillness with Acceptance, which is accurate, realistic, honest, and authentic.

This really hit home for me. It is easy for me to understand, or at least to take in to my heart/mind (as Stephan Karcher suggests). I am usually way too wordy in my interpretations (and perhaps include too many ideas and suggestions than can be absorbed by anyone?), so it made me think about how thorough or in-depth I need to be with my readings? Or perhaps it was only through this deep dive that I was able to condense it down to a few sentences?

I thought I'd share, and I welcome any thoughts or comments you have.

Best, David.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I recently inquired: I am stuck in inaction right now. Give me some insight about how to get unstuck, and got 52.6 > 15.

I'd see it as Yi just reframed your perception of being stuck in inaction. You aren't stuck it's okay being as you are right now.

Your own summary

"To maintain an inner Stillness - one of concentration, heart, and substance - but to transform one’s outer stillness of confinement, immobility and stagnation into a stillness with Acceptance, which is accurate, realistic, honest, and authentic. "

Yes. I had to read it a few times for it to sink in though I don't see it so much as an instruction to you but very much a reassurance that you are okay, not stuck in inaction but Still. There's more intelligence in this stuckness than you give yourself credit for perhaps.

F

Freedda

I'd see it as Yi just reframed your perception of being stuck in inaction. You aren't stuck it's okay being as you are right now.

Yes. ... I don't see it so much as an instruction to you but very much a reassurance that you are okay, not stuck in inaction but Still. There's more intelligence in this stuckness than you give yourself credit for perhaps.

Thanks! That is a very good 'take' on it. I think Hilary's question "What if there were nothing you had to do now?" is very much a part of what you're saying. One way I was looking at is: "change the stuck part of stillness into a 'good' part of stillness (or something like that). But you're read goes a bit further, basically saying that 'stuck' is just fine; maybe I just need to accept that -- and not feel I have to change it.

I know one part of my stuckness is I keep coming up against increasingly long lists of 'have to dos' which I think overwhelm me (I have a friend who makes her big long lists of to dos but she seems to get energized by them, not deterred!)

As to how you or someone else might take in the words, I think it's very personal: and of course these words work for me -- it's my issue, my reading, and my words! (so they must be right!) Ha.

D.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Of course :bows: perhaps your paragraph might go into WikiWing under line 6 ?

One way I was looking at is: "change the stuck part of stillness into a 'good' part of stillness (or something like that).

Yes, or find a still point about the whole 'stuck' issue. Like Yi isn't encouraging you to go and get really 'stuck in' and energize yourself and sort it all out. Yi isn't encouraging you to focus and decide things. I often like to consider what Yi isn't suggesting that it might have, for example a 21 or a 7 or a 55. No Yi encourages you to be quite detached and unperturbed by your alleged stuckness - well at least as much as you can.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Freedda,

I see line 6 not as 'greathearted' keeping still, but simply of calming over cerebral activity, overthinking.
You may be having 'thought induced paralysis' that feels like being stuck, but I think it is movement/activity/energy that you just need to reallocate to other aspects of your life/being/body.

(Two examples where I've seen this line:
the guy who was going on about UFO's and aliens asked Yi about it and got 52.6 and the guy who was on pain meds and wasn't thinking about a work project when someone asked about him.)

Take this as food for less thought.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).