...life can be translucent

Menu

update on meaning of INFERIOR

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, Would someone suggest modern meanings of the term INFERIOR. For example, I asked "WHY does she call, hang up and not talk" I got 24 moving line 4-wilhelm-returning alone cause you were with INFERIOR people- this woman is moral and substantive but she had had a mental breakdown-paranoia- so could modern meaning include that. but todays society would never label a mentally person INFERIORwhich leads to another conundrum. I asked the question about her(someoby I was with 20 yrs ago) people tell me line 4 refers to me but she's not an inferior so cant the line be read as SHE IS HANGING out with INFERIORS and she'll come back alone to reconcile with a spirtitual friend(Wilhelm) which would be me. IN HORARY astrology if you ask what's going on in the other person's head you will get an objective answer. YET Hilary implies you shouldn't do that cause its immoral to pry without permission so you wont get a clear answer. thanks azzimm

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
returning alone cause you were with INFERIOR people- this woman is moral and substantive but she had had a mental breakdown-paranoia- so could modern meaning include that. but todays society would never label a mentally person INFERIORwhich leads to another conundrum.

If someone were physically fit and had no disease, we can say they have good, excellent, or superior health.

And conversly if they were obese, sedentary, troubled by infections or other maladies, we can say they have inferior health.
They would be unfit for athletic endeavors or strenuous work.

As unpleasant as it is to admit,
especially when you have love for someone with a serious mental illness
(I know from experience)
the same is true of mental health.
There are some people in this world who are unfit to be a partner in a relationship, or to raise children..etc
There are people that have to be cared for by professionals who are not capable of being a healthy partner for anyone.

I cannot say for certain if the reading was literally adressing what she was doing, or if it was advice to you to return away from her.

But if you have done a series of readings, there is usually a pattern to the messages on the subject. Have you done several readings about her? List all the questions and answers here and people will help and I think things will become clear.

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
When Wilhelm uses the words inferior and superior to describe man/woman, he is referring to the virtue of the individual, quality if his/her character, integrity of the individual

What the superior man seeks, is in himself; what the ordinary man seeks, is in others. -- The Ethics of Confucius

The Master said, "The superior man embodies the good in man and not the evil. The ordinary man is the opposite." -- The Ethics of Confucius

F

Freedda

First, this word is from Whilhelm's commentary on the line, not from the line text itself. I have read three other Yi versions of the line and none of them mention 'inferior' people.

Second, my overall take is, 24.4 is about someone finding their own 'middle way', their own proper path, regardless of what those around them are doing or thinking.

Third, I wonder if the response is about you: about where you stand in relation to this person, or perhaps offering you a suggested attitude or life lesson? So, in that light, if there are 'inferiors' could it be that you are hanging with them, and not the other person?

Finally, you might want to consider this line within the context of, and in relationship to, the overall meanings of hexagram 24 - maybe to find one's way of renewal, of starting anew, in a new light. And to also consider the related hexagram.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
I'd agree with Freedda with respect to the line and with being viewed in the wider context of what the hexagram conveys.

Additionally, a take I find useful on inferior / superior is whether the situation is moving away from / towards a place of great understanding or balance. The seat of the ideal realising person.

"WHY does she call, hang up and not talk" 24.4
Because she is at the start of trying to confront an issue. Seeds have been planted within her but as yet have not developed enough to allow her to
grow more.

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
azzimm
I am going to assume when you were meditating on the question you had in mind her mental health..why does she hang up?

HEX 24: TURNING POINT

Things are on the up and up? The time of darkness is ending as the light line enters into line 1. The inverse to Turning Point is HEX 23 Splitting Apart. This hexagram is associated with December-January - Winter Solstice this the days have just begun to be longer than the nights.

After completion of a cycle which progresses thru 6 stages/day on the 7 th stage/day there is a turning point in which everything returns to the beginning which is Spring. Movement thru Devotion...

People come together with ease. Transformation is spontaneous and exciting. Everythint is moving in harmony and without conflict because there is potential in the air as winter transforms into spring

The movement is just at its inception and requires more patience. With regards to your girlfriend she is attempting to move in the right way towards. She is not quite confident with how she approaches you
Be patient and allow her to build up confidence and allow the light and strength to build with in her

Line 4
The inferior people are those that she allow to influence her in the wrong way...it is possible that her mental illness is the inferior part her. This part plays on her insecurities anxiety and uncertainty. She knows the difference and at the right time.she will turn away from the inferior conversations she.has with herself regarding her self image. She knows that she may need some support or medication to escape these inferior thoughts and beliefs. This is only known to her and she find reward as she becomes stronger

sylvia1ching

visitor
Reaction score
azzimm
I am going to assume when you were meditating on the question you had in mind her mental health..why does she hang up?

HEX 24: TURNING POINT

Things are on the up and up? The time of darkness is ending as the light line enters into line 1. The inverse to Turning Point is HEX 23 Splitting Apart. This hexagram is associated with December-January - Winter Solstice this the days have just begun to be longer than the nights.

After completion of a cycle which progresses thru 6 stages/day on the 7 th stage/day there is a turning point in which everything returns to the beginning which is Spring. Movement thru Devotion...

People come together with ease. Transformation is spontaneous and exciting. Everythint is moving in harmony and without conflict because there is potential in the air as winter transforms into spring

The movement is just at its inception and requires more patience. With regards to your girlfriend she is attempting to move in the right way towards you and what she wants. She is not quite confident with how she approaches you
Be patient and allow her to build up confidence and allow the light and strength to build with in her

Line 4
The inferior people are those that she allow to influence her in the wrong way...it is possible that her mental illness is the inferior part her. This part plays on her insecurities anxiety and uncertainty. She knows the difference and at the right time.she will turn away from the inferior conversations she.has with herself regarding her self image. She knows that she may need some support or medication to escape these inferior thoughts and beliefs. This is only known to her and she finds reward as she becomes stronger

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
azzim can you see this thread ?

azzimm

visitor
Reaction score
trojina, you get me on me toes 1) by enforcing the guidelines 2) by insight-sometimes comfortable or not-thanks

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).