...life can be translucent

Menu

Why am I not appreciated at work? 31 to 2 and 23 UC

urbansparrow

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all

Can you help me get to the bottom of this. I have been freelancing for a company for some months and the clients I work with are very happy. however i have no more assignments starting 23 November while other freelancers do.
I have asked he YI CHing to show me why:

- "Why am I not getting more assingments" And I got 31,3,4,5 to 2. So I put much more commitment in this working relationship than they do
- " Am I appreciated at work" and I received a solemn 23 UC. So it seems that the answer is no.
- " how will my professional relationship with them evolve" and I got 11 UC. So They will let me go?

What kind of follow up question should I ask? I really do not understand why I was not able to read the signs as I did not see the dislike the Iching is talking about.

I have also asked finally a general question to the IChing about professional development in the next three months and I got 20,3,4 to 4 which to me sounds like "You're annoying me with your questions".

Many thanks for your reply!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think you are seeing the 31.3.4.5>2 too darkly. I see this more as advice that you aren't fully appreciating how much sway you could have over the situation. Look at line 4 - people wait to follow your initiative. Are the other free lancers more pushy or do they tout their virtues more openly ? You see to me it looks like a picture of wide open (2) receptivity (31) as if when there's a gap clients will take whoever is there. Could you be 'there' more ? Could you promote yourself more ? Could you remind others of your presence more ?

- " Am I appreciated at work" and I received a solemn 23 UC. So it seems that the answer is no.

Well it does appear to be a situation which is eroding. Or it could be that this is simply a situation that makes you feel eroded and unappreciated. But the 31>2 looks such an elastic reading and if you look at the lines closely I think you could get a better idea of what is going on.

In 31 people are very much open to and influenced by each other but what is happening in line 3 ? Who is it that is too narrowly focused on one prize so that they might miss other opportunities ?

I wonder if this whole thing, the human resource pool that is, is much wider than you think and whilst you are noticing these other freelancers got the work there's something else going on altogether ?

- " how will my professional relationship with them evolve" and I got 11 UC. So They will let me go?

Not necessarily.

I have also asked finally a general question to the IChing about professional development in the next three months and I got 20,3,4 to 4 which to me sounds like "You're annoying me with your questions".

Well above all this answer is asking your to LOOK because there's things you aren't aware of (4) which was what I was getting at in my last paragraph. I think it's possible you may need to widen your scope even within this company, I think you may have fallen into a groove where you can't see above the sides of that groove. I could be wrong but I think overall you gaining a vantage point to really have a good look at this place to notice more about what's happening is far more what the readings are about than just plain doom.

urbansparrow

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina - I apologise for taking so long in answering, and I meant to for such a long time.
Your interpretation was spot-on in many ways, and the pieces of advice also very spot on.

Look at line 4 - people wait to follow your initiative. Are the other free lancers more pushy or do they tout their virtues more openly ? You see to me it looks like a picture of wide open (2) receptivity (31) as if when there's a gap clients will take whoever is there. Could you be 'there' more ? Could you promote yourself more ? Could you remind others of your presence more ? TOTALLY.

I wonder if this whole thing, the human resource pool that is, is much wider than you think and whilst you are noticing these other freelancers got the work there's something else going on altogether ? TOTALLY!

Well above all this answer is asking your to LOOK because there's things you aren't aware of (4) which was what I was getting at in my last paragraph. I think it's possible you may need to widen your scope even within this company. TOTALLY! I actually widen my horizon and found quite a few projects, even within the same company!

Thank you again, much appreciated :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).