...life can be translucent

Menu

"Is Daniel the one for me?" 18.4 to 50

theWhiteRabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Hello and thank you. My story for which I asked for help and wisdom is regarding someone that I met recently and with whom I deeply connected. I don't like to let my mind wander around, so I did try not thinking about him, but he is kinda all time around, even in my deepest meditations and I have a strong feeling something is about to happen, and he is part of it too.So far I am just a beginner in IChing, but I believe this answer through this reading means that things are going to evolve through cleaning the old and negative with the present of new and positive, and get the required wisdom...(?)I would really appreciate any insights and I'll be most grateful - it would help me reach more clarity about myself and my mission, and learn more about this marvel. Thank you!

Wilderdreamer

visitor
Reaction score
Hello! Congratulations on meeting someone you feel very connected. I am new to responding to questions in the community, so I may not be as accurate as many of the wonderful seasoned people here.Firstly, intuition. You feel some big changes may be headed your way. Often times we mistake our intuition with what we would naturally desire, because it feels good to think someone we are attracted to may become a big part of our lives. I'm not saying that's what you are doing, I'm just suggesting that you be aware of it. #18 in this instance, to me, could possibly mean that you are looking at finding a new beginning from disorder. Line 4- you mentioned that you try not to let your mind wander but he keeps showing up in your deepest meditations. Maybe this is suggesting that resisting thoughts of him is confusing, and maybe letting yourself imagine a life with him is a new way to break through, to find that new beginning.#50 might be suggesting that a partnership with Daniel is going to require a spiritual transformation, and that he will be part of it. These types of higher relationships almost always require you to let your mind wander freely without resistance or clinging to absolute outcomes. It speaks to me about vulnerability. Greatest of luck. Thank you for posting and giving me more ways to apply what I know about divination in my own way, even if it's not as skillful as most.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
18.4 Wealthy father's corruption. Going on brings shame.

Hmm...Sugar Daddy?

theWhiteRabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Wilderdreamer, thank you so much, reading your opinion just gave a shape to my own feelings! Thank you, many blessings to you.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello WhiteRabbit!

Is Daniel the one for me? 18.4>50
Something that needs Repair (18) goes through a beneficial Transformation (50).
18.4: "Indulging the degeneration of the father, if you go on you will experience shame." I guess one of you has some type of conflict with their father, or is struggling with their father's negative effects. It has to be resolved.
50 is my favorite hexagram and, in my eyes, one of the most welcome results, if not the best. For relationships it suggests a transformation that leads you to a higher position.
In your case, the transformation is needed to solve the conflict. Now, is Daniel the one for you? I can't say about him, but your relationship will be the "one" vessel that brings back the cosmic order.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Another take on 18.4:
This line describes a problem that has roots in the past - tolerating what has been spoiled by the father - and if not corrected will grow to create difficulties in the future.
When it comes to relationships it often turns out that we connect with someone who somehow causes us to recreate the relationship between our mother and father. If that applies here it could mean you may need to be alert that you don't fall in love with someone who you unconsciously recognize will recreate the same relationship difficulties that you either witnessed between your folks or have already experienced yourself in former partnerships. I suspect a tendency to ignore warning signals and a desire to just be swept off your feet, no questions asked. I say this because the way you phrased your question, "Is he The One?" implies a belief that if you could just find the right guy, your soul mate, then all will be perfect. However 18.4 says there are no fluffy clouds to magically lift us up to the supreme good fortune of The Ting. That takes work. Right now you only know that he looks interesting and the I Ching is saying in the past you have leaped without looking and you need to be more pragmatic this time.
Please know that I am just trying to figure out what 18.4 might mean in this instance. Personally, I hope it all works out well for you!!!

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Further thoughts...
Could it be that the lines of hexagram 18 reveal in what area of our lives something is not working right? I'm thinking line 4 is the position of the teacher or minister, spiritual advisor. The line cautions that if the father is wealthy he may create corruption. Could that refer to how a wealthy father might use his money to pave the way for his children and thus prevent them from learning important life lessons? (Like a father who let's his kid get away with stuff or promotes him in the family business before he knows the work.The teacher not doing his job!) Applied to your question, "Is he the one?" I think this line might be saying "Can't divulge that answer. You have to learn that for yourself!"
But I don't think that is a bad omen. I think it just means you have an adventure ahead of you and even suggests that by following your inner guidance one day at a time, you will end up in a good place. The main thing is that you not be so caught up in romance and thinking your relationship is pre-ordained that you become blind to real life signals it's not. (Like, is he available, is he interested?) He may be right for you but who knows? It may be that he is here to lead you to someone else. Anyway, there are a lot of planets in Capricorn this month rewarding us for being very basic and realistic as in getting to know each other from the ground up with no romantic projections.

theWhiteRabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your insights and unconditional effort (aka time) you put in my reading. IChing, my questioning and your answering, as well as my own way of living (usually without fantasies or "tripping", living the present of "now") made me realise, once again, that believing one other else is "the one" means actually just a lack, a misbalance, within my own self. I remembered that this is all that is. "The one" for me (whether he exists or not, it's not relevant for the present moment) will come and hit me in my wholeness. No one and nothing will prepare me for this hit. And I'm blessed with this patience I have to have. I learned for myself that the question was actually not the right one to ask. I was focusing on Daniel, out of the concept of having "the other one" in the shape of him. Something that I already learned as a lesson of time is that there is nothing more than what already is, as a starting point, and that time is just a psychological state of mind and experiences are what we are made of. Since this reading I gathered my essence and focused it inside me, through living my compassionate and simple life and, once again, acknowledging that one must not desire something, in order for one to get everything. Thank you very much for your cooperation and friendship. Regards.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the update WhiteRabbit. Did any thing happen between you and Daniel?

lucid-a-fly

visitor
Reaction score
I actually have some experience with this and got confused a few times until finally I understood. Your relationship with Daniel is a trying one. You probably met him through a creative project (?), a new phase of your life? Do you feel like you may want him to recognize your talents or something you can offer? (that's hexagram 50, it's about something cooking in the Ding, a creative project, a relationship, a project) But I don't think he will be the right one for you. Iching is telling you that Hexagram 18 line 4 means you are tolerating his behaviours too much (too much leniency). You should really stop and examine your behaviors and stop tolerating what is going on. That's how you start a repairing process. I think Iching is telling you this is not the right relationship for you. So sorry about this. Hope this helps.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).