...life can be translucent

Menu

Did he meet a girl?

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I asked the oracle about my husband and meeting a girl for sexual pleasure. The Q was : did he meet a girl for sexual pleasure back in 2017 during the travelling time he had in Malaysia? The answer was 60 and no movement. Can you help me understand what 60 means in this situation? Thanks a lot.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
Hello my life!

Hexagram 60 is "Discipline" so I say no, he's been faithful to you.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you so much for you reply. I appreciate your help.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Did anyone has another interpretation of the 60 in this specific situation?In my book 60 is “restricting” and not sure what is the message it wants to say.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone has another interpretation of the 60 in this specific situation?In my book 60 is “restricting� and not sure what is the message it wants to say.

If you want to be certain of what he did or didn't do you will never ever find out for sure through divination about whether he didn't so there's no point asking any further.

You asked a yes/no question and you got a 'no' so now you are appealing for someone to give a yes because you aren't sure of the no ? Well you will never ever be sure this way.

If someone says 'yes' you won't know and if someone says 'no' you won't know.

If it were possible to convict people of crimes with a quick cast of coins we wouldn't need courts and and actual evidence.

The answer Mary gave you is as good as it's going to get because nobody here knows all anyone can say is what she said. If I had to answer this question I'd say 60 looked like self discipline but it's crazy for you to take it as fact.

If you want to know if he cheated go and find out some other way as you will never ever know for sure by doing this and it's a waste of time trying !

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
I did not try more than once. I did just one time and I got 60. But I don’t know to interpret it well.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Obviously I m not make life decisions based on the oracle but sometimes when I have doubts and I m like 70/30 about something (like this case) I ask for an advice and an extra hand on the situation. All I m asking is help on the interpretation. I thought the forum exists for this reason, and not for criticism on whether is fine asking the orale or not. Thanks

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I know you didn't cast more than once, you got 60uc which Mary interpreted as a 'no' but you are now asking for other views for some reason, did you want someone to say 'yes'.

It's not a mind reading forum.

If you have to interpret 60uc as anything here it would be that he is or was acting with restraint. So that would mean he is less likely to have cheated on you. I can't see how it could be interpreted as yes.

So you asked a yes/no question, you got a 'no' so why are you asking for more interpretations ? You can, if you want take, the answer as 'no he did not have sex with a girl when travelling in Malaysia he showed restraint either because he wanted to be faithful or because he did not have the energy or time.

If you read around the site you can see 60 is limiting, measuring, giving attention to limits hence if that is what he was doing then he did not have sex with someone.

He may have done of course, who knows, but the answer, if you have to try to use Yi to find out what someone else did this way, would seem to indicate he did not.

If you ask for more interpretations then, because you are just asking for a yes or a no, you are asking if someone thinks yes. What is the point of that ?

Anyway feel free to ask for someone else to say 'yes he did have sex' if you want to I'm done with this.

Last edited:

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
I think you understood my Q wrong. I m new to the oracle and to this site. I appreciated Mary reply but I don’t know how much expert are the people from this site, hence why I would have appreciate more to get further interpretation. But not because I doubt the “no” but because I would like to know the interpretation and how people read the hexagon. As I said I m new to the oracle and for me is difficult to understand it. Having several views helps also for my help on understanding how the hexagon is read. I hope I explain myself more. I appreciate your responses and dedication to my Q.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
For example in the beginning I asked if he was honest to me about what he was saying to me and I got 49.1-31Because it was too difficult to understand I asked again with a different Q and I got 60.As you can see I m confused and a help would be appreciated it. I m also looking to understand what 49.1-31 means

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I do think Yi is answering you, and I agree your answer probably means your husband did not cheat on you.

To add to the possible views, 60 can mean "Measuring." What is measuring? It's comparing one thing to another, most commonly comparing a standard unit like a ruler to an object of unknown length.

One possible scenario might be that he compared, or "took the measure of," any temptation he may have felt to cheat on you, to the reasons not to, and came down on the side of boundaries and restraint, rather than dissipation.

It helped to sort of mentally re-phrase your question a little bit, from yes/no to "What should I know about this?" or "Yi, give me a picture of my husband meeting a girl etc." That made it easier to think about your answer as insight and explanation instead of just yes or no. (As Stephen Karcher, a prominent I Ching author, once said in a webinar, the I Ching isn't a yes/no oracle, it's a 'what about' oracle.)

(edited after the next two posts - sorry for the deluge!) - your first question was if your husband was being honest - a more oracle-friendly way to ask that might be, "What attitude should I take towards what he's telling me?" That way you're clearly giving Yi something to describe or explain, since by its nature, that's what it's going to do anyway. Then you and Yi will be on the same wavelength.

Easier said than done, though - I have lots of trouble with questions, too.

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
49.1, "Bound with yellow rawhide," as an answer to whether he was honest with you in whatever he said.

Here's what Hilary says about "yellow" in her commentary for hexagram 2 line 5:

Yellow is the colour of the good Chinese soil, and the colour of the skirts of young noblemen. So wearing yellow symbolises a deliberate choice to put on the qualities of earth: open, responsive, generous and unobtrusive. It quietly demonstrates your readiness to relinquish control and be of service.

Part of what Jack Balkin, another I Ching author, says about 49.1:

Yellow is the color of the mean. A cow is a symbol of docility. Hence to be wrapped in the hide of a yellow cow means to restrain oneself through exercising moderation and patience.

Speculating again, and again seeing the answer as explanation rather than yes/no, it might mean he felt some temptation or attraction (31 relating?), but firmly put on his metaphorical yellow shoes of good sense and so forth.

Probably lots of married people are at times attracted to other people. Perhaps character shows in what they do about it.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The relating hexagram can be "your" hexagram - how it feels to you, the context, etc. Since you're asking whether you can believe him, maybe 31, Influence, could mean allow yourself to be influenced (by what he's telling you)? That's more a direct answer to your question.

Also, LiSe has this to say about 49.1:

Initial 9: 'Bound with yellow cattle's hide.'

Commentary:
There are always innumerable reasons why one thinks change is impossible. Evaluate them critically - very often they are other people's reasons and one has adopted them too easily. What is common is usually not creative.

So if by any chance you and he have had problems like this in the past (which we don't know and you don't have to say), this seems to be suggesting change is underway?

Anyway. There are probably quite a few specific ways to apply this, and who knows what's exactly, precisely correct. But much like 60, it seems hard to see 49.1 > 31 meaning your husband's not being honest.

Last edited:

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Liselle, what do you mean by “but much like 60 it seems hard to see 49.1-31 meaning yours husband is not being honest” Means he is honest or he is not? Not sure what you meant.

marybluesky

visitor
Reaction score
For example in the beginning I asked if he was honest to me about what he was saying to me and I got 49.1-31
Do you mean what he said about not cheating?
If that's the case, 49.1 talks about being bound and not moving/acting; even if there's Attraction (31). So I'd say although he might be tempted to have a sexual encounter, he hasn't acted on it.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Marybluesky, yes the Q was if he was honest with me about the things he told me, like not cheating and not doing anything wrong. I understood your response. It make sense. So in a way seems that the answer is positive and means he has been honest.

D

diamanda

60 is about limits and restrictions. It's also about regularity, something happening regularly. So if he wasn't cheating before and after his trip, then he wasn't cheating on the trip either. If he was cheating before and after, then he cheated on the trip too.

As about him being honest and 49.1 > 31. The answer says nothing about honesty. It does say however that someone is tied solidly with another. The colour yellow can show 'money'. Is there financial benefit for him in your relationship?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Liselle, what do you mean by "but much like 60 it seems hard to see 49.1-31 meaning yours husband is not being honest"� Means he is honest or he is not? Not sure what you meant.

I think the readings are saying your husband is being honest with you, and he didn't cheat on you. Without re-reading the whole thread right now, I think everyone else thinks the same.

When I said, "There are probably quite a few specific ways to apply this, and who knows what's exactly, precisely correct," I meant that Yi is saying more than just "yes" or "no." Yi is also giving you insight, or a description, or an explanation. There aren't any hexagrams that only mean "yes" or "no."

I/we made some guesses about what the insight or explanation might be, based on what we know about the hexagrams and lines, and on what some I Ching authors say about them. But the details are guesses. We can't know exactly what happened.

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi diamanda, no really there are no much financial benefits. We both work and earn equality. The only extra thing I had compared to him is that I bought a house before our marriage and after we got married we pay the mortgage together now and we own it 60/40 in my favour. Not sure if this can be seen as a benefit. He pays for the house so no much benefit. Except this nothing else’s comes in my mind as benefit he might have...if it is a benefit. But why did you ask? What did you think?

Mylife

visitor
Reaction score
Hi diamanda, no really there are no much financial benefits. We both work and earn equality. The only extra thing I had compared to him is that I bought a house before our marriage and after we got married we pay the mortgage together now and we own it 60/40 in my favour. Not sure if this can be seen as a benefit. He pays for the house so no much benefit. Except this nothing else’s comes in my mind as benefit he might have...if it is a benefit. But why did you ask? What did you think?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That's a new association for me, that yellow in the I Ching has to do with money. I posted up above what Hilary has to say about yellow (in her commentary on a different line, but still about yellow).

But there are a lot of associations I don't know about. Maybe Diamanda will be kind enough to explain, or say where she got it from? (Thanks, Diamanda.)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).