...life can be translucent

Menu

relationship: 51 Shocking!!!

manci

visitor
Reaction score
Can somebody please help me to clarify the interpretation to my question. I asked the I ching about my relationship with my husband, what direction is our realtionship moving? I got the answer 51. Without any changing lines. I dont really understand what this means.:confused: Shocking is something frightening to me. Then I asked the i ching again what this means, and what I can do to make the best out of this situation. I got the answer 37, Family (changing lines 2,4,5,6) changing to 34 great power.These is more clear to me, but the divination 51 still worries me. Please somebody help me to explain what it might mean.
Thank you for any tips.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
Your marriage is headed toward a powerful change forced upon it by difficult, fateful circumstances. You asked two questions for the second answer, so I suppose it can be understood as clarification of the first answer, along with advice.

Your family is headed toward a powerful external change (upper trigram of 37, changes to 34) that you are advised not to try to interfere with (line 2, She should not follow her whims.She must attend within to the food. Seek nothing by force, quietly attend to the duties at hand). Your advice in 37.2 was influenced by the fan yao at 9.2," He allows himself to be drawn into returning.Good fortune"

Is your husband estranged, and are you expecting him to return? If he is, then he may have learned his lesson (51).

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

hex 51 says that your relationship with your husband is due for a major shake up. At first you will probably be fearful of how it is going to turn out, but when the dust has settled, you will be happy and pleased with the outcome. This hex is about bringing new life, a new love into your relationship, shaking up your old outdated habits, bringing you closer together.

Does a child have something to do with the reason why you asked this question?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"Due for a major shakeup" willowfox? I'd say that if a person is asking the Yi about their relationship with their spouse, that it's a shakeup in itself. You can't turn the light of attention inwardly suddenly, whether it's on yourself or on a close relationship, without there being an impact strong enough to shake things up on some level.

manci - "Shocking is something frightening to me."

Well, yeah, shocking is something frightening to *everybody*, but if you read the Yi text for 51, you'll notice that the fear is followed in this case by laughter. The alarm's followed by release - that's its purpose. And *your* role in all of this is to maintain your equilibrium, maintain your balance through the shock, cuz if you do then the energy of the shock/release cycle will inform you about the meaning of life for you right now.

Go ahead, read the text for 51 again. It says that the shock is followed by the release of laughter, right?

manci

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox,

Thank you for your interpreation. The answer to your question, no, we dont have any children yet. We had some difficulties in our relationship about a year ago, ( i was the one who become estranged from him),but since april/may our marriage has gotten good again. In the last few months we bonded and everything seems perfect again. I realized how much I love him and that I couldnt be appart from him. So I asked the I ching about our future, and then i got "shocking" as an answer, which is shocking for me because everything seems to be great in my marriage now.
It is frightening to me because it has no changing lines. which means a constant shock?!
Anyways, I am still a beginner in this field and I appreciate all the help.
Thank you.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

Hex 51 does not mean constant shock, it is a one time event. Hex 51 indicates spring time which is around March/April. Shock can also mean shake, arouse, excite, inspire. There is nothing to fear in this hex.

As for hex 37.2,4,5,6 says to stick with your job of running the family affairs, and that you are the important one who keeps the home ticking over smoothly. All very good.

Hex 34 says that the relationship is flourishing, so harmony must be maintained at all times to keep it that way. Avoid power plays, arguments, and basically don't step out of line, then your relationship will remain robust and long lasting. Use your inner strength to keep the whole thing together.

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
I wonder why you asked what the future was with him if you're already married and you've already answered the question for us- all is wonderful.

Maybe your intuition picked up on whatever 51 is forewarning. We are in the time of Thunder right now, so whatever it is that you are about to go through with your husband, you can expect it in the next month or so. 51 is not pleasant, but it does fix problems that lurk beneath the surface.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe 51 simply refers to what has recently occured in your marriage. It seemed like it might be over, but there is the new arousal of energies, a lot of sexual chemistry? a shakeup that brought relief and it is the current state of the relationship to last for awhile. Your family life together is strong and powerful. Maybe you will have a baby!?

nothing to fear, as I see it. Dont always think 51 is unpleasant, just a shake-up of stagnant energies, heat lightning, unexpected fireworks. Lack of changing lines does not foretell a new shock, the situation is staying the way it is for awhile. I would enjoy the rekindled passion

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
listener said:
Maybe 51 simply refers to what has recently occured in your marriage.

Respectfully- she asked "where is my marriage heading". There is not a lot of information in the answer. She didn't ask what her position is in the marriage, or what her husband's position is, so it doesn't necessarily predict a long-term change. It does predict a jolt of fear, or a wake up call. I have also seen 51 representing "arousal". I doubt that this answer is showing a period of unrestrained arousal between the two of them, though, because it is unchanging, which gives the sense of an outside event impacting the marriage. But maybe I'm wrong. Mayge it means a period of strong emotion in the marriage in the immediate short-term, and maybe that emotion will be some other kind of 'high energy' emotion, like sexual arousal or coming together to deal with a crisis.

It would be nice to say nice things, but either I believe this stuff, or I don't, and this hexagram is not the best news in the short term. Maybe she'll come back in two months and tell me I'm wrong. That would be great- I'll learn something about 51 if that happens, and change my understanding of it

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
HMMM, yes I guess based on the question , it means something to come, but I still dont think it is implied in the hex that the shock has to be unpleasant. What if a couple got pregnant after a long period of trying and then giving up? That would be a shock, and a world shaking event, but not unpleasant.
I guess it could depend on our own personal experiences with receiving this hex in the past. MIne have never been dire, and thus this hex never gives me the sense of alarm that another might feel. It's more like a " fasten your seat belt, this is gonna be fun" kinda feeling ; )

autumn

visitor
Reaction score
I really hope it means she is about to get pregnant unexpectedly.

L

lightofreason

finer details of 51

manci said:
I got the answer 51. Without any changing lines. I dont really understand what this means.:confused: Shocking is something frightening to me.

I think you are being too selective re 51. The meanings that come with the Chinese name cover:

"CHEN : arouse, excite, inspire; thunder rising from below; awe, alarm, trembling; fertilizing intrusion. The ideogram: excite and rain." ERANOS p550

Thunder (the trigram) covers the experience of an 'enlightening' moment , capturing the suddeness, the newness. If we map-in emotions then thunder covers the emotion of surprise.

Thunder doubled (51) covers the awareness that comes as a consequence of the enlightening moment - after the 'a-ha!' comes recognition of the 'big picture' or 'new paradigm' etc - we can read the hexagram as "with/from enlightenment comes awareness"

For some more details on 51, using the IC to describe itself:

the infrastucture of 51 is described by analogy to the properties of 35 - where we have a generic focus on bringing 'something' into the light.

51 gets its nourishment from a source described by analogy to 43 - focus on 'spreading the word', on 'seeding'.

If we view 51, from the outside it has a look described by analogy to 56 - a focus on loyalty at a distance, holding 'true' to something. The distancing reflects differentiating from the context one is in by showing loyalty to some other.

On the INSIDE we see a look described by analogy to 60 - a focus on limitations (standards setting as new paradigms do) where these focus an integration with context.

etc etc etc for more see

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/x001001.html (click on the hexagram image to go to another page of material)

Chris.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).