Online personals...two questions

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
"What will happen in my life if I respond to X?"

46 -> 63

"What will happen in my life if I respond to Y?"

5 -> 28

I'd say that Y is definitely out, no? Sounds dangerous in fact. What about X? What does the 63 indicate?

auriel

visitor
Reaction score
clarissa-
i tend to believe that 63 relates to a relationship with established parameters, espeacially as to emotional potentials. (water above, controling interaction below in the physical realm). at least that's a good starting point. as it's a stranger this might mean a good learning experience for you- about how borders are established naturally between people- or/and someone who is "after completion" of another relationship with all that entails.

by the way trust your instincts, that's no. 1, but 5.4 doesn't have to be so bad; its about defining real issues and getting them out- though maybe with a stranger it'd have to be (bad). you wouldn't want to research that for me?- just kidding-

P

peace

I see 46 as advancing and mostly positive. 63 could mean, it looks ok at first and then not.

5 is about nourishing and waiting.

I, nor any of my friends have had great luck with on-line dating. At best we met ok people, at worst - nightmares.

Lots of lying - and looking for sex.

My motto now is:
Hungry people are not good shoppers.

It's much better to meet people naturally - even if the pool is small. Getting out more, meeting people in settings that aren't "meat markets" makes me much happier. No one is perfect, but you get scammed much less often.

Also, on-line gets addicting. It's too easy, people just "go on to the next" believing that's the norm expected. Even though that could be the case anywhere, on-line dating is set up that way and people who use it (men) tell me this. Their integrity seems to be much lower when they meet someone on-line and they believe women lie about everything on-line (starting with their age and looks) - so why shouldn't they.

I have male friends who won't go near it because they believe in meeting women the old-fashioned way - and laugh when I mention it. It takes all kinds!

Just my experience....

Rosalie

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that I'm using it to "date". I travel a lot to a certain city...and I would like to make some friends there. There really isn't any way to do that other than online. I'm very honest about who I am and what I'm looking for...friends, not sex. If they're not well...that happens all the time when meeting people the normal way as well. I've made a couple of good friends online. I thought I'd ask the Yi about it this time.

Honestly, most of the "pickings" were pretty awful. I chose the 46 -> 63 to answer.

Auriel,

No, I don't want to research that for you
happy.gif
I decided not to respond to the 5 -> 28. He gave me the creeps....and the Yi's response just cemented that feeling.

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
Peace, you said...

"I see 46 as advancing and mostly positive. 63 could mean, it looks ok at first and then not."

The 63 really puzzled me. Somewhere there...in the back of my mind...I was thinking...this isn't going to go anywhere. It's over before it starts...which seems to match your interpretation. Well, the guy never responded after I wrote back with a little more about myself
happy.gif
When I then asked, "How's my relationship with X?" I got....23 -> 37 hmmmmmm

Oh well, I don't think I'll pursue this anymore. It was an interesting trial though.

lightofdarkness

(deceased)
Reaction score
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

What will happen in my life if I respond to X?";"What will happen in my life if I respond to Y?" <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

These two questions warrent analysis. Are they about values or about facts? cant tell.

Are they about what could be or what will be? What WILL be, and so a YANG focus.

Is the person being reactive (response) or proactive (instigating)? response is emphasised as so reactive - this is a YIN focus.

SO we have, bottom up:

YIN (line 3)
YANG (line 2)
<unknown> (line 1)

Thus the context of the questions, the base trigram, are based on a choice of:

WATER, LAKE. (the only two with yin in 3, yang in 2)

water comes from the concept of security seeking, lake from the concept of sensation seeking.

water links to the notion of protecting and so of issues of rejecting 'something/someone' (the contractive bounding of water reflects putting up a boundary, a barrier, to keep someone/thing 'out' or 'in' for protection.)

Lake comes from the concept of sensation seeking and in particular of bonding, there is a sexual element, a focus on replication etc., sharing space with another/others.

It is the BOTTOM line that will 'collapse' the choices into one; if the issue is about values then the context is water, if more about facts, the 'pointed' etc then the context is lake.

To move to the hexagram levels just go through the octets and see which hexagram 'resonates' the most:

Water octet (contractive bounding):

07, 04, 29, 59, 40, 64, 47, 06

Lake octet (expansive bonding):

19, 41, 60, 61, 54, 38, 58, 10

Or use the questions method in full:

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~lofting/myweb/lofting/icplusProact.html

Chris.

clarissa

visitor
Reaction score
Well, if anyone's curious about how the 46 -> 63 finally turned out:

After I cancelled my subscription to this service the guy finally responded. However, I can't answer him now because I'm no longer a member. So..that may be the 63. Pushing up..and up..and then...kerplunk! LOL

anita

visitor
Reaction score
I know this comes very late, but I was browsing through and saw this post. I have met three guys through the internet. Two of these turned out to be much older than their pics, but but were nice guys. one, a New Zealander I dated for 6 months while he was here. He loved me but I couldn';t fall in love with him and broke up with him. The other was an Australian met just once - we chatted about crytals and had a good time but there was no physical spark there or an emotional one. the third was the musician I posted about some time ago. Never met him again, and just kissed him and spent a night cuddled up with him. We had a ball for two days. He did not lie about his age, but he did lie about other things.

I began to get tons of emails from this Vietnamese girl on the same site I met him - warning me continuously about how he cheated her and others, and how she lived with him 5 months in Chennai - which I did not know. She could have known about me only through him. as he trying to make her jealous? However, since both this girl and I are free members on the site, all I could read of her mails were the subject lines - but they were enough.

Currently - since a couple of months now I'm deeply involved with a detective in Australia. Online. He says he loves me and I believe him. Is coming to India just to see me in august - let's see how that goes. I think the only way we know about age and how someone looks like is through webcam. I have one and now he has one. he has a big nose but he's very cute. He feels there's a stigma attaced to online relationships, but says he'd rather meet someone online than at some bar and get drunk and take them to bed.

I think it's a great way of getting to know someone. And when you meet - if you do - you know each other pretty well, already. that's important though - that you set a time to meet. If there's no commitment to that, it's not worth it - and as he says it's just a lot of typing and fantasizing.

Best
Anita

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).