...life can be translucent

Menu

Just one of many ways the force helps us to interpret the book... dreams

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
I work up at 3AM from a vivid dream. In the dream I was looking at a form that had to be filled out. It was an application of some sort. There were two columns. In the left column, there was a box in the upper left hand corner that was important for some reason. Below that was a description of hexagram 16 as music, and it was a very important part of the application. Music was important. Just below that was a line that was filled in with my father's full name and date of birth. There were more lines that had to be filled in but weren't yet.

I thought the dream odd and thought about it for awhile... guessing at all the things the application could be for and wondering why music was so important. As I started to drop off to sleep again, I remembered that I had asked the Yi a question earlier in the day. And their answer was 16.2.3. I had thought it was about the leading-through-inspiration meaning of 16 and contemplated the lines but was unable to tie them into the question as yet.

And I realized then that the force that speaks to me through the Yi was telling me in the dream that I was stuck on the wrong meaning of 16. That the MUSIC image of 16 is the focus. I still haven't figured out the answer but can kind of guess a little something... knowing a little something about what is hidden from me... and I'm still thinking about the implication of the application (say THAT three times fast... *grin*). So we shall see what we shall see... in time.

Love,

Val

A

anon

Piecing together a few things:

I too got 16 today, but with 6 moving;
failing to act when it's necessary.

The dream is interesting, especially the part about the father's birthday and full name. 16 is about worshipping the ancestors, is your father alive?

The other night after a concert I told my SO that it seemed music was the most profound of all of the arts, the closest connector to Heaven.

Music, listening, hearing, sacrifice, ancestors, fathers, acting with help, building something up,
taking action at the right time...

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Anon...

You know... AFTER I posted the thing about my father's full name and birthday, I realized he just might represent my ancestor... he's passed away.

And I had an interesting dream about him in the after-life some time after he died. In the dream, he invited me to his house... came down the stairs in black Christian Dior pajamas. He was always a "snappy" dresser in life... why not in death... *grin*

He was also a lover of "drink" in life, and in death he handed me a drink and said it was the best I'd ever have. It was clear liquid. Knew he'd never had much of a taste for gin or vodka so was curious. Took a sip. It was clean fresh pure water... and I woke up.

So now when people tell me about magical water places and boys healing the sick with a glass of water, I am always curious... remembering the dream and what my father taught me.

So... an application?... filling in the blank with the Music in hexagram 16 and my ancestor? I wonder why the box in the upper left corner is important... hmmmmm. I supposed it'll all come together slowly... eventually.

Thanks so much for your input. All those thoughts in your last sentence are very helpful. I've read them over several times.

Love,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Come to think of it...

Does anyone have any music by Merle Haggard, Buck Owens or Cousin Herb? Three that I remember my dad liked a lot. Just in case the message IS that I have to offer up music to my ancestor.

I think he might also enjoy some Willy Nelson and Johnny Cash... who wouldn't? I'd love to turn him on to some Bonnie Raitt... but she may be a little too "crossover" for him. There's also Joe Ely. He came onto the country scene in an obscure esoteric kind of way after my dad passed away. And those are really about the only country western artists I can handle for more than a couple of minutes.

Love,

Val..... *grin*

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Val,

This is fascinating to me.

You said, "And I had an interesting dream about him in the after-life some time after he died. In the dream, he invited me to his house... came down the stairs in black Christian Dior pajamas."

At that moment, did you see him full-size. In other words, could you see him from head-to-toe, the entire person.

In my experience, dreams where you see someone who's died in full-size from head-to-toe are very rare and very special. I've found that they are of a different order to other dreams.

What do you think?

Very best wishes,

Mick

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Mick...

Oh yes full size... he came down a rather grand spiral staircase. I saw his feet first, then legs, then all of him.

Please do tell what you think. I really admire and appreciate your knowledge about dreams.

Thanks!

Love,

Val

btw, I had another dream that seems to be a follow-up to the "application" dream, and I will be posting it later when I have more time than I do now.

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Mick...

Oh and the pajamas were black silk, and I saw the Dior on the pocket... there was a lot of detail in the dream.

Something I didn't mention because I thought it was kind of superfluous information is that my stepmother (who in life was very jealous of my dad's love for me) tried to block my view of him... tried to distract me from seeing him, but he said her name in that way that said he was disturbed with her. So she stopped and moved out of the way.

Love,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Mick...

Oh and the pajamas were black silk, and I saw the Dior on the pocket... there was a lot of detail in the dream.

Something I didn't mention because I thought it was kind of superfluous information is that my stepmother (who in life was very jealous of my dad's love for me) tried to block my view of him... tried to distract me from seeing him, but I got around her... and he said her name in that way that said he was disturbed with her behavior. And she moved out of the dream.

Love,

Val

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
I'm posting this here because this SEEMS to be a follow-up to the "application" dream... it's hard to tell with dreams you know.

It would seem that my "application" was accepted because in this latest dream, I was being prepared. People were showing me what I need to know, how to do this or that... I was paying close attention but nothing really stuck with me when I woke except the last sentence, and that was:

"He knows all about you, but you're going to have to get to know him."

Hmmmmm... how could he know all about me without me knowing anything about him? Where and how could he get information about me without my knowledge? Well in the past year and a half or so, I have poured my heart and soul out on this forum and nowhere else... anyone who has read all my posts here knows more about me than even my family does... it's a possibility then that "he's" a reader of this forum. So I asked the Yi if that were true, and they answered...

<CENTER>1 to 35</CENTER>

I don't know if that's a Yes or not, but it certainly is a pretty intense answer. The Creative to the progress-through-partnership hexagram.
hex35.gif
There's those two arrows together aiming at the same target. Nice thought. And 1.5 is one of the changing lines.

So...

I thought, if that were the case, maybe it wouldn't be a good idea after all to post this dream. And I asked the Yi about the wisdom of doing so. They answered:

<CENTER>8 to 45</CENTER>

hmmmm... hold to him outwardly. If only I could. If he were here right now... I would. I'd hold him very close.

If anyone has any other thoughts on all of this, I'd love to hear them.

Love,

Val

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Val,

Thanks very much for the kind words about my dream interpretations.

I've only had three dreams that I can remember in which someone appeared full size. All three dreams had a very special quality about them that made them extremely memorable.

Bearing in mind that I've been keeping dream notebooks for years, I believe that these dreams are quite rare.

Would you agree? Is this your experience as well?

In the dream with your father on the stairs, was there a quality that you can put your finger on that made the dream memorable for you?

I'm especially interested in how you felt after the dream and how you felt about your father.

Sorry if I sound like the dream police :~) If you'd sooner talk about this off-list my e-mail is frankelmick@aol.com

Very best wishes,

Mick

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Mick...

You don't sound like the dream police at all! And your interpretations of a couple of my dreams helped me tremendously to get past some really big obstacles in my life. The questions you gave me to ask myself were vital to getting to my core. You're another one I will never forget.

I don't mind telling you about the dream about my father at all. And I'm very pleased you offered your email address because I really would rather talk about things offline. Expect an email soon. Thanks!

Love,

Val

C

candid

Val,

In the few months following my dad?s death two years ago, I had numerous dreams of him. As is usual for these sorts of afterlife dreams, he was in his prime. The most notable feature was his hair, which was jet black and shiny, the way I remember him during his prime years. He took great joy in his young and healthy appearance, in the dreams.

During an informal séance I conducted with a mother and her deceased son, he danced in circles, as though delighted in his new body. She then told me he was extremely overweight and died from a heart attack at a relatively young age. He also had "a funny little jig" he used to dance when alive, during times he was especially happy. I, of course, had no way of knowing this. I just watched him dance.

I mention these things because the dead appearing in such meticulous detail ? that which we here could consider vain and unspiritual ? is a recurring theme in visions and dreams. But perhaps it isn?t the vanity that is being expressed, but rather, a new and exquisite body. Also, what you visualize as your dad?s Christian Dior pajamas can be equivalent to princely robes. This accords with reverence for the ancestors. Modern culture creates in us contemporary motifs, but their symbolic references can remain the same as in ancient ritual.

I surely don?t need assurance of the sacredness of music as an expression of 16. Playing music has been my connection to God/gods since I was 4. However, I view music and the associated religious ceremonies as just one expression of 16. 16 can have its dark side as well, as when being excitable over a fantasy or illusion of any kind that makes our mind and heart race. But dark doesn?t always imply unreal. It also represents all those things which we believe in our hearts, but which are unseen, such as the death of a loved one.

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid...

Thanks for sharing your dream experiences. You've given me some things to think about.

The Dior pajamas... I was very much the atheist when I had that dream and kind of figured my subconscious had put him in Dior pajamas so that I would recognize him by one of his strongest characteristics.

He and his brother and sisters all were very conscious of how they dressed... what they wore... the finest woollens, silks... the best designers and manufacturers. My birthday and Christmas gifts from them all were always the best clothes money could buy... and always beautifully professionally wrapped. My dad didn't make a big deal of buying the best either. He just did it. I didn't realize he only preferred the best until I got older and started learning about fashion and recognized all the names as names my father wore.

He didn't sleep in pajamas. He slept in his shorts, and I was always uncomfortable whenever he tried to sneak out of the bedroom without a robe to use the bathroom and I saw him. It was a happy day indeed for me when we moved into a place with the master bath inside the master bedroom. PHEW! *grin*

So I thought then that it was just my subconscious making the visit as comfortable as possible by putting pajamas on him... making them black to affirm he was dead and Dior to fit his nature. But your comments are something to add to the kettle as I rethink the dream.

He wasn't in his prime in the dream. He was the same age he was when he died... but oh so healthy... whereas the last time I'd seen him was the day before he died and he wasn't looking all that healthy.

The purpose of the dream was for closure. There's a background story that I didn't share in my post and a discussion with my dad about that story in the dream that I didn't share here either. It was after that discussion that he shared with me this great new drink he'd discovered. Again, at the time, I thought it was my subconscious letting me know how important drinking plenty of water is to good health. I've been rethinking that "conclusion" as well.

Something of interest I noted about your experience is that my dad was very happy in death as well. Our visit was wonderful, and when I woke from it... I just wanted so badly to go back to sleep to visit with him some more.

Love,

Val

C

candid

Val,

That?s really cool that you?re able to put the dream together with it?s meaning or personal value. Makes sense to me.

Where my own beliefs are concerned about the actuality of those dreams and visions with the dead, I know I can?t say with certainty what is really taking place. The subjective evidence (if there is such a thing) leads me to believe it all quite literally. On the other hand, there?s the possibility of so many unknown forces at work, IE: living energy within our memories of them, residual energy on the earth from their presence, etc. All I can do is accept that I don?t know for sure. Unknowing is what opens my channels. Knowing usually closes them. It all sounds very naive, and it is. But knowledge doesn?t lead to insight nearly as much as personal experience with something does. But between you and me, I believe it more than I doubt it. In fact, much more.

Closure, yes. But also maybe keeping the door to them open, as well. One constant in my dealings with the new dead, is that they seem frustrated that we don?t talk back to them. It?s led me to have greater conscious recognition of them, though not getting swept up into spending too much time there with them. But a small offering to them no longer seems like just a foolish superstition.

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Candid...

THAT was my response the morning I woke from the dream. Now... after the morning I realized what the recurring "men in grey" dream about fate and destiny was telling me, I walked around for days saying "Oh my God" and thinking about things. Everything had changed dramatically for me at that point. And one of the first things I thought was...

"Oh my God... then this means my dad actually DID come and visit me after he died."

Of course, unknowing is a big part of it... BUT when I had that dream, it was so much like he was actually there with me that it came very close to shaking down my belief system then.

Love,

Val

C

candid

Val,

Shaking down our belief system is perhaps the most sacred of all acts. And the most terrifying. But what is ours can not be lost. Right?
happy.gif

S

seeker

Don't usually post here as many of the discussions are a bit out of my element, but I have always had a strong interest in the meaning of dreams, so I read through this one earlier and just thought I would share a bit of irony. I wasn't feeling well and went home to lay down during lunch and fell asleep. I dreamed about a situation that I have been dealing with a few months and got an answer from somewhere of 36 to 37. Just thought it was interesting that I had just read how Yi spoke to you in your dreams and here it was speaking in mine.

Something else, not related to your post, but it happened as I was starting to wake from this dream. I had a lucid moment where I realized I was in the perfect state for meditation, so I slipped into my castle. The first thing I noticed was that the picture is still there. I asked Odin and he said of course its still here, your destiny has not changed. I thought that was odd, so I asked if that was what he thought, that he was part of my destiny. He said what mattered was that that was what I thought. I expressed disappointment that the thoughts expressed there were just my inner thoughts and not something connected to the universe. He responded that they were the same thing, that my thoughts and the universal thoughts are one. When I said that couldn't be because I have thoughts all the time that turn out to be wrong, he said that my waking thoughts were just mine, but that in the castle my innermost thoughts are expressed, those and the thoughts of the universe are one and the same. I was going to go further into it, but my cat chose that moment to decide she wanted to be petted, and all of a sudden she was there in the castle. Odin wanted to know what I brought her for. I explained that she was trying to get my attention, it was not my idea. He responded with well, make sure you take her with you when you leave. She then began kneading my stomach and the sharpness of the claws brought me out, and I woke up laughing.

cal val

visitor
Reaction score
Seeker...

This is all fascinating. Your Odin is telling you the same things I've been feeling since I've been pulled inside myself by the force behind the Yi. I've been pulled from inside myself as well out into a realm I never imagined possible.

I haven't read anything yet about your castle and your Odin, and I'm very curious because of the things you've said here. I would really appreciate it if you would point me toward the post(s) where you've discussed all this before. If you'd rather email me about it than rehash it here, that's just fine with me. My email addie is in my profile.

Please and thank you!

Love,

Val

S

seeker

Nice to meet someone else who can this. I meet a lot of people who meditate, but very few who use it to travel to other realms.

The post is in the Friends Area, 7/15 under Meditation Reading. It gives some detail about the place itself and how I created it. In rereading it, I realized that I left out why though. I took to meditation very quickly, especially in traveling to other realms. We had not done anything like that in class. Someone on an online forum had introduced me to Odin, and I went exploring from there on my own. At one point, I got lost, literally. I wanted to end the meditation and couldn't. When I finally woke up I was in a paralyzed, catatonic state for about 10 minutes. It was the most terrifying experience of my life, especially since I have a phobia about not being able to move to begin with. I spoke with the instructor about my experience and his very next class was about creating safe space. He worked with me individually as well. The problem seemed to come because I had no level of grounding, either in the meditative state or the waking world. At that point I was just drifting through the world with no connection to it, but I was very connected to something beyond. In some ways I miss that. But it was something I used to avoid the reality of my life, and that is never a good thing.

For the one I had today, I realized that I actually a very Tao moment. I have been studying the Tao for the past few months. I would love to explore some other realms again. But lately, it seems like I need to explore the one inside myself, as that is where I keep ending up. I never seem to make it out of the castle, just to different areas within it discussing various things with Odin, Etherea and other aspects of myself.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).