...life can be translucent

Menu

Change Jobs? Hex 24 moving to 26

melcomcosh

visitor
Reaction score
Folks,

Without doing anything proactive, a firm has approached me to work for them. The company is much more creative, which is a lot closer to what I want and who I am, but there is a pay cut. In addition, the job will most likely be very demanding and will require long hours.

I'm also dealing with some significant personal issues: my own health, the health of my partner, and his mother for starters.

I got 24: 2, 3, and 6 changing to 26.

Any insights would be most welcome!

M

J

jesed

Hi Melcox

Just in case the comment could be useful

a) About your answer, what was the question? because, some times there are tiny diferences in the way to apply an answer from one type of question to another.

b) Reading your previous questions, about job and health, I would suggest the following "dialogue"

a) Global Diagnosis of my Time
b) General Diagnosis of my Emotional Time
c) General Diagnosis of my Labor Time
d) General Diagnosis of my Spiritual Time
e) Diagnosis of my concrete situation in my family
f) What is the wiser thing to do to improve my family situation?
g) Diagnosis of my concrete situation in my actual job
fh) What is the wiser thing to do to improve my labor situation?

Maybe is a long path, but I hope this give you a bigger picture that clarify some concrete doubts and decisions.

Best wishes

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, what exactly was the question?

Also, speculate a bit for us: why do you think you drew Hex 24 in answer to your question? In the context of the situation and your question, in what way are you returning or getting back to basics here?

jte

visitor
Reaction score
"I'm also dealing with some significant personal issues: my own health, the health of my partner, and his mother for starters.

I got 24: 2, 3, and 6 changing to 26."

Given what you say about health risks, receiving 24.6 would bother me a lot. To me, that line says don't go forward.

Just my 2 cents,

Jeff

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Yeah, but it looks like he didn't ask about his health; it looks like he asked about the job. And 24>26 is pretty sweet. But that's why it would be useful to know what the question was he asked.

anita

visitor
Reaction score
24 line six moving - is too late, so I don't think it's a good omen.

My two bits

Best for your Quest
Anita

melcomcosh

visitor
Reaction score
Folks,

Thanks for your input. The question was:

"What will the result of joining the new firm be?"

BTW - I'm a female in my late thirties.

Interestingly, when I went to the interview last night. I got the distinct feeling that I was a bit too old for the firm. Not in chronological years, but that my experience had outstripped what they needed me for.

We first spoke 3 years ago and about once a year they come back and we reconnect. Each year, there's something preventing me from joining them.

I kinda felt like "this ship has sailed" and even though I'm sure they'll make me an offer, I feel like it's going backwards.

Make sense?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"We first spoke 3 years ago and about once a year they come back and we reconnect. Each year, there's something preventing me from joining them.

I kinda felt like "this ship has sailed" and even though I'm sure they'll make me an offer, I feel like it's going backwards.

Make sense?"

Yeah, now I understand why you drew 24 - thanks for elaborating on both the question and the situation.

Overall, the message is 'returning to the beginning of the cycle in a way that takes a step up'. So, in some way you're either getting clearer and more skillful about this cycle, or it involves a promotion or evolution of some sort. In the context of a job application, that sounds pretty good.

The only worrying thing is that out of the three active lines you drew, two of them aren't so rosy lol. 24.3 talks about 'incessant returning', which fits exactly with what you've described about your yearly contact with them, and although there's no fault or blame in this, the Yi says it involves danger. I've noticed this in other places in the Yi - it has a fairly dim view of repetition that doesn't produce results. Compounding that is 24.6, which talks about a 'disastrous mistake' if you put great force into motion to accomplish your aim (which sounds like your taking the job if they offer it) - and the whole disaster arises out of some kind of delusion. So - are you fooling yourself about this in some way?

The net result? Gee, I dunno. I'm not confused about Yi results that are mixed, cuz life's like that. But what *does* confuse me is results like you've got here, where overall the message looks auspicious, but at the micro level, there are a lot of worrying signs. Everything considered, it might be saying something like: "In terms of the job, it'd be a step up; in terms of other issues in your life, it would be dangerous and or disastrous."

Sorry, that's the best I can do with it.

But Happy Valentine's Day lol.

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Well, could it be that the warning about the repeated return has to do with not accepting the job once again.. maybe the offer won't be available next time around, as you might have come to expect. Line 6 talks about "missing the return".
If you see the overall message as auspicious, I would interpret those lines as not taking it for granted, this might be your one chance to take this job.

melcomcosh

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Dobro!

I think the key element here is, each time they engage me they don't make an offer, something comes up on one side or the other that makes us back away. If they do make an offer in the next few days, it will be the first time, and it would probably be a pay cut.

The reason I'm even considering this is the creative element. But I think there may be some delusion there, as you've indicated. I'm a writer by trade and do PM work to pay the bills. I keep trying to enter the world of writing, but keep having difficulties. I had hoped this would be a new way in, but I'm not sure they'd see me as anything more than a PM...

It is really confusing, because you're right, on the surface it appears that all is good. Perhaps, however, it's about me realizing my worth, because my current job has just changed yet again to put me on a very prestigious project.

Sigh.

Happy Valentines Day All!

M

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"It is really confusing, because you're right, on the surface it appears that all is good."

Yeah. Another thought that occurs to me a lot in situations like this is the macro/micro interpretation of life events, which goes something like this: although on the micro level events involve suffering, on the macro level it's all to the good, it's all useful experience, it's all material for growth and lessons learned. Fair enough, but if you have an alternative, less unpleasant micro scenario you can pursue, seriously consider that too lol.

J

jesed

Hi Melcox

Just in case the comment could be useful

What will the result of joining the new firm be?
Return of creative energy

This is the basic answer.

In this situation, you can take the related hexagram as your goal.. this renewal should be direct to hold on together and nourishment (hex 26)

To achieve this, you get some particular advices:
a) Protect and be careful with the new oportunity (image)
b) Find good company (line 2)
c) Don't hesitate (line 3)
d) Don't lose the oportunity, or you'll be sorry

Best wishes

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
Jesed, with all respect, your reading for 24.6 is completely misguided. 24.6 says that if you proceed with force, you'll end up in defeat and not be able to get on top of things for a long time. It says that you think you're getting back to where you belong, but you're deluding yourself. That's the warning - that you're deluding yourself in a way which, if acted upon, will lead to a disastrous mistake. The idea that your present, that you can lose out on an opportunity here, is nowhere to be found in 24.6.

I also think your reading of 24.3 is off.

Ask others if you don't believe me.

melcomcosh

visitor
Reaction score
I gotta say that I think Dobro is right here.

I had my final interview today where we talked about the job, and it was clear that my fantasy of it being more creative was essentially that - a bit of wishful thinking. The job is essentially the same as the one I have now, with more responsibility and a substantial pay cut. I pretty much decided then and there that it wasn't for me.

I do want to thank all of you for your time and effort. It was most helpful in a very confusing reading.

M

J

jesed

Hi Dobro

I'll try to explain how I get to that interpretation.

a) The question wasn't present situation, but probable future effects
b) The principal answer is in the judgement and the image... particular lines are particular advices to achieve tendential hexagram
C) Line 6

1.- Is in place 6... a warning... an excess, and a time that is already out of the Sign
2.- is soft line in soft place... sounds correct; but beacuse 24 time is the return of yang in its own propper time, is really a mistake
3.- Doesn't have a good correspondence relationship with line 3... line 3 doesn't return firmly.. but some times return and some times desviate again... imply hesitation in following one direction. That hesitation doesn't allow line 6 achieve the return when is propper time to return, but missed it
4.- Doesn't have a good solidarity relationship with line 5... line 5 achieve the return in propper time.. so line 6 miss the propper time to achieve the return
5.- the cause of line 24.6 is found in 28.6: is time to cross the river because now the water is already over the head
6.- the future effect if following the advice of not lose the propper time to renewal is found in 27.6: even the risky task of crossing the river can be achieve
7.- the text of the line doesn't talk about delusion... just about "lost return"... one can lost the return because of delusion, indeed; but also because dont' act in propper time and beacuse losing an oportunity
8.- Wilhelm's comment refers about both losing the propper time to return and interior misguide.. th interior misguide causes one lose the oportunity of return (renewal energy)

Now, applying this to the concrete question, I don't see that if is time to a renewal, (and this change can be understand at the light of renewal profesional life), impllies that the consultant is in delusion. Just a warning: you have doubts.. don't allow that doubts make you lose the oportunity of renewal

Best wishes

luz

visitor
Reaction score
Lise on line 6:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

One feels the right Way deep down inside, in one?s ?bones?. If there are other thing overruling this primitive knowledge, even if they are rational, of common sense, or things people ?approve? of, the results of one?s actions, even one?s entire life, will be a big disaster. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
I think this is a little bit like what Jesed is saying. It talks more about deluding yourself into not following your heart.

J

jesed

ps... about the mistake of using force...

I agree with that.. is in the text (using army) and derivated from the analisis of the line (soft line in soft place)

But... the mistake is using the army WHEN THE TIME HAS GONE (when the road is close, see the image).. see also Bradford's comment.

And here is when knowing that the question WASN'T about present situation but FUTURE posibilities is useful: there would be a time IN THE FUTURE when would be too late.

So, now (when the road is not close yet) "don't lose the oportunity or you'll be sorry"

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
There's nothing about an 'opportunity' in 24.6. In fact, quite the opposite.

J

jesed

maybe i didn't express well:

if the line 24.6 is in THE PRESENT... the return is already lost

if the line 24.6 is in the FUTURE... the return is not lost yet.. so you have for a short time the oportunity to achieve the return (see cause and effect of the line)

Every time you have a warning line in the future.. you have a little time to avoid get into that line. 24.6 is not a diference.

in this case, the line wasn't in the present (because the question wasn't "how is my actual situation?") but in the future ("What will the result of joining the new firm be?")

Now, after the last post of Melcox... she is in 24.6 now... she had decide to refuse joining the new firm ... the renewal of creative energy promised if she join the firm is missed.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
"if the line 24.6 is in the FUTURE... the return is not lost yet.."

Ah, okay, *now* I understand where you're taking this. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).