...life can be translucent

Menu

61 all lines moving

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
I got this recently when asking about the long-term outlook of my primary relationship. In fact, I am probably going to separate, but I asked the question what if we stayed together.

(kind of insincere question, maybe?)

I read in one old thread that all lines moving means things are too chaotic, and one should only focus on the relating hexagram, and cast again.

I also seem to vaguely recall 61 all lines moving being mentioned in another old thread, but can't find it now.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this kind of reading, or any memory of that other thread?

lindsay

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Pakua. Getting all moving lines certainly yields a perplexing reading. How seriously can we take a primary hexagram that is about to morph into its complete opposite? Perhaps we can see it as the starting point in a process of complete upheaval. In this case, we begin with Inner Truth, but every feature of the one?s truth is about to be twisted and turned and compromised until one is completely at the mercy of excessive smallness (Hex 62). The tyranny of detail, enslavement to a million minor worries, cramped and squeezed by petty ideas and narrow goals. Only modest and sensible dreams will do: don?t fly too high! Don?t ask too much! Don?t try too hard! Don?t think too much! This is not your original Inner Truth, this is not where you started. Go back there instead.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed on the total upheaval, everything changing. I wonder whether what you have here means something like, 'If you are to stay together, really together, here is what would have to happen.'

Another take on the development from 61 to 62. The sequence says (more or less) that when you possess truth, you naturally want to act on it. So that brings inner visions (of the ideal relationship, a conviction of what you have to give - for instance) out into the real world. It tends to feel pretty much like Lindsay described.

But this might just be the way to express your Inner Truth - making the transition painstakingly, modestly, carefully, through small things - with real-world wisdom. Mother Theresa said, 'We cannot do great things in this world, we can only do small things with great love.'

Whether you think the inner truth can survive when every last bit of it has to be turned around and changed to find expression in the relationship... whether you want to undertake any such thing... is quite another matter...

C

candid

Strikes me that it is the small details of this relational experience where all points of inner truth apply. Not the grand vision of the relationship but the several moving parts.

lines:
1. preparation and intent
2. involuntary/natural influence
3. stabilizing emotions
4. following a high ideal
5. truth which links
6. announcement

These are the stages and details to which inner truth applies. It reads like a proper courtship, culminating in the proclamation of marriage.

I think it?s auspicious.

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm inclined to read this answer as: 62 is what you perceive and expect, but this is not 62, it is 61.
One possible interpretation is: forget about all these details for the moment. What you need here first of all is sincerity, toward yourself and toward the other.
Perhaps this means that there is or has been an overdose of analysis and criticism and a lack of feeling, a lack of openness in the heart.
62 corresponds to a narrow sharp focus. Zoom in. Although a sharp focus can be very useful the wider view of 61 seems to be more appropriate here. Zoom out.
62 is also rather closed, hard and rigid. 61 is softer, more fluid and welcoming. And 62 is goal oriented, ambitious, with a tendency to become blinded by goals. Like the bird that flies too high.
61 allows more drifting, looking sideways, going sideways. The way is wide, not a tunnel. And there is always time for a picnic or a dance
happy.gif
. In 61 being and living - alone or together - is more important than what we might reach or not reach.
61 emphasizes the soul, not the goal. And eternity, not time. Please remove your watch ..

I don't know if this answer of the Yi says anything about the future of the relationship in the sense of staying together or not. I guess it doesn't. But judging from this answer the way of feeling, the way of the Heart, is the way to go. Then come what may come.
I like the idea of application of inner truth to details, that others brought forward. Well, maybe that is what will happen. But first .. 61.

megabbobby

visitor
Reaction score
{h61} {h62}

hex 61 actually a giant 'fire trigram'
hex 62 actually a giant 'water trigram'

pakua

visitor
Reaction score
Wow. I am in awe. I can see how far I have yet to travel down this road. I can see the skill of course while reading the other posts, but somehow it really strikes home when reading about myself.

Thanks all you guys for giving your time.

It's like looking at one of those puzzle things, and you turn it slightly and see a whole different view, but still basically the same. Amazing.

Strange, that staying together would indicate so much change. I'm certain separating will bring huge changes. Well, perhaps not so strange, since the only way staying together would work would be a complete and utter metamorphosis, culminating in a new marriage, but really I think it's too late. It seems more fruitful for what I want to try somewhere else.

It does seem though, that I can take the readings and apply them to the separation process as well. You all captured basic elements of my relationship as it stands now and has been, and some of my thoughts and worries about how to separate correctly and what is coming.

So perhaps the reading shows "the relationship", whether staying or going, the way it currently is, and what you can do in the context of your question. Which is not so much, "what will happen", as "what can I do". But maybe that's only one way of looking at it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).