Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in need of help with my situation. I don't know what to do anymore.
I am trying to move from the expensive area I live in in NY state to a less expensive place in Pennsylvania. The problem is I get a housing certificate so I can only rent something within a certain price range and the bigger problem is the apartment needs to be wheelchair accessible which if anyone is not familiar with that problem is very difficult. A number of factors have to be in place in order for someone in a wheelchair to be able to live somewhere, such as getting in the front door, and having bed rooms on the first floor and most difficultly having a bathroom you can get into and utilize. Than you have to find a landlord that wants you as a tenant.
I found a wonderful place and it's in a safe area but the housing authority in Penn. won't let me rent it because it's a little over my income budget. The housing authority in NY called and tried to negotiate for me but she was told no, I couldn't rent it.
Should I call the people in Penn. myself and tell them how very difficult it is to find an accessible apartment within any price range and that I really need them to make an exception for me (they have the power to do this, if they want to) And that is the reading I got 17.1.5.6-35 I think it says I should call them. Can anyone please help me. It's the start of a long weekend here and I want to call them tomorrow or else I won;t be able till speak to them till Tuesday and I'm afraid the new landord will not want to wait.
Thanks.
I am trying to move from the expensive area I live in in NY state to a less expensive place in Pennsylvania. The problem is I get a housing certificate so I can only rent something within a certain price range and the bigger problem is the apartment needs to be wheelchair accessible which if anyone is not familiar with that problem is very difficult. A number of factors have to be in place in order for someone in a wheelchair to be able to live somewhere, such as getting in the front door, and having bed rooms on the first floor and most difficultly having a bathroom you can get into and utilize. Than you have to find a landlord that wants you as a tenant.
I found a wonderful place and it's in a safe area but the housing authority in Penn. won't let me rent it because it's a little over my income budget. The housing authority in NY called and tried to negotiate for me but she was told no, I couldn't rent it.
Should I call the people in Penn. myself and tell them how very difficult it is to find an accessible apartment within any price range and that I really need them to make an exception for me (they have the power to do this, if they want to) And that is the reading I got 17.1.5.6-35 I think it says I should call them. Can anyone please help me. It's the start of a long weekend here and I want to call them tomorrow or else I won;t be able till speak to them till Tuesday and I'm afraid the new landord will not want to wait.
Thanks.