Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
- Joined
- May 29, 2006
- Messages
- 30,829
- Reaction score
- 6,406
Look I've been here before http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?7363-61-unchanging
That thread is 6 years old. Am I six years wiser in regard to the message 61uc can deliver ?
Mmmm I see it a bit differently now, in particular I think of how the experience of 61uc contrasts with the experience of 62uc. In 61 one's own truth, one's own consciousness looms large. It fills the whole horizon it is so true. It's big but it's big in the way your teeth feel big in your mouth. Everything in your own mouth feels BIG to you. Your teeth are TRUE, they are there in your head and they are very important. They can affect your life a lot. But outside of your mouth your teeth don't count for much. They aren't as important to anyone else. 61 could look a bit like a mouth. Dui, lake below and Xun, wind above. I see 61 as referring to inner truth...which is lucky because that is the name of the hexagram. I actually wrote that without thinking that yes it was the name of the hexagram. I don't feel it is all about 'truth' itself but one's own inner truth, one's subjectivity that counts for so much from the inside looking out.
Of course in 62 it's the reverse. One's own truth, one's own subjectivity doesn't count for a whole lot in the landscape of the question you find yourself in. You're a small bird carrying that message of inner truth against a great big sky.
Lise
I'm not sure what was meant by 'hulk' ....but I am quoting from an old printout from a forum.
Actually I'd now say that one needs to beware of inner giants in 61. Not to be wary as such, but be aware of how intensely real this is to you...and of course that overlaps with 62.
Maybe with 61uc your inner truth is the truth about the matter you enquire about ? That is to say there no is objective truth against which your truth on the matter can be measured. With 62uc your truth can be measured, seen as distinct from the truth, reality of your environment.
So very broadly I'm seeing 61uc can be that your inner world is all on this matter, whatever it is, and in 62 your outer world counts for more in terms of where you need to be.
Experiences Well, on looking through my journal I only note the times I have cast 61uc I seemed to be seeking some confirmation that things were as I thought they were regarding relations with various others.
That's all. I found no questions on anything especially tangible, I appeared to be seeking reflections.
Hilary writes of the pair in her book
Wing writes of 61 unchanging
Interesting.
How have you personally experienced 61 unchanging in your readings ?
That thread is 6 years old. Am I six years wiser in regard to the message 61uc can deliver ?
Mmmm I see it a bit differently now, in particular I think of how the experience of 61uc contrasts with the experience of 62uc. In 61 one's own truth, one's own consciousness looms large. It fills the whole horizon it is so true. It's big but it's big in the way your teeth feel big in your mouth. Everything in your own mouth feels BIG to you. Your teeth are TRUE, they are there in your head and they are very important. They can affect your life a lot. But outside of your mouth your teeth don't count for much. They aren't as important to anyone else. 61 could look a bit like a mouth. Dui, lake below and Xun, wind above. I see 61 as referring to inner truth...which is lucky because that is the name of the hexagram. I actually wrote that without thinking that yes it was the name of the hexagram. I don't feel it is all about 'truth' itself but one's own inner truth, one's subjectivity that counts for so much from the inside looking out.
Of course in 62 it's the reverse. One's own truth, one's own subjectivity doesn't count for a whole lot in the landscape of the question you find yourself in. You're a small bird carrying that message of inner truth against a great big sky.
Lise
Hulk
61 - Stone-age still lives under the surface
62 - Beware of the inner giants, act like a dwarf
I'm not sure what was meant by 'hulk' ....but I am quoting from an old printout from a forum.
Actually I'd now say that one needs to beware of inner giants in 61. Not to be wary as such, but be aware of how intensely real this is to you...and of course that overlaps with 62.
Maybe with 61uc your inner truth is the truth about the matter you enquire about ? That is to say there no is objective truth against which your truth on the matter can be measured. With 62uc your truth can be measured, seen as distinct from the truth, reality of your environment.
So very broadly I'm seeing 61uc can be that your inner world is all on this matter, whatever it is, and in 62 your outer world counts for more in terms of where you need to be.
Experiences Well, on looking through my journal I only note the times I have cast 61uc I seemed to be seeking some confirmation that things were as I thought they were regarding relations with various others.
That's all. I found no questions on anything especially tangible, I appeared to be seeking reflections.
Hilary writes of the pair in her book
'Small Exceeding steps over the line; Inner Truth means trust.'
With Inner Truth, you have complete confidence; things feel stable and dependable. Small exceeding is the opposite experience: stepping out into the world, feeling small, exposed and out of balance, constantly aware of the need to adapt.
Wing writes of 61 unchanging
The upper trigram of penetrating efforts, SUN, is enhanced and amplified by the rising lower trigram, TUI, openness. Hence an open attitude achieves true penetration and INSIGHT into the situation. This must be accomplished before any action can take place. In it's static state this hexagram suggests that the object of your inquiry cannot be affected at all, nor will it affect you, until a sincere rapport is established. Begin on this immediately.
Interesting.
How have you personally experienced 61 unchanging in your readings ?
). In the middle of that, I checked the internet once more, and it had appeared on my bank statement. I think Yi was telling me that everything was okay, that the transaction had been recorded while I was typing about it. The inner, underlying truth was that everything was fine and taken care of, even though I hadn't gotten the external confirmation I expected.
) "Piglets and fishes are indeed good fortune - so where are mine??"