Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
answeredquestions
visitor
- Joined
- Feb 19, 2010
- Messages
- 1,260
- Reaction score
- 24
Is this Lofting's own personal take on the i ching? does anyone have experience with this book? I sort of want to check it out. It seems like he gets pretty philosophical and branches out a bit from the core meanings. I might like that. Take care.
Deep down in my bones I want to disagree. When I think about the old sages or whomever it was that originally were author/authors of the Yi, I think of them as looking around at nature and gathering understanding. Jotting down notes and talking about what they have seen. They feel the thunder and not far after Spring starts again. They mentally or textually jot the experience.
And who am I to know someone's intentions?... just a thought. I guess no one really knows.......
I don't know why I want to think that it was originally their intentions to understand before using, but I am starting to get it dispite my stubborn thinking. It is starting to make sense to me because of what Hilary said, and from personal experience, because I myself use the I Ching daily but do not yet understand it. ( and who actually fully understands it? )