Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
D
dharma
Guest
Question #1-For the holidays this year, I wrote to three individuals that I've had difficulties with over the years in an effort to make peace with them. My relationships to all three, although very different one from the other, are similar in the sense that we all share a common personality type and we struggle to come to terms with it in relationship to each other. I ended up writing only one letter as it contained everything I wanted to say to ALL of them, only making adjustments to each one to reflect the individual nature of each relationship. However, the basic message was virtually the same for all three.
Of course, there were no demands or expectations made and I left the door open for them to maintain contact with me. I would very much like to work things out with these three individuals and be on good terms with them, and though I am under no illusions about who I am, who they are and what is involved in each case, still, I wonder what is the response I am likely to get and what I can expect from each of them. I cast the I Ching and got: 60/8 for X, 35/8 for Y, and 8/8 for Z. I focused on each person each time I cast, with the desire to understand what their reaction/subsequent responses to the letter are likely be.
I have a vague understanding of each reading based on what I know about X,Y, and Z personally and in relation to my rudimentary understanding of the I Ching but would be interested in anyone else's interpretations if anyone is so inclined. I am greatly curious about the repetition of #8 and would like to know more about the significance of this particular hexagram. Thanks.
Question #2-I would like to inquire about the nature of changing lines. If a line changes in the first hexagram (say line 1) is it's meaning similar or somehow relevant to the first line in the second hexagram? In other words, would one read the changing line in the second hexagram for FURTHER clarification on the original changing line?
Question #3-Hilary once mentioned that every month has a hexagram associated with it. For example, December and hexagram 24. In that case, what would be the hexagrams that reflect the other months? Also, is it possible for more than one hexagram to be associated with each month?
Finally, with the holidays upon us, I don't expect a response any time soon. However, I will be looking forward to any ideas and input that anyone wishes to share with me in the new year.
Happy Holidays to all who I've had the pleasure of communicating with this past year--I look forward to getting to know you all better in 2002.
with love,
Dharma
Of course, there were no demands or expectations made and I left the door open for them to maintain contact with me. I would very much like to work things out with these three individuals and be on good terms with them, and though I am under no illusions about who I am, who they are and what is involved in each case, still, I wonder what is the response I am likely to get and what I can expect from each of them. I cast the I Ching and got: 60/8 for X, 35/8 for Y, and 8/8 for Z. I focused on each person each time I cast, with the desire to understand what their reaction/subsequent responses to the letter are likely be.
I have a vague understanding of each reading based on what I know about X,Y, and Z personally and in relation to my rudimentary understanding of the I Ching but would be interested in anyone else's interpretations if anyone is so inclined. I am greatly curious about the repetition of #8 and would like to know more about the significance of this particular hexagram. Thanks.
Question #2-I would like to inquire about the nature of changing lines. If a line changes in the first hexagram (say line 1) is it's meaning similar or somehow relevant to the first line in the second hexagram? In other words, would one read the changing line in the second hexagram for FURTHER clarification on the original changing line?
Question #3-Hilary once mentioned that every month has a hexagram associated with it. For example, December and hexagram 24. In that case, what would be the hexagrams that reflect the other months? Also, is it possible for more than one hexagram to be associated with each month?
Finally, with the holidays upon us, I don't expect a response any time soon. However, I will be looking forward to any ideas and input that anyone wishes to share with me in the new year.
Happy Holidays to all who I've had the pleasure of communicating with this past year--I look forward to getting to know you all better in 2002.
with love,
Dharma