Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
forty two
visitor
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2012
- Messages
- 124
- Reaction score
- 4
Hi all,
as some of you already know I`m dealing with an ancient and well guarded divination technique called Wen Wang Gua since while.
I will write an explanation thread about this theme, when I will find the time for it, so that you all can follow the topic soon. But for the moment I am most interested into a few but very important questions concerning the rules of Wen Wang Gua so this thread is for those who knows already the rules or at least parts of it and could help to find out all original rules.
There seem to be differences concerning the rules of Wen Wang Gua. Jack Chiu (author: The Secret Of Wen Wang Gua) often use the phrase "it is said that..", "some Wen Wang Gua practioners think...", "it is written..." and so on. Alex Chiu (superiching.com) also uses a lot of rules and it is not for sure that they are all original. Some shall be invented from himself and so I will try to find out here (by time) all original rules of Wen Wang Gua and I start giving my input with the rules which are sure for me.
1. Bound and Strike called by Alex Chiu is existing (of course) and it is called conjunction and opposition at the book of Jack Chiu.
2. "The Day Branch is the Master of the six lines" is written at "The Gold Yarrows" the ancient rule book of Wen Wang Gua and Alex Chiu says the same. Jack Chiu used this quote at his book so we can assume this is also correct.
3. Element Combinations (Water, Fire, Earth, Wood combinations) also exist. Alex Chiu called them Element Combos and Jack Chiu calls them Trine.
4. Struck loose called by Alex Chiu is also original. Jack Chiu calls it the aggressive inactive caused by opposition if a quiet line is struck by the date and "be shackled" if an active line is canceled out by conjunction with the day branch.
5. "An inactive line will become somewhat active when it is in conjunction with the day branch" is written at Jack Chiu`s book and Alex Chui says the same so we also can feel secure in this point.
6. Advance and Retreat: Is described at Jack Chiu`s book and Alex Chiu also talked a lot about it. Jack Chui said that Advancing means double force/strength and Retreating means only half force/strength. This is very important and that is why I mention here.
7. The concept of empty dates is also real and makes sense if one thinks about that there are only 10 heavenly stems but 12 earthly branches. Alex Chiu calls them empty dates and the line with the empty element is called empty. Jack Chiu calls it neutralized line.
8. "Kills back at itself" called by Alex Chiu is also original and Jack Chiu calls it "Returning Devitalization". But this is only possible at an active (moving) line. I guess this was not entirely clear at the material of Alex Chiu at least I first understood after I read the book of Jack Chiu.
9. "Double Appointed" by Alex Chiu is not described at the book of Jack Chiu but the words about it from Alex Chiu makes sense for me. So: If someone knows definitely, please help.
10. "Six Strike and Six Match" by Alex Chiu is also not described at the book of Jack Chiu but it seems to be original because Long Yi used "Six Conflict" as the name for a certain hexagram so I suppose this is also original.
11. "Links" called by Alex Chiu are also not mentioned at the book of Jack Chiu and so this is a huge puzzle for me still. I don`t understand this link philosophy, but maybe I am just to stupid,lol. I will go on reading and hopefully understand soon.
12. Relationship among the Five Relatives called by Jack Chiu and called 5 Stars by Alex Chiu is the same and described as the same by both authors.
13. 6 Celestial Figures called by Jack Chiu is completely missing at the material of Alex Chiu but it is part of original Wen Wang Gua. At the book of Jack Chiu you will find a table where you can find out how to mount the Six Celestial Figures to the lines. They gives you additional insights.
14. Rules concerning the hidden element: Seems to be identic too at the material of Alex Chiu and Jack Chiu but I have to prove this entirely.
15. "Traps" by Alex Chiu I first have to prove this before saying something about it.
16. "Gua strikes back" by Alex Chiu. I haven`t read this chapter until now, but Jack Chiu doesn`t meantion it.
This is not the complete list, but a beginning. I first wrote down the basic rules. There are a lot of certain rules for certain scenarios in addition so this here is just a trial to begin the topic here, at least.
I will edit (and complete) this from time to time and I will also post the original chinese names for all, but not today. I`m pretty busy with moving into another flat and so you have to be patiently with me at the moment.
This is just for starting the discussion and the exchange of knowledge and experiances.
Best wishes Yvonne
as some of you already know I`m dealing with an ancient and well guarded divination technique called Wen Wang Gua since while.
I will write an explanation thread about this theme, when I will find the time for it, so that you all can follow the topic soon. But for the moment I am most interested into a few but very important questions concerning the rules of Wen Wang Gua so this thread is for those who knows already the rules or at least parts of it and could help to find out all original rules.
There seem to be differences concerning the rules of Wen Wang Gua. Jack Chiu (author: The Secret Of Wen Wang Gua) often use the phrase "it is said that..", "some Wen Wang Gua practioners think...", "it is written..." and so on. Alex Chiu (superiching.com) also uses a lot of rules and it is not for sure that they are all original. Some shall be invented from himself and so I will try to find out here (by time) all original rules of Wen Wang Gua and I start giving my input with the rules which are sure for me.
1. Bound and Strike called by Alex Chiu is existing (of course) and it is called conjunction and opposition at the book of Jack Chiu.
2. "The Day Branch is the Master of the six lines" is written at "The Gold Yarrows" the ancient rule book of Wen Wang Gua and Alex Chiu says the same. Jack Chiu used this quote at his book so we can assume this is also correct.
3. Element Combinations (Water, Fire, Earth, Wood combinations) also exist. Alex Chiu called them Element Combos and Jack Chiu calls them Trine.
4. Struck loose called by Alex Chiu is also original. Jack Chiu calls it the aggressive inactive caused by opposition if a quiet line is struck by the date and "be shackled" if an active line is canceled out by conjunction with the day branch.
5. "An inactive line will become somewhat active when it is in conjunction with the day branch" is written at Jack Chiu`s book and Alex Chui says the same so we also can feel secure in this point.
6. Advance and Retreat: Is described at Jack Chiu`s book and Alex Chiu also talked a lot about it. Jack Chui said that Advancing means double force/strength and Retreating means only half force/strength. This is very important and that is why I mention here.
7. The concept of empty dates is also real and makes sense if one thinks about that there are only 10 heavenly stems but 12 earthly branches. Alex Chiu calls them empty dates and the line with the empty element is called empty. Jack Chiu calls it neutralized line.
8. "Kills back at itself" called by Alex Chiu is also original and Jack Chiu calls it "Returning Devitalization". But this is only possible at an active (moving) line. I guess this was not entirely clear at the material of Alex Chiu at least I first understood after I read the book of Jack Chiu.
9. "Double Appointed" by Alex Chiu is not described at the book of Jack Chiu but the words about it from Alex Chiu makes sense for me. So: If someone knows definitely, please help.
10. "Six Strike and Six Match" by Alex Chiu is also not described at the book of Jack Chiu but it seems to be original because Long Yi used "Six Conflict" as the name for a certain hexagram so I suppose this is also original.
11. "Links" called by Alex Chiu are also not mentioned at the book of Jack Chiu and so this is a huge puzzle for me still. I don`t understand this link philosophy, but maybe I am just to stupid,lol. I will go on reading and hopefully understand soon.
12. Relationship among the Five Relatives called by Jack Chiu and called 5 Stars by Alex Chiu is the same and described as the same by both authors.
13. 6 Celestial Figures called by Jack Chiu is completely missing at the material of Alex Chiu but it is part of original Wen Wang Gua. At the book of Jack Chiu you will find a table where you can find out how to mount the Six Celestial Figures to the lines. They gives you additional insights.
14. Rules concerning the hidden element: Seems to be identic too at the material of Alex Chiu and Jack Chiu but I have to prove this entirely.
15. "Traps" by Alex Chiu I first have to prove this before saying something about it.
16. "Gua strikes back" by Alex Chiu. I haven`t read this chapter until now, but Jack Chiu doesn`t meantion it.
This is not the complete list, but a beginning. I first wrote down the basic rules. There are a lot of certain rules for certain scenarios in addition so this here is just a trial to begin the topic here, at least.
I will edit (and complete) this from time to time and I will also post the original chinese names for all, but not today. I`m pretty busy with moving into another flat and so you have to be patiently with me at the moment.
This is just for starting the discussion and the exchange of knowledge and experiances.
Best wishes Yvonne