...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 10 no changing lines and feelings

folledeschiele

visitor
Reaction score
Hello to all.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to provide some insight on drawing 10, Treading, no changing lines, when asking whether feelings and impulses should be acted on or restrained. I find this hexagram paradoxical because it seems to suggest caution and polite behavior, eg staying within the lines of decorum rather than letting the passions guide, but it's also about risking stepping on that tiger's tail. Not sure how to interpret this.

Thanks!

marien

visitor
Reaction score
Hi folledeschiele,

You've got it, it's advance with restraint. In my experience, 10 unchanging has been a warning that there's some element of danger involved, and that caution is required. In terms of your question, I think it says go for it, yet go slow, one step at a time, and recognize that you're not the one with the power in this case. Maybe gather what information you can before you start, as there's often an element of the unknown involved. I've had both successful and unsuccessful outcomes with Treading, for whatever it's worth.

Happy trails,
Mary

mary f

visitor
Reaction score
Same to me Mary.
For instance, there's somebody who works with me who I think is not very trustable. Every time I threw coins I got Hex.10. In my work position I have to move but towards this person I'm always very cautious.
Good luck folledeschiele.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).