Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
Hello,
It's been a while since I've contributed anything here but I'm still carrying the I ching along with me
I have started using the marble method too, which is apparently more accurate than 3 coins because the process makes it most likely for you to produce an unchanging yin line, which due to the passive nature of yin, is less likely to move than an acive yang line.. thus you're least likely to get a yin changing to a yang line.. anyhoo. It does feel different doing it this way actually... softer answers maybe or that could be in my head.
I feel I have three choices ahead of me but I have a feeling I'm not the one in the driving seat anyway so maybe I needn't fret so much. I'm relaxing at home at the moment but looking to leave soon, although not sure what'd be most suited to me - or favourable given the current climate (of my abilities and needs as well as the economic climate etc.)
1. Pursue living abroad even if I don't get my ideal position (as a writer/editor in an educational institution) and have to teach English again (which I kind of enjoyed in China but I don't feel I was the best at it - but I had a lot of fun and travelling in general is always so rewarding!)
2.2 > 7
Looking into this line it seems to be advising to let nature take it's course - 'things evolve as they should' - and no need to study and rehearse? (Although I'm sure I will have to if I want to be a good teacher, which I don't feel wholeheartedly inclined to do at the moment) It talks about repetition - which would be the case as I taught English in China recently. As a means to be paid? But then it also says 'Doing nothing nothing not done'? Confusing line for me. Maybe it means whatever I relax into. (I am also waiting to hear from the writer/editor position about an interview, so it does depend on them) so I should let myself be guided?
2. Pursue work experience with a literary agency in London and then look for jobs in publishing? (ie. start on my 'career' and stay in Britain). Appeals because of the idea of independency and making money and pursuing my interest.
2.1,2 > 19
Same line plus 2.1! Which seems to mean if I follow this path it'll solidify and I'll be on firm ground - supported and stable. And it'd also be a period of growth and profit if I follow this course. I guess it's kind of the most sensible of the three. But also maybe that it could dominate my life and I'd find it hard to get out of? I.e. I wouldn't be able to go gallavanting off and I wouldn't be as free as I've been in my life up till now... entering the world of 9-5 etc, and staying there?
3. Finally, I have been attending creative writing classes, on and off, and really enjoy them. I'd like to think myself a writer, (budding that is), but I don't know if I can justify it because I don't feel that I'm good at writing stories, in day-to-day life when I have spare time I am not excited or compelled to write (though i wish I was), but then again I often write sentences and dialogues, and have ideas, just when I start writing a story with actually characters etc. I start to lose interest and stop short, or keep going but not seem to be able to write what I enjoy reading myself! Although I do get praise and encouragement from my creative writing tutor, I guess I don't believe it that much.
I asked what if I stayed home and saved money (which has the danger of me going mad at home though and possibly feel deprived of experiences and people etc) for doing a Masters in Creative writing next year in the University of East Anglia (Norwich) which my tutor told me was the best place to study. Thing is, it's stupidly expensive (writing MAs being almost £1000 more than other MAs for some reason!) And I'm not sure if I have enough talent to justify doing it, and it seems a bit frivolous considering... But then again, I'm pretty sure it'd put me on the best footing to prioritize writing. And maybe you just need to get into the habit of writing stories. I often think, when I start, oh this plot-line has been done before etc., but I guess most are recycled but that doesn't stop you enjoying it, if the writing is different and of an original view-point etc. I love reading novels - especially realistic ones - and don't get bored, but when I try to write my own, I kind of get bored... or at least too philosophical and introspective rather than writing about action and describing characters and settings etc..
It's just with publishing, I'd be looking for editing positions which I have experience in and enjoy when I'm editing something interesting, but you're basically reading something that came from someone else and not having to think much. Although I have a passion for literature and would love to read manuscripts etc and give criticism etc.
I received: 35.1,3,6 > 55
Could this be saying that though I lack self-confidence in my ability (35.1), I'll have support (35.3) but it'll require really going for it (and I could go OTT ie. spending lots of money on it?) (35.6) Perhaps if I didn't try at least, I'd regret it down the line?
And could hex 55 be suggesting it'd be a good opportunity to take advantage of doing now while I'm young and without responsibility? Or that real life will eclipse the idea? Or I'd reach a peak, maybe I already have, and my interest and ability to write would wane?
I often think maybe I need to live life more, have more experience, before I could write properly anyway. I think if you want to be a writer it's important to say yes to things, so that you have lots of situations to draw upon etc.
I would really appreciate any advice re these lines. Not 100% sure. I don't think any of them are bad or warning me off any of the three, or am I not seeing something?
Thanks for your help and for reading!
:bows:
It's been a while since I've contributed anything here but I'm still carrying the I ching along with me
I feel I have three choices ahead of me but I have a feeling I'm not the one in the driving seat anyway so maybe I needn't fret so much. I'm relaxing at home at the moment but looking to leave soon, although not sure what'd be most suited to me - or favourable given the current climate (of my abilities and needs as well as the economic climate etc.)
1. Pursue living abroad even if I don't get my ideal position (as a writer/editor in an educational institution) and have to teach English again (which I kind of enjoyed in China but I don't feel I was the best at it - but I had a lot of fun and travelling in general is always so rewarding!)
2.2 > 7
Looking into this line it seems to be advising to let nature take it's course - 'things evolve as they should' - and no need to study and rehearse? (Although I'm sure I will have to if I want to be a good teacher, which I don't feel wholeheartedly inclined to do at the moment) It talks about repetition - which would be the case as I taught English in China recently. As a means to be paid? But then it also says 'Doing nothing nothing not done'? Confusing line for me. Maybe it means whatever I relax into. (I am also waiting to hear from the writer/editor position about an interview, so it does depend on them) so I should let myself be guided?
2. Pursue work experience with a literary agency in London and then look for jobs in publishing? (ie. start on my 'career' and stay in Britain). Appeals because of the idea of independency and making money and pursuing my interest.
2.1,2 > 19
Same line plus 2.1! Which seems to mean if I follow this path it'll solidify and I'll be on firm ground - supported and stable. And it'd also be a period of growth and profit if I follow this course. I guess it's kind of the most sensible of the three. But also maybe that it could dominate my life and I'd find it hard to get out of? I.e. I wouldn't be able to go gallavanting off and I wouldn't be as free as I've been in my life up till now... entering the world of 9-5 etc, and staying there?
3. Finally, I have been attending creative writing classes, on and off, and really enjoy them. I'd like to think myself a writer, (budding that is), but I don't know if I can justify it because I don't feel that I'm good at writing stories, in day-to-day life when I have spare time I am not excited or compelled to write (though i wish I was), but then again I often write sentences and dialogues, and have ideas, just when I start writing a story with actually characters etc. I start to lose interest and stop short, or keep going but not seem to be able to write what I enjoy reading myself! Although I do get praise and encouragement from my creative writing tutor, I guess I don't believe it that much.
I asked what if I stayed home and saved money (which has the danger of me going mad at home though and possibly feel deprived of experiences and people etc) for doing a Masters in Creative writing next year in the University of East Anglia (Norwich) which my tutor told me was the best place to study. Thing is, it's stupidly expensive (writing MAs being almost £1000 more than other MAs for some reason!) And I'm not sure if I have enough talent to justify doing it, and it seems a bit frivolous considering... But then again, I'm pretty sure it'd put me on the best footing to prioritize writing. And maybe you just need to get into the habit of writing stories. I often think, when I start, oh this plot-line has been done before etc., but I guess most are recycled but that doesn't stop you enjoying it, if the writing is different and of an original view-point etc. I love reading novels - especially realistic ones - and don't get bored, but when I try to write my own, I kind of get bored... or at least too philosophical and introspective rather than writing about action and describing characters and settings etc..
It's just with publishing, I'd be looking for editing positions which I have experience in and enjoy when I'm editing something interesting, but you're basically reading something that came from someone else and not having to think much. Although I have a passion for literature and would love to read manuscripts etc and give criticism etc.
I received: 35.1,3,6 > 55
Could this be saying that though I lack self-confidence in my ability (35.1), I'll have support (35.3) but it'll require really going for it (and I could go OTT ie. spending lots of money on it?) (35.6) Perhaps if I didn't try at least, I'd regret it down the line?
And could hex 55 be suggesting it'd be a good opportunity to take advantage of doing now while I'm young and without responsibility? Or that real life will eclipse the idea? Or I'd reach a peak, maybe I already have, and my interest and ability to write would wane?
I often think maybe I need to live life more, have more experience, before I could write properly anyway. I think if you want to be a writer it's important to say yes to things, so that you have lots of situations to draw upon etc.
I would really appreciate any advice re these lines. Not 100% sure. I don't think any of them are bad or warning me off any of the three, or am I not seeing something?
Thanks for your help and for reading!
:bows:
Last edited:
...that is my excuse.