Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom
- Joined
- May 29, 2006
- Messages
- 30,822
- Reaction score
- 6,403
In practical divination, ie understanding what this answer means for you in regard to your question about your husband/job/house search/ health etc etc, it seems to me hexagram 13 unchanging can be a particularly enigmatic answer.
'Yes, yes, yes' I'd think to myself 'I get the idea' of what hexagram 13 is about but how does it possibly apply to my question which doesn't concern community or groups ...at all. When there are changing lines with hex 13 it's easier to get a handle on the application of the answer...but 13 unchanging can leave me looking for a branch to hang my understanding on.
Hmm branches....well they all come off the same tree so they maybe thats a meaningful metaphor for me
For my own experience of 13uc I recall I had received it over a period of time where I'd been disconcerted, upset or confused on some occasion with different people in social occasions...I think one was a family member, one was a teacher, another a friend...all seperate occasions, where something odd had happened between us that I couldn't quite fathom, where I'd felt something had gone very wrong that I didn't understand, that I thought would affect the future of the relationship. They weren't especially deep relationships...just everyday ones.....
nevertheless I had felt great chasms had opened between us and could not fathom what had happened. It was quite intensely felt so I expected each time to get an answer that reflected these chasms. Hmmm I got 13 uc on each occasion.
In actual fact as it turned out there were no chasms. I think with each person when I next saw them I was greeted with a smile and an embrace ! ......as if nothing had ever happened or if it had it hadn't really.
With hindsight I think perhaps this answer was about what I expected to share or not to share. I think the original puzzlement/sense of chasm was that they had said or done something very alien to the person I thought they were.
Overall however in the end it just didn't matter very much. I have the sense of 13 uc as background environment....like at school you are in a class full of kids but you don't expect to bond deeply with all of them and it doesn't matter if you don't. As humans humanity is our background envoronment.. ...maybe its just growing in the same soil but being different and being different can't expect not to be baffled now and then. I think in some hard to pin down way those experiences also made me aware that connections can be quite loose and still connect...I had the sense of 13uc referring to the slackening off of the intensity of one to one bonds to more casual common bonds.
Having said all that I certainly wouldn't say I have a clear idea of the way 13 uc applies at all...only that experience stands out to me. My experience on that occasion did involve people and community but what about when you get 13 uc for things not related to that ? And of course 13 doesn't just have to apply to people at all does it......or does it ?
Well humanity looks pretty central....from Bradford in an old 13 thread
Anyone have any 13 unchanging experiences to share ?
'Yes, yes, yes' I'd think to myself 'I get the idea' of what hexagram 13 is about but how does it possibly apply to my question which doesn't concern community or groups ...at all. When there are changing lines with hex 13 it's easier to get a handle on the application of the answer...but 13 unchanging can leave me looking for a branch to hang my understanding on.
Hmm branches....well they all come off the same tree so they maybe thats a meaningful metaphor for me
For my own experience of 13uc I recall I had received it over a period of time where I'd been disconcerted, upset or confused on some occasion with different people in social occasions...I think one was a family member, one was a teacher, another a friend...all seperate occasions, where something odd had happened between us that I couldn't quite fathom, where I'd felt something had gone very wrong that I didn't understand, that I thought would affect the future of the relationship. They weren't especially deep relationships...just everyday ones.....
nevertheless I had felt great chasms had opened between us and could not fathom what had happened. It was quite intensely felt so I expected each time to get an answer that reflected these chasms. Hmmm I got 13 uc on each occasion.
In actual fact as it turned out there were no chasms. I think with each person when I next saw them I was greeted with a smile and an embrace ! ......as if nothing had ever happened or if it had it hadn't really.
With hindsight I think perhaps this answer was about what I expected to share or not to share. I think the original puzzlement/sense of chasm was that they had said or done something very alien to the person I thought they were.
Overall however in the end it just didn't matter very much. I have the sense of 13 uc as background environment....like at school you are in a class full of kids but you don't expect to bond deeply with all of them and it doesn't matter if you don't. As humans humanity is our background envoronment.. ...maybe its just growing in the same soil but being different and being different can't expect not to be baffled now and then. I think in some hard to pin down way those experiences also made me aware that connections can be quite loose and still connect...I had the sense of 13uc referring to the slackening off of the intensity of one to one bonds to more casual common bonds.
Having said all that I certainly wouldn't say I have a clear idea of the way 13 uc applies at all...only that experience stands out to me. My experience on that occasion did involve people and community but what about when you get 13 uc for things not related to that ? And of course 13 doesn't just have to apply to people at all does it......or does it ?
Well humanity looks pretty central....from Bradford in an old 13 thread
Here's some stuff on the Hexagram name:
The word Ren in Tong Ren just means person, human being, another, of both sexes.
Tong has a range of meanings, but fellowship is best. It usually implies convergence around something in common or a point of consensus. It isn't especially associated with feelings like brotherly love, but that can be there
Anyone have any 13 unchanging experiences to share ?
Last edited:
